What's new

Tit-for-tat beheadings across the Line of Control in 2011

I read and avoided this thread.. i remembered what you said and described.. This kind of harsh truth if possible should be kept under the carpet only. If the mango people of both sides comes to know the what really goes on, they would actually come to know Why many of us hate wars. And all this actually happened in peace time.

The S Strike word will be used by earlier governments to twist the narratives.. Thankfully we have people like you who have briefed us much earlier and we know well to cross check and debunk such twisted stories which support just one agenda point of glorifying the decision making system but covers up the sad reality of where you cant trust the man by your side at any point of time.

Indeed. The current spate of violence is to be abhorred. And people here need to be checked, who glorify such acts, without realizing the costs.

Indeed. The current spate of violence is to be abhorred. And people here need to be checked, who glorify such acts, without realizing the costs.
That my friend is the sad reality of over relying the games on PS platforms or in computers where you either play in god mode or restart the mission again and again with all your life points and situation restart from "saved" points..

In reality its the exact opposite.. your bullets dont come back.. the guns ammo gets empty pretty quick.. The colleague by your side martyred in the line of duty - you wont hear his words again.. and nor the jokes he pulls when all of them shared the small patches of good times..

All ppl cared here is kill all , lets nuke and lets take it forward.. The generals of Keyboard war mongers are really cool people.. Good thing is the real professional establishment of both sides dont have same mentality as keyboard generals..

@hellfire
At times do show both sides some of the unknown stories of porters, guides and other such ppl who did what.. you know what i mean.. show them the mirror.. all of them.. Unless slowly but surely ppl see and realise, nothing ever will change from the chest thumpings ever.

This is my third generation in Pakistan military so we know too well what it is like on the borders/LoC.
We have known over the years that on borders they have been 'best of family' and 'worst of enemy' at various times. From sharing 'Halwa/sweet dishes'/well wishes on festive days to attempting beheading and sneak attacks, all has been happening since decades. And what happens there is the reality one needs to give due respect to and learn lessons from. It is the media that sensationalizes an event and uses word wizardry to show a loathsome act as some bravado - by doing so plays with the emotions of the people and in turn helps those ruling from mansions and palaces manufacture wars

I believe if those who make the war and those who fight the war were one , there would be way lesser wars over time

As for the post, I believe it's sensationalism at best, and an attempt to legitimize the current claim of Surgical Strikes as well. Not that it would not have happened back then but not the way it is told. Likewise, even in current situation, if 'the intention and attempt to defame and sensationalize' is removed from the equation the cross-border raid 'to kill' could start making more sense as a routine, since 'the intention and attempt to defame' demanded addition of buzz words and the kind of larger than life imagery ,appropriate for domestic consumption, but out of place for the hell called LoC !

Facts, are boring. Fabrication garnishes/creates a dull act/no-act for those who have witnessed wars in the commercial theaters only and hence the need to create a look-alike for them to consume and start chest thumping and get pacified without the loss of too many votes. All the more reason to see clearly and question the agenda behind the claims doing rounds.

This is my third generation in Pakistan military so we know too well what it is like on the borders/LoC.
We have known over the years that on borders they have been 'best of family' and 'worst of enemy' at various times. From sharing 'Halwa/sweet dishes'/well wishes on festive days to attempting beheading and sneak attacks, all has been happening since decades. And what happens there is the reality one needs to give due respect to and learn lessons from. It is the media that sensationalizes an event and uses word wizardry to show a loathsome act as some bravado - by doing so plays with the emotions of the people and in turn helps those ruling from mansions and palaces manufacture wars

I believe if those who make the war and those who fight the war were one , there would be way lesser wars over time

As for the post, I believe it's sensationalism at best, and an attempt to legitimize the current claim of Surgical Strikes as well. Not that it would not have happened back then but not the way it is told. Likewise, even in current situation, if 'the intention and attempt to defame and sensationalize' is removed from the equation the cross-border raid 'to kill' could start making more sense as a routine, since 'the intention and attempt to defame' demanded addition of buzz words and the kind of larger than life imagery ,appropriate for domestic consumption, but out of place for the hell called LoC !

Facts, are boring. Fabrication garnishes/creates a dull act/no-act for those who have witnessed wars in the commercial theaters only and hence the need to create a look-alike for them to consume and start chest thumping and get pacified without the loss of too many votes. All the more reason to see clearly and question the agenda behind the claims doing rounds.

I appreciate your post and your candour, but would have preferred a different wording for the third paragraph.

I appreciate your post and your candour, but would have preferred a different wording for the third paragraph.
Thank you for the compliment

A simple act (or an attempt) on the ground was sold as a Psy-ops, that indeed was the agenda behind in the first place. But point not awarded is as good as point not scored and here's where the counter Psy-Op scored a few hits

Status quo and agreeing to disagree are the only best solutions I see in case of India and Pakistan. For the former we are dueling and for the later I am not so confident

Unfortunately Indians are pathological liars (govt + media and lot of PDF memebers).

"SirGKal" strikes, being victim of terrorism etc are all but few examples.

So anything coming from India especially regarding things about Pakistan military and LoC etc. must be taken with pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom