What's new

TOP 10 COUNTRIES THAT HATE/LOVE U.S.A THE MOST

LiberalAtheist

Reaction score
Who loves ya, baby? If you’re the United States of America, the answer is fewer and fewer people around the world.
In Britain, France, Germany and nearly a dozen other prominent nations, the percentage of people with a favorable view of the United States has declined over the last decade, according to a new global survey by the Pew Research Center. That trend has been apparent since the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, which was highly unpopular in many countries. The 2008 financial meltdown marked another slip in America’s reputation, as many people blamed Wall Street for a global recession that still weighs on the world economy. Controversial drone strikes aimed at terrorists and childish political antics in Washington continue to mar America’s image abroad.
Some nations still have a soft spot for the U.S., however. Of 39 nations where Pew conducted surveys, here are the 10 where people have the most favorable impression of the U.S.:

1. Philippines (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 85%)
2. Israel (83%)
3. Ghana (83%)
4. Senegal (81%)
5. Kenya (81%)
6. El Salvador (79%)
7. South Korea (78%)
8. Italy (76%)
9. Uganda (73%)
10. Brazil (73%)

Why are these particular countries so fond of us? For many of the African nations, it's largely because of the aid we send them, which is a strong starting point for better relations with this increasingly important continent. Most Americans don’t think much about Africa, but other nations -- like China do -- because economic conditions in several African nations are improving rapidly, and some of them are rich in rare-earth minerals, oil and other valuable resources. Africa is also important because it can serve as a staging area for counterterrorism operations in Somalia,Libya, and wherever the bad guys try to hide out next.

The strong U.S. showing in South Korea shows the two nations remain unified in their approach to the cranks in North Korea, perhaps the most nettlesome nation on earth. Brazil is one of the world’s biggest and most important developing nations, so good relations there are important. Israel’s spot near the top of the list shows a strong alliance on Middle East interests, despite some sharp differences on how to manage some of the more divisive issues, particularly the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

America’s popularity in the Philippines, meanwhile, suggests Uncle Sam isn’t the exploitative quasicolonial power some critics claim it is. There's been a strong history of military and economic cooperation between the two nations since the Philippines became independent in 1946, including substantial U.S. aid to the archipelago. The Philippines also has territorial disputes with China, which could bind it even more closely to the United States.
It goes without saying that we remain unpopular in a few places. Here are the 10 nations with the least favorable impression of the U.S., according to Pew:

1. Pakistan (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 11%)
2. Jordan (14%)
3. Palestinian territories (16%)
4. Egypt (16%)
5. Turkey (21%)
6. Greece (39%)
7. China (40%)
8. Argentina (41%)
9. Tunisia (42%)
10. Lebanon (47%)

It’s not surprising that America is most unpopular in Pakistan -- there are deep divisions over U.S. drone strikes on Pakistani territory and other unilateral efforts to hunt down terrorists without that country's approval or cooperation. Strong U.S. support of Israel has long been generating enmity in Muslim nations, including Jordan, Turkey and Egypt, plus the Palestinian territories.
The negative view of America in China — where we're the biggest consumer of Chinese exports -- may come from government efforts to paint the U.S. as a hypocritical nation that badgers others about environmental issues and human rights, even though its own record is spotty. Argentina has developed strong ties with China in recent years, which might explain its modest antipathy toward America.
There’s some consolation in those week approval numbers. In several countries, including Egypt, Jordan, Germany, Australia and even Russia, American citizens are more popular than the nation they hail from. That suggests the U.S. government and its policies are the biggest threat to our standing in the world. A lot of Americans probably agree.

10 Countries That Love (and Hate) America the Most | The Exchange - Yahoo! Finance

Were all 200+ countries of the world surveyed?

If not, then how could they list the Top 10 countries that love/hate XYZ?

It’s not surprising that America is most unpopular in Pakistan -- there are deep divisions over U.S. drone strikes on Pakistani territory and other unilateral efforts to hunt down terrorists without that country's approval or cooperation. Strong U.S. support of Israel has long been generating enmity in Muslim nations, including Jordan, Turkey and Egypt, plus the Palestinian territories.
The negative view of America in China — where we're the biggest consumer of Chinese exports -- may come from government efforts to paint the U.S. as a hypocritical nation that badgers others about environmental issues and human rights, even though its own record is spotty. Argentina has developed strong ties with China in recent years, which might explain its modest antipathy toward America.
There’s some consolation in those week approval numbers. In several countries, including Egypt, Jordan, Germany, Australia and even Russia, American citizens are more popular than the nation they hail from. That suggests the U.S. government and its policies are the biggest threat to our standing in the world. A lot of Americans probably agree.

10 Countries That Love (and Hate) America the Most | The Exchange - Yahoo! Finance

What about Greece?

Also the reason why 40% of China has negative views about U.S. is totally wrong. The Chinese government and its better off citizens that purchase luxury goods in the west and immigrate to the west have favorable views about the U.S. It's those ordinary people that will live in China and care about China have negative views about the U.S. Why would those business people that exploited ordinary Chinese and now immigrate to the U.S. to enjoy life will have negative views about the U.S.? Ordinary Chinese hate those business people and thus, the U.S., which preaches about democracy but allow those corrupted businessmen and CCP officials hide in the U.S with looted wealth.

What about Greece?

Also the reason why 40% of China has negative views about U.S. is totally wrong. The Chinese government and its better off citizens that purchase luxury goods in the west and immigrate to the west have favorable views about the U.S. It's those ordinary people that will live in China and care about China have negative views about the U.S. Why would those business people that exploited ordinary Chinese and now immigrate to the U.S. to enjoy life will have negative views about the U.S.? Ordinary Chinese hate those business people and thus, the U.S., which preaches about democracy but allow those corrupted businessmen and CCP officials hide in the U.S with looted wealth.

How many people are you talking about who migrated after making money? there would be not much, does their number matter in this survey?

How many people are you talking about who migrated after making money? there would be not much, does their number matter in this survey?

I am talking about those better off people that will leave China at any moment to enjoy better life with looted wealth. Yes, they are significant in urban areas, and I am quite sure the survey was heavily skewed towards urban residents. Those are also the people that bombard the Chinese government day in and day out but they themselves have taken advantage of the system and exploited ordinary Chinese.

I call those people hypocrites and they are the reason why I don't support democracy at the moment. Ordinary Chinese will suffer if those people get in power. They are worse than the CCP.

I am talking about those better off people that will leave China at any moment to enjoy better life with looted wealth. Yes, they are significant in urban areas, and I am quite sure the survey was heavily skewed towards urban residents. Those are also the people that bombard the Chinese government day in and day out but they themselves have taken advantage of the system and exploited ordinary Chinese.

I call those people hypocrites and they are the reason why I don't support democracy at the moment. Ordinary Chinese will suffer if those people get in power. They are worse than the CCP.

I dont get it - then why would they say they view America negatively? wouldnt that be counterproductive?.

Also, I dont get why they would want to leave after making their fortune? I thought Chinese were highly nationalistic, and isnt China becoming more modern and luxurious everyday?

not surprised. door-mate country like philippines is desperate for sugar daddy. :lol:

I would say China hates the US the most. The 2 nations have very old scores to settle.

Only some countries are survied in 2013(not include India in 2013), however, in 2012
Opinion of the United States (2012) - Indicators Database | Pew Global Attitudes Project
Percent responding Favorable (2012)
COUNTRY 2012
United States 80%
Italy 74%
Japan 72%
Poland 69%
France 69%
Brazil 61%
Britain 60%
Spain 58%
Mexico 56%
Czech Republic 54%
Russia 52%
Germany 52%
Lebanon 48%
Tunisia 45%
China 43%
India 41%
Greece 35%
Egypt 19%
Turkey 15%
Pakistan 12%
Jordan 12%

I would say China hates the US the most. The 2 nations have very old scores to settle.

quite the opposite. american products are top selling in china from iphone to cars to brainless hollywood propaganda action movies. chinese love their stuff. the americans on the other hand are bashing china daily from their media. it's typical sign of decline in power. that's why the need to paint negative stuff at others nonstop. lol

PG_13.06.26_usChina-Image_US.png

PG_13.06.26_usChina-Image_China.png

What are the actual survey questions?

There is a world of difference between loving/hating American culture and American politics.

Better survey could've been: "Which countries does America love"

Well..... we know the answer to that.......

Only Israel. Rest are all collateral damage....

Btw, on topic.... educated Greeks have most unfavorable opinion of the Yanks, at-least that's what I got....

I dont get it - then why would they say they view America negatively? wouldnt that be counterproductive?.

Also, I dont get why they would want to leave after making their fortune? I thought Chinese were highly nationalistic, and isnt China becoming more modern and luxurious everyday?

mm, what? Read my comments earlier. They are the people that lover America, while ordinary people that get exploited by them and are not enjoying the fruit of development don't really care about America.

Who said Chinese are highly nationalistic? As I explained earlier, those who will live and stay in China have to be nationalistic, while those who have reaped benefits will want to enjoy better quality of life and better environment in the West while leaving pollution for the rest of Chinese to deal with. That's just human nature. We are humans anyway and will care about our own life first.

China is modern day by day but is also kind of crowded. Those people want to have single family mansion with lawn, which only super ****** rich can afford in China while average Americans can enjoy in the U.S. Plus, those rich businessmen are responsible for all those food scandals, etc, do you think they want to eat those food themselves? Also when they are materially wealthy, they want to share power, so they bombard with criticisms against the government. Have they asked ordinary Chinese whether ordinary Chinese that are struggling with housing etc want to have regime change?

Back
Top Bottom