What's new

TNI FTW! Indonesian forces sweep gold medals at shooting competition in Australia

However, sometimes I think it's not really a good thingthing for such a single nation to be too dominant, it kills people excitement /interest in such an event. Just like the Chinese dominate table tennis which makes people lose interests. Lol
I'm not sure about this. But I heard Indonesian contestants are the ones who were professionally trained for the match. In a way they are more like athletes than soldiers. I can see from the photos that these soldiers are at their 30-40 age. Normally soldiers age should be 20-30. I know when China sends its teams for international competitions, the contestants would be selected from soldiers in service.

Hi, Thank you for your post---that is a moment of pride. Great job by your soldiers.

Thank you, great job indeed. Hope we can have more participant in the next competition. I believe Pakistani army participation will be welcomed there.

I'm not sure about this. But I heard Indonesian contestants are the ones who were professionally trained for the match. In a way they are more like athletes than soldiers. I can see from the photos that these soldiers are at their 30-40 age. Normally soldiers age should be 20-30. I know when China sends its teams for international competitions, the contestants would be selected from soldiers in service.

Since when soldiers age should be 20-30? Are they gonna change their profession when they turn 40? Even i don't know their age. Don't spread irresponsible rumour. They are active soldiers, 14 selected from various units to represent Indonesian Army. 9 from KOSTRAD, 4 from KOPASSUS, and 1 from KODAM Mulawarman.

Kostrad (Army Strategic Command)
HUT-Kodam-Diponegoro-111014-tom-1.jpg

Kopassus (Army Special Forces)
13082865121269011878.jpg

Kodam (Military District Command)
20131021161155061.jpg

TNI: Selection process for AASAM 2015 sharpshooters

Strategic Reserve Command Commander Lt. Gen. Mulyono proud of the achievements of the Army who won the first race in Australia shooting. Even the Indonesian team's victory can be said absolute because it won 30 gold medals out of 50 gold medals in the Australian Army Skill at Arms Meeting (AASAM) 2015.

According to Mulyono, it was not easy to choose 14 best soldiers to be sent to Australia two weeks ago. "The selection process was long and rigorous." At first, a few months ago, the whole units in the Army sent their representatives. They come from Kostrad, Kopassus, and every District Military Command.

After initial selection, and 80 sharpshooters personnel selected, stricter selection was carried out to obtain 14 best sharpshooters for various categories, such as the shooter pistols, assault rifles, to sniper rifle. Selection process was held at the 1st Command Infantry Division in Cilodong, Depok, West Java.

In addition to shooting techniques, medical and psychological condition become consideration for selection. The goal that Mulyono want was 14 best sharpshooters with strong physical and mental condition.

As the result selected 14 sharpshooters that consist of 9 KOSTRAD soldiers, 4 Kopassus soldiers and a soldier from Mulawarman District Military Command . They undergo rigorous training for three months at the Cilodong headquarters.

One of them was Sergeant Misran who successfuly bagged seven gold medals and one bronze medal. Misran who served in the Army Strategic Command, Airborne Infantry admitted that they was trained without a day off.

more: Proses Seleksi Petembak AASAM TNI AD - MILITERYS | Seputar Militer

Last edited:

'Dem TNI shooters are culled from the best marksman in the services and in addition the guns are tailored for such occasion. The SS2V4 the TNI carried for the competitions for example are not the usual gun regular servicemen uses.

TNI has made the 8th overall winner in AASAM consecutively 2008-2015 using locally made ss2 pindad rifle. wow that's is really something. ss2 pindad should have a name along the best assault rifles. the best soldiers and the best weapons sould give the best performance indeed.

Few short clips documenting Indonesian team participation in AASAM shooting competition in the past.

Last edited:
haha,, this kind of reasons that I have previously mentioned some days ago.. @katarabhumi

As had been said by my fellow indonesian members earlier,, Yes!! We are lacks in quality and quantity in modern weaponary.
Yes!! We have to ussual to live and train with obsolete weapons.
and Yes!! We had never trained to be like Rambo or Chuck Norris where we had to waste a lot of bullets only to hit one target. Even in daily basis exercise, our regular army is only given a little ration bullets to use, until there is a popular term here "a single bullet for one head"..
But when we talk about personal skills and profesionalism, there's no doubt, that our soldiers is the absolute winners!!!
Even our professional athlete is sucks in such shooting olimpic, so why we need to sent them into the army shooting competitions?? It's like suicide to me..

Indonesia complains to Australia over treatment of soldiers at shooting competition

Indonesia's military says it has complained about what it believes was discriminatory treatment of its army personnel during an Australian shooting competition last month.

Marksmen from the Indonesian army thrashed competitors in a shooting competition in Victoria, winning 30 gold medals, 16 silver and 10 bronze.

In contrast, Australian army personnel only won four gold, nine silver and six bronze.

Indonesia's army spokesman said his shooters were singled out by the Australian military and were asked to have their weapons dismantled and inspected.

Brigadier general Wuryanto said Indonesia complained because it is not in the rules and no other competitors were asked to present their weapons for inspection.

The annual shooting competition is hosted by the Australian army and was held at Puckapunyal.

It was the eighth consecutive year Indonesia's marksmen have won the overall competition.

Indonesia complains to Australia over treatment of soldiers at shooting competition | ABC Radio Australia

Army Asked to Disassemble Weapons at Oz Tournament

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – Silmy Karim, the CEO of state-owned weapons manufacturer PT Pindad, said the Indonesian Army was asked to disassemble the weapons the Indonesian soldiers used at the Australian Army Skill at Arms Meeting held from May 5-16 in Australia, which was allegedly aimed at disqualifying the Indonesian contingent.

“We’ve secured a landslide victory since the beginning, then there were complaints from the other contingents to the event’s committee,” Silmy said when visiting Tempo’s office in Jakarta on Wednesday, June 3, 2015.

In the tournament, which was participated by 16 countries, the Army secured 30 gold medals, 15 silvers and 20 bronzes. Host nation Australia finished fourth with four golds, seven silvers and five bronzes. The US Marines, meanwhile, snatched four golds. The Army’s spectacular victory, however, sparked protests from the other teams.

Simly said the tournament’s committee asked the Army to disassemble its SS2 V4 assault rifles and G2 pistols, to which the Army said no. “If we should disassemble them, we asked that the other contingents also did the same. Not just us,” he said.

Simly said the committee suspected that Army’s rifles and guns had been modified, whereas in fact the specifications of those firearms were similar to the other weapons used in the tournament. “If modifications can improve the [weapons’] performance, of course we will make new variants. But these are the best we've got,” he said.

The secret to the Indonesian Military’s (TNI) victory, he added, lay in the quality of the shooters, weapons and bullets. “All of them are made in Indonesia, only the firing range that is made in Australia,” he said. “We finally came up as the grand champion.”

Army Asked to Disassemble Weapons at Oz Tournament | National | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final result AASAM 2015
160947_daftar.jpg

The achievement of TNI and message to the world

aasam15.jpg

Indonesian National Army has re-achieved a proud achievement for Indonesia. The achievement was not on the battlefield, but in an international shooting tournament attended by 14 countries (17 contingent). The competition named ‘Australian Army Skill at Arms Meeting’ (AASAM) 2015 was organized by Australian Army by inviting countries in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Commonwealth countries. This becomes interesting to be highlighted, considering the achievement obtained by Indonesia as the overall champion. According to the Head of Information Department of the Army, Brigadier Gen. Wuryanto, the compitition this year is the 8th year in a row that Indonesia become overall champion.

On this achievement, at least, there are two important points for a message to the world. First, Indonesia can demonstrate the skills and the capacity of TNI. Second, Indonesia can prove the quality of its military products. In regard to the capacity of human resources, the world can see that TNI is composed of reliable personnel. They cannot be underestimated. Thus, any country planning to disturb Indonesia, it must carefully take into account all possibilities to deal with Indonesian fighting force. Indonesia may not be able to compete with some superpowers in terms of mastery of advanced technology and heavy weapons possession. However, Indonesia has possessed military personnel which are considered capable, strong, and courageous.

In connection with military products, though not qualified heavy weapons, some weapons used by the Indonesian team in the competition shooting taking place at Puckapunyal, Victoria in Australia were made in Indonesia. This means that Indonesia is able to arm its military with good-quality equipment and without always relying on outsiders. Moreover, this becomes a sign that the military equipment of Indonesia is very competitive. Thus, TNI should not hesitate to supply the needs of Indonesian military.

Of course, Indonesia cannot be excessively proud with this achievement. Because, it must be admitted that there is a lot of homework to be completed ahead. Not to mention nowadays, ‘soft diplomacy and soft power’ becomes a force that needs to be considered to support defense and security of each country.

The achievement of TNI and message to the world | Voice of Indonesia - VOI | RRI World Service Voice of Indonesia

Australian Army Skills at Arms Meeting brings world’s best shooters to Puckapunyal

- Video: Herald Sun

GUN-TOTING foreign troops have invaded Victoria. But fear not, the highly-skilled shooters from all corners of the globe aren’t bringing World War III to our doorstep. Troops from the United States, Europe and Asia have descended on the Puckapunyal military base for one of the world’s premier shooting tournaments.

739678-59da9630-db12-11e3-917f-8bca2ad8cf46.jpg

The Australian Army Skills at Arms Meeting wraps up Friday after putting a field of sharpshooters — including Australia’s best — to the test.

739652-6757b19e-db12-11e3-917f-8bca2ad8cf46.jpg

Competitions have been held at all hours of the day, testing everything from close-quarter fighting with bayonets to sniper shots from up to 1000m. Pistols, rifles and machine guns were all fired during the competition, organised by Army Reserve members.

739600-fdb6d354-db12-11e3-917f-8bca2ad8cf46.jpg

The competition also determined the Australian Army, Navy and Air Force’s champion shooters, with the leading combat marksmen then able to represent Australia in similar events overseas.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Few photos of AASAM 2015 participant

Singapore
11262490_769301763177594_7918664710219464058_n.jpg

US Army
11231807_769301906510913_1540079687004746610_n.jpg

11210476_769302096510894_1886078307203733948_n.jpg

British Army
11041544_769301823177588_2875951884104397629_n.jpg

11064802_769301853177585_1095113051349235465_n.jpg

Australian Army
11036802_769302026510901_2651697339643146644_n.jpg