What's new

Top of the Pops -- albums / songs - predominantly 80s

@Marshmallow you can find it with English subtitles though I watched with some other sub titles :whistle:

GTO plot:

Eikichi Onizuka is a 22-year-old ex-gang member and a virgin. While peeping up girls' skirts at a local shopping mall, Onizuka meets a girl who agrees to go out on a datewith him. Onizuka's attempt to sleep with her fails when her current "boyfriend", her teacher, shows up at the love hotel they are in and asks her to return to him. The teacher is old and unattractive, but has sufficient influence over her that she leaps from a second-story window and lands in his arms.

Onizuka, upon seeing this display of a teacher's power over girls, decides to become a teacher himself. However, he earns his teaching degree, just barely, at a second-rate college. In his quest, he discovers two important things: he has a conscience and a sense of morality. This means taking advantage of impressionable schoolgirls is out, but their unusually attractive mothers are a different matter. He enjoys teaching and, most of the time, he teaches life lessons rather than the routine schoolwork. He hates the systems of traditional education, especially when they have grown ignorant and condescending to students and their needs.

With these realizations, he sets out to become the greatest teacher ever, using his own brand of philosophy and the ability to do nearly anything when under enough pressure. He is hired as a long-shot teacher by a privately operated school, in Kichijōji, to tame a class that has driven one teacher to a mysterious death, another to nervous breakdown, and one other to joining a cult. He embarks on a mission of self-discovery by breaking through to each student one-by-one, and helping each student to overcome their problems and learn to genuinely enjoy life. He uses methods that would be unorthodox, against the law, and also life threatening, yet somehow, he manages to succeed to educate and open up his students.

Here is a romantically sad Korean drama I liked:
Autumn in my heart

My friends liked this one:
Winter Sonata

I couldnt stand the later coz the main characters were like glued to each other every now and then but the OST is better than Autumn in my heart..

i dont understand even a bit of the lang:( though i want to:ashamed:
Watch their movies and dramas with subtitles...

I only got Alligato (thanks) that too from my friend who was taking intermediate Japanese in uni :ashamed:

@Marshmallow you can find it with English subtitles though I watched with some other sub titles :whistle:

GTO plot:

Eikichi Onizuka is a 22-year-old ex-gang member and a virgin. While peeping up girls' skirts at a local shopping mall, Onizuka meets a girl who agrees to go out on a datewith him. Onizuka's attempt to sleep with her fails when her current "boyfriend", her teacher, shows up at the love hotel they are in and asks her to return to him. The teacher is old and unattractive, but has sufficient influence over her that she leaps from a second-story window and lands in his arms.

Onizuka, upon seeing this display of a teacher's power over girls, decides to become a teacher himself. However, he earns his teaching degree, just barely, at a second-rate college. In his quest, he discovers two important things: he has a conscience and a sense of morality. This means taking advantage of impressionable schoolgirls is out, but their unusually attractive mothers are a different matter. He enjoys teaching and, most of the time, he teaches life lessons rather than the routine schoolwork. He hates the systems of traditional education, especially when they have grown ignorant and condescending to students and their needs.

With these realizations, he sets out to become the greatest teacher ever, using his own brand of philosophy and the ability to do nearly anything when under enough pressure. He is hired as a long-shot teacher by a privately operated school, in Kichijōji, to tame a class that has driven one teacher to a mysterious death, another to nervous breakdown, and one other to joining a cult. He embarks on a mission of self-discovery by breaking through to each student one-by-one, and helping each student to overcome their problems and learn to genuinely enjoy life. He uses methods that would be unorthodox, against the law, and also life threatening, yet somehow, he manages to succeed to educate and open up his students.

Here is a romantically sad Korean drama I liked:
Autumn in my heart

My friends liked this one:
Winter Sonata

I couldnt stand the later coz the main characters were like glued to each other every now and then but the OST is better than Autumn in my heart..

Watch their movies and dramas with subtitles...

I only got Alligato (thanks) that too from my friend who was taking intermediate Japanese in uni :ashamed:
ok sure :tongue: only after ill learn my own urdu lang thoroughly first:enjoy:

X Japan - Endless Rain
aj tu manti pi Japanese and death influence chaya hua hey:tongue:

@Talon

thanks...will watch it later.....have u seen it?
Yes...when it was famous in 2006 or something :rofl: it was killing to wait for the next episode...but once you have watched it...you have pretty much watched all Korean drama series...they have similar plots... :unsure:

Always revolving around 2 actors and 2 actresses who somewhere in the drama exchange partners and sometimes come back to the original match or sometimes start with the wrong match and eventually turn up with the right couple...watched 3 dramas after this one surprisingly all 3 had the same plot :undecided:

Yes...when it was famous in 2006 or something :rofl: it was killing to wait for the next episode...but once you have watched it...you have pretty much watched all Korean drama series...they have similar plots... :unsure:

Always revolving around 2 actors and 2 actresses who somewhere in the drama exchange partners and sometimes come back to the original match or sometimes start with the wrong match and eventually turn up with the right couple...watched 3 dramas after this one surprisingly all 3 had the same plot :undecided:
you know what i actually get very annoyed with plays/serials,be it in any lang.....urdu/english/japanese etc:sad: cant get glued to them for so long:argh:....you got to watch every episode to see what's happening....that is where i lose interest...itna boring and long task!:whistle: movies are awsum....juldi katam ho jati hain!:oops:

doesnt our own urdu plays have almost same stories as well?....its either love triangle or the saas is doing injustice with bahu....or its on violence on women!:whistle:

you know what i actually get very annoyed with plays/serials,be it in any lang.....urdu/english/japanese etc:sad: cant get glued to them for so long:argh:....you got to watch every episode to see what's happening....that is where i lose interest...itna boring and long task!:whistle: movies are awsum....juldi katam ho jati hain!:oops:

doesnt our own urdu plays have almost same stories as well?....its either love triangle or the saas is doing injustice with bahu....or its on violence on women!:whistle:
Well aaj kal aur bhi aray hain like the husband with affairs or the bigra wa son :rofl:

Love triangle is normal the Korean Dramas I watched had a love kite...square and then opposites inter-joining too :unsure:

@Marshmallow I dont have the patience to watch dramas unless all episodes have been aired...even if i watch them late...i dont die waiting for the next episodes..

Well, movies are good but sometimes drama have their own umff...you know a whole life or periods of life...

Well aaj kal aur bhi aray hain like the husband with affairs or the bigra wa son :rofl:

Love triangle is normal the Korean Dramas I watched had a love kite...square and then opposites inter-joining too :unsure:
lolz so Pakistanies are still shareef!:tongue:

aint bigra hua son already common?

and husband with affairs?
smileys-confused-821384.gif
i heard from a frend that even plays are made with wives having affairs after marriage lol is it true?

@Marshmallow I dont have the patience to watch dramas unless all episodes have been aired...even if i watch them late...i dont die waiting for the next episodes..

Well, movies are good but sometimes drama have their own umff...you know a whole life or periods of life...
you watch all episodes together? yeah that's better! otherwise curiosity kills you in plays and its like what the hell will happen next!....:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom