What's new

To be a Muslim in India today

Majority of Hindus in Pakistan live in slums so they really dont use Internet! however in populous cities like Karachi and Lahore, they are on higher ranks and well educated. They dont use this forum, ask to them! m not responsible for them!

2ndly, hindus in pak are not even equal to 10 Laks! so with this ratio, there shud not be a single hindu on this forum!

Lol, u need to read Muhammad Yousuf's History first! Mohamamd Yousuf accepted Islam b4 3 years of declaration to the public! so improve ur knowledge and then argue!

I agree with u bro !!

Hindus ke jo rights yahan hein woh India main bhi nahin honge

I agree with u bro !!

Hindus ke jo rights yahan hein woh India main bhi nahin honge

:undecided: refrain from posting something which you cant prove.

Anyway this thread is about Indian Muslims not Pakistan.

Please do not derail the thread.

Thanks

Again, as an Indian I feel no need to be defensive about the treatment of Muslims in India.

I feel that there is a problem, I think that we are trying to solve it peacefully and for the long term.

I hope that any discrimination Muslims endure in India is solved. In the meanwhile, I am proud of what Muslims have accomplished in India, despite their disadvantages. Long may it continue.

I also accept criticism of India's track record, but we don't need excess moralizing from outsiders. Fair enough, criticize us, please understand the big picture before letting loose.

Boy oh boy. Long time since I visited the forum but the obsession of Pakistan with "Indian Muslims" has not gone away and neither has the assertion of fellow Indians that all is hunky dory.

why do you people have this fascination with muslims in india, fair enough there is some discrimination, everyone knows it but how does it bother you.

Do you know that for every one starving muslim in India, there are 4 hindus. Not that it is anything to be proud of but it just reflects Pak's obsession with muslims across the world. It clearly implies that you don't give a **** about humanity and global hunger. You people just concerned with muslims and that too in India.

There are swathes of poor muslims in Somalia, Afghanistan,Iraq , I have never seen a thread showing a shread of concern about them. Forget those, what about Pak, things are not exactly great over there for muslims.

My point is (for both indians and pakistanis), stop pissing your time finding deficiancies in other countries and look at your own houses.

Point well taken that Muslims are not always embraced by hindus but thats more of an individual problem than a societal cancer.

Get a life people, there are enough reasons to do finger pointing at our own nations, doing the same about other countries (repeatedly) at that , reflects on your own character and personality.

Very very nice post Nihat, speaks a lot about you cheers mate :cheers:

Ummmm, someone tell me why Pakistan entered this debate? How did it end up here...

Being a muslim, hindu, christian, sikh, jew and name any other religion in India does not restrict or deprive them to grab the opportunities.. everyone gets equal opportunities... I never heard someone being denied education because of their religious background. It all depends on the individuals and their families. Everything boils down to education... if someone wishes to stay within the gulli or mohalla and never dream beyond the limits... then it is upto them to pick their destiny... I agree that with over a billion people opportunities are hard to come by, but that definitely does not mean that one should give up and blame it on the non-secular forces of the political system... I am sure that is the case with every country in the world... (communists excluded)
Just my 2 cents...

well guys i just want to say to my indian friends that pakistani ppl have an opinion and so do indians. no matter what we say to each other we cant change what has been taught to us since child hood.

to indians i would say pakistanis are not as bad as we think and indian are not as good as we think. although we are much ahead of them in almost every sphere in the world.

we dont need to give explanations to anyone. let them think what they want. they are discussing this on there forum it is there right.

well guys i just want to say to my indian friends that pakistani ppl have an opinion and so do indians. no matter what we say to each other we cant change what has been taught to us since child hood.

to indians i would say pakistanis are not as bad as we think and indian are not as good as we think. although we are much ahead of them in almost every sphere in the world.

we dont need to give explanations to anyone. let them think what they want. they are discussing this on there forum it is there right.

Finally, a mature post! :tup:

I stated in my post that there are small street groups of Muslims these can be called as street committees and not an influencial political party. But still if they workd togather they can have a national political party which can have more power to negotiate with big non-Muslim political parties for the rights of Indian Muslims.

Dear Jana,

I do not blame you for looking at India and Indians through pakistani eyes.

However, we Indians see things differently, so allow me to explain.

We are a Secular people. Our Politics are Secular. Our Industry is Secular. Our Society is Secular. Our Judiciary is Secular. Our Police is Secular. Our Army is Secular (rather, it is areligious).

We do not have nor desire Political Parties, especially those with National aspirations, to be aligned to a any religion.

It is self-defeating and un-Indian.

It is separatist.

It is ghettoist.

It is what India and Indians chose to reject in 1947.

But you I do not blame Jana.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Justice Aftab Hussain Saikia of the Gauhati High Court is appointed as the chief justice of the Sikkim High Court.

4 example u can find Chief Justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan "Justice Rana Bhagwan Das"

I thought you said several such examples.

May I repeat this again? Until today there have been 3 muslim chief justices in India and 3 muslim Presidents of India to begin with.

GB

Being a muslim, hindu, christian, sikh, jew and name any other religion in India does not restrict or deprive them to grab the opportunities.. everyone gets equal opportunities... I never heard someone being denied education because of their religious background. It all depends on the individuals and their families. Everything boils down to education... if someone wishes to stay within the gulli or mohalla and never dream beyond the limits... then it is upto them to pick their destiny... I agree that with over a billion people opportunities are hard to come by, but that definitely does not mean that one should give up and blame it on the non-secular forces of the political system... I am sure that is the case with every country in the world... (communists excluded)
Just my 2 cents...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...nation-india-next-only-iraq-us-thinktank.html

We are concerned because whatever happens in Pakistan with regards to the taliban can have direct repercussions on India.The same is not true for India's so called suppression of Muslims.

I've lived in Delhi all my life and i've never heard of this place. Perhaps because the colony is actually a slum,and guess what? the conditions of slums in even delhi is bad. Irrespective of people who reside there.

The only muslim majority neighbourhood that i know of is Nizamuddin, (Because there are very few Muslim/Christian/Sikh/etc colonies anymore because of better integration) and conditions there are no different from any other colony. No wait, there is one difference. Nizamuddin has better street food!

You say you lived all your life in Delhi and know only about Nizamuddin area as Muslim dominated! POOR YOU !! There are more Non-Muslims in Nizamuddin than any where else in Delhi! :cheesy:

Then you do not know about 1000,000 + muslims in Old Delhi, 500,000 + muslims in Okhla area with Jamia Millia Islamia, and yes 300,000 Muslims in Trans Yamuna colonies!!

BUT YOU ARE STILL COMPETENT ENOUGH TO COMMENT ON DAY TO DAY 'HALAT' OF INDIAN MUSLIMS AND OF DELHI IN PARTICULAR!!

By the way better food is available in other muslim localities ! Just get the value of your money by paying at right places for MUSLIM FOOD ! :yahoo:

I'm well aware of old delhi and Jamia, my post was a response to Jana's post which stated that a muslim majority neighbourhood in Delhi was being discriminated against.

By the way, Old Delhi is not a muslim majority area. Perhaps next to Jama Masjid, but not the entire area.

By the way better food is available in other muslim localities ! Just get the value of your money by paying at right places for MUSLIM FOOD !

Stop calling it Muslim food.

Back
Top Bottom