What's new

Top 10 Most Powerful Militaries in 2017

totaly agree...

This list is just adding numbers togther ...not taking in account the quality of the equipment

just my thought if taken anything into account including quality of weapons (as far as I know the equipment) leaving nuclear weapons aside..

1. USA ... nothing to discuss about it... 10 time bigger budget than the next... high quality equipment in huge numbers
2. India ... befor anyone blames me... India runs a giant T-90 fleet (nealry as much as the overall active tank fleet of Russia... Russia main battle tank is still the T-72 and they started NOW to update their old T-90A and K to MS and they only have 350 active of them while India runs nearly 2000 or already has more than 2000...
3. China... strong stady growning economy allows quickly upgade its equipment
4. Russia drops quickly out of the top 5 soon... outdated equipment.. some small number show off weapons does not turn down the fact that the majority of its equipment is old cold war stuff... the real active numbers are small (only 2500tanks) .. tanks in depot or worthless.. once a expert said a tanks sitting around for years can besend directly to scrap yard..the work to bring it back to life is not worth the money.. they have huge defence budget cuts... many projects only idle are on halt...
5. France good balance between numbers and up to date technology...
6. UK not on pair with France
7. south Korea... like France good balance between numbers and technology
8. Israel... small but with tonns of high end armored vehicles
9. Turkey...only lifes from numbers.. the bulk of their equipment is stoneage old...the tank fleet is huge but a technology joke.. M48, M60 and Leo1 still the main equipment... the most modern tank is the Leo2 A4 still on technical level of 1985.. much talking about upgrade so far nothing happen...
10. Japan

not in the List Germany... we have some decent technology but overall the Bundeswehr has given up to much of its former power... currently Artillery is a joke... tank fleet is modern but to small... Tornado needs replacement quickly... needs bigger budget to hold existing equipment battle ready...

1. You just simply can not rank militaries as a whole. You’re just spinning on the ground by making a kid contest ranking yourself.

2. All due respect. Your comments on the military capabilities of Turkey, Israel and India is nothing but completely bull-s-hit, take that from a person (if he ever was dumb enough to make rankings) who would place his country even lower than you did.

3. Reading 2 articles on Wikipedia and looking on a combat map makes everyone a military expert nowadays.

1. You just simply can not rank militaries as a whole. You’re just spinning on the ground by making a kid contest ranking yourself.

2. All due respect. Your comments on the military capabilities of Turkey, Israel and India is nothing but completely bull-s-hit, take that from a person (if he ever was dumb enough to make rankings) who would place his country even lower than you did.

3. Reading 2 articles on Wikipedia and looking on a combat map makes everyone a military expert nowadays.

other than you I did military service and there is nothing to talk about that the turkish tank fellt is COMPLETELY OUTDATED and the tank fleet is the main strike force of every Army...
The most modern active tank in service in Turkey was the tank I drove 28 YEARS AGO.

28YEARS ago Germany was phasing out Leo1 ... not to talk about the M48 that are still in service in Turkey today

If you look at history,I would say Russia.having modern systems doesn't mean that you are strongest.america was strongest before Iraq Afghanistan war.now they fed up.they can't control talibans.hiw can they win a war against a bigger country? Their actions in Vietnam is evidence that they can't fight intense war continuously.russia lost Ukraine and other regions after Soviet Union collapse but they are still the best army.only American air Force has the upper hand.germany was 25 km away from Moscow when they repelled Germans and war ended in Germany.russia still are powerful military.

My list would be
1.USA
2.RUSSIA
3.CHINA
4.FRANCE
5.UK
6.JAPAN

Rest doesn't matter... No one is near to defence capabilities as these top 6 have

1、USA
2、Russia
3、India
4、Israel
5、France
6、UK
7、Pakistan
-------------nuclear
8、Japan
9、Turkey
10、Germany

。。。。。。。

China,we stay out

Last edited:
hold existing equipment battle ready

No active submarine -Dec.2017-;
F-125 underarmed and again in Yard ( first time in German Naval history) after acceptance !
No ballistic missiles comparable to Turkey's BM capability.

I won't say we are super power but for a country who ranks 36 w.r.t area and 6th w.r.t population, whose GDP ranks 25th, which fought 4 conventional wars and lost half of its country and is now fighting an unprecedented war on terror, whose enemies are countless and have brought their wrath to it by all possible means. Its survival and resurgence as an important country speaks of the resilience its inhabitants have in their genes, my country may not be in the TOP 10 conventional military powers list but for sure is in the TOP 10 nuclear powers list. this alone makes it invincible militarily. these are the rankings when we have all the odds against us, just imagine if things start changing there would be no stopping us then. India would sooner or later realize that its not in her favor to make us their enemy. we are battle hardened, tough mentally, expect India and America to attack us anytime and know the consequential losses we may suffer, however, we have unshakable self belief that they can never defeat us because we would never give up. resultantly, whoever will try to exaggerate enmity will be the ultimate looser. Indians have slavery in their genes, after so many centuries they got back their freedom but they are time and again registering with their conspiracies that freedom doesn't suit them genetically.

other than you I did military service and there is nothing to talk about that the turkish tank fellt is COMPLETELY OUTDATED and the tank fleet is the main strike force of every Army...
The most modern active tank in service in Turkey was the tank I drove 28 YEARS AGO.

28YEARS ago Germany was phasing out Leo1 ... not to talk about the M48 that are still in service in Turkey today

-Turkey is the one competing with German institutes to upgrade German made obsolete tanks on foreign markets.
-Turkey has developed own MBT which is going to be delivered in lots, totally 1000 Altay.
so stop this obsolete crap card, since you also know Which level is the power power and deterrence level of Turkish Military.
M0rYV7.jpg

-Turkey is the one competing with German institutes to upgrade German made obsolete tanks on foreign markets.
-Turkey has developed own MBT which is going to be delivered in lots, totally 1000 Altay.
so stop this obsolete crap card, since you also know Which level is the power power and deterrence level of Turkish Military.
M0rYV7.jpg

Not to mention the tank-hunter T-129s and armed drones Turkey builds... Turkey is often underrated in these listings. If it had nukes it'd consistently make #5 or #6.

T-129+Attack+Helicopter+Turkish+UMTAS+air-to-surface+anti-tank+guided+missile+(ATGM)+Cirit+semi+active+lazer+guided+missiles+L-UMTAS+IIR-UMTAS+Unguided+rockets+20mm+gun+(12).jpg

C-gjeh7XoAEV3eI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom