What's new

Top Maoist surrenders in A.P.

Where is the resident maoist troll when you need her??

Four infiltrators shot dead in Kashmir today, and another maoist surrenders.:victory:

Where is the resident maoist troll when you need her??

Four infiltrators shot dead in Kashmir today, and another maoist surrenders.:victory:

You do know that it is just a tip of the iceberg..

Unless and until development reached these backwards areas, we cannot wipe out Maoist rebels completely..

One surrendered leader is not going to solve the Maoist menace..

You do know that it is just a tip of the iceberg..

Unless and until development reached these backwards areas, we cannot wipe out Maoist rebels completely..

One surrendered leader is not going to solve the Maoist menace..

Actually surrender of top ranking leaders like this one is precisely what will finish this movement off in a military sense. It isn't just one less fighter, the effect of that will be felt on the rank and file cadre. Many lower ranking ones will also be forced to surrender or leave the movement because of this. Surrender of one top leader is a lot more valuable for us than the killing of one foot soldier, or even a few. Now the entire area he operated in can be sanitized completely with the info learnt from him. Replicating that in all areas is what will end the red menace, militarily.

Development is of course necessary for the long term good, but how can you bring development without bringing security first? Incidents like this are the first step to future development as well.

Actually surrender of top ranking leaders like this one is precisely what will finish this movement off in a military sense. It isn't just one less fighter, the effect of that will be felt on the rank and file cadre. Many lower ranking ones will also be forced to surrender or leave the movement because of this. Surrender of one top leader is a lot more valuable for us than the killing of one foot soldier, or even a few. Now the entire area he operated in can be sanitized completely with the info learnt from him. Replicating that in all areas is what will end the red menace, militarily..

If one is gone, there will be others to take up his place..May be some one worse than him.. Dont you think Maoists will shift their base after heard about the surrender..
Development is of course necessary for the long term good, but how can you bring development without bringing security first? Incidents like this are the first step to future development as well.

I did not asked for cease of CRPF operation against Maoists.. I was simply saying with out development of this area, Maoism cannot be stopped

If one is gone, there will be others to take up his place..May be some one worse than him.. Dont you think Maoists will shift their base after heard about the surrender..

Actually no, such top commanders are not so easily replaceable. They have years of experience in hiding and waging guerilla war, and the capability to indoctrinate others. If he is gone, there will be a vacuum. Top leaders and commanders don't just fall out of the sky.

And about shifting base, that's not how Maoists operate. They are not a conventional military force that operates out of military bases. They are classic guerillas - they live among the people, dispersed throughout. Their strength is in mingling with civilians and disappearing among them after carrying out an attack. These surrendered leaders can give a lot of intel to disrupt their entire network.

I did not asked for cease of CRPF operation against Maoists.. I was simply saying with out development of this area, Maoism cannot be stopped

It's the other way round - without stopping Maoism, we can't bring development to the area. No road contractor or industrialist or teacher or doctor or engineer would work in those areas, if he fears being kidnapped by these thugs. Unless we eliminate this armed movement, we cannot develop these areas.

Not exactly. AP has a way with the Maoists who know all too well not to piss the Grey Hounds off. :lol:

But yeah, its great to hear this good news before Diwali.

Just a doubt though; ain't Gadchiroli in Maharashtra? :what:

actually greyhounds are a vastly hyped up phenomenon....what ysr actually did was he paid the maoists to leave andhra and tuned a blind eye to their activities as long as they restricted their activities to outside andhra.....thats why maoist violence went down drastically in andhra even though telengana in general and karimnagar,warangal etc specifically are the ground zero of maoists....the greyhounds had only a limited role in the reduction of violence.....

and the reason why i think they did not surrender to maha police is in gadricholi, among the police men there is an unwritten rule of taking no prisoners...if you know what i mean....a maoist caught is a maoist dead there......

actually greyhounds are a vastly hyped up phenomenon....what ysr actually did was he paid the maoists to leave andhra and tuned a blind eye to their activities as long as they restricted their activities to outside andhra.....thats why maoist violence went down drastically in andhra even though telengana in general and karimnagar,warangal etc specifically are the ground zero of maoists....the greyhounds had only a limited role in the reduction of violence.....

But it is still impressive that the Grey Hounds were able to create terror among Maoists even with such limited role. This means that if they were given unprecedented power to wipe communist terror clean, they'd have done it with the right level of brute force.

and the reason why i think they did not surrender to maha police is in gadricholi, among the police men there is an unwritten rule of taking no prisoners...if you know what i mean....a maoist caught is a maoist dead there......

Personally, I think that's the best rule. A maoist caught should be a maoist snuffed. And the impact should be of fear. That person caught is "never heard of again". That sort of a thing because psychological fear is a big weapon. The CT units in J&K used psychological warfare and see how it bore results. Of course external factors like US bankrupting Pakistan was another important development but intimidation and ruthlessness did bear fruits.

I think AP has been most successful in anti-Maoist operations

Andhra Pradesh Anti-maoist Strategy Successful, But Tough To Replicate

Comment: Andhra Pradesh a difficult model to replicate --------- ¶18. (SBU) Comment continued. Putting aside the desirability of the security/human rights tradeoff that Andhra Pradesh has made, the other Maoist-affected states may lack the administrative capabilities and, more critically, the time to implement the Andhra Pradesh model. Andhra Pradesh's Greyhounds have achieved a level of sophistication far beyond that of the vast majority of Indian police and paramilitary units. Moreover, Andhra Pradesh's relatively strong bureaucracy and vast budgets give it the ability to implement a wide array of welfare programs throughout the state. Finally, the state's political leadership, particularly former Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, made defeating the Maoist insurgency one of the state's primary goals. But even with these elements in place, it took more than twenty years for Andhra Pradesh to reach this point, and the threat has not been eradicated. Indian policy makers may be looking to Andhra Pradesh as their model, but the record there indicates that victory against the Maoists is not likely to come in the immediate future. End comment. SIMKIN

I think its time a few army divisions (including all the engineers and medics that can be spared) were sent to the red belt in order to kill the Moaists and provide emergency services to the people stuck in the middle.

New roads, bridges, schools, medical clinics, an all kinds of other things are really lacking in the red belt. I think its time the people there got to see some major results from the government.

stupid yindoos...cannot even copy maoism right. it ain't ideology or tactics; this is about race! this is the reason why after so many decades of importing foreign arms yindoos still cannot manufacture bullets

stupid yindoos...cannot even copy maoism right. it ain't ideology or tactics; this is about race! this is the reason why after so many decades of importing foreign arms yindoos still cannot manufacture bullets

Are you for real? how does a forumer gets away with such language and insults against a religion?

Didn;t the greyhounds get butt kicked in one incident where a 100 or so souls perished in a classic guerilla surprise attack? To me the Maoists are clever. They fight when it is convenient for them not for us. They will strike when the opportunity arises. After 26/11, it was clear they sided with India not our enemies but things are changing as we adapted new techniques to get rid of them. We will see sooner or later what they have in store.

Didn;t the greyhounds get butt kicked in one incident where a 100 or so souls perished in a classic guerilla surprise attack? To me the Maoists are clever. They fight when it is convenient for them not for us. They will strike when the opportunity arises. After 26/11, it was clear they sided with India not our enemies but things are changing as we adapted new techniques to get rid of them. We will see sooner or later what they have in store.

Please tell me how they did that, how did they side with India after 26/11?

Maoists kill four, free 8 cadres in Giridih ambush

DHANBAD: In a well-orchestrated operation, about 100 armed Maoists, attacked a police van carrying 32 prisoners from Giridih court to the divisional jail at Mahadev Chauk in Giridih town on Friday evening. Three policemen and a prisoner were killed in the blast and indiscriminate firing by the Red rebels.

The Maoists succeeded in freeing eight of their comrades from the prison van. Police said over two dozen prisoners in the van also escaped after the attack.

Maoists kill four, free 8 cadres in Giridih ambush - Times Of India

Back
Top Bottom