What's new

Tigris Shield Peace Operation Updates & Discussions

@CamelGuy the Americans do have a pretty big impact on many decisions in Iraq right now. I hope that the whole region will be able to resist American pressure in the future.

They've got a big impact on nearly every country in the region, they influence Turkey a lot as well despite all of Erdogan's vocal opposition which solely states his ruler image; strongman as opposed to other 'soft power' rulers.

That said many have falsely spread misinformation about this topic, define 'client-state' for example to even state whether x or z country is a client state of America. We can look at Iran during the Shah's rule, it was a strong country militarily, whilst dependent on the US for military supplies and executing US policy in the region they were a regional power. Iraq doesn't enforce US policy in the region, neither opposes it. It balances between Russia/Iran & US policy in the region as is clearly seen, if Iraq was truly America's puppet/client state then Iran and Russia would not be using Iraq's airspace to reach Syria, Iraq would be bolstered by American military aid to pose a threat to Iran and the two would have signed an official treaty alliance. The AIM-120 AMRAAM would not be blocked for sale to Iraq if it was under American control, it would rather be encouraged to bolster the ISF against Iran as it was bolstered in the 80's to serve the same purpose.

The problem with Iraq's rulers is their soft stances on enemy policies, being silent on German support for Peshmerga, sending 13% of the budget to Barzani whom is an enemy and not abolishing the autonomy all together. US is not choosing irrelevant KRG over Baghdad.

Iraq went from extreme far-right policy of a government that solves its problems with war to one that accepts everything, they need to find something in the middle.

We have a clueless German dropping some comment he read from a few headlines, such people shouldn't be allowed to vote in national elections

Last edited:
Suleimani was suffering from Turkish blockade, I believe for example the airport in Suleimani never received any approval to fly through Turkish airspace again after the failed referendum in the KRG, unlike Erbil.

Also there is this rumour that two MIT members missing allegedly kept somewhere around PUK controlled areas by the PKK.

So I guess they eventually budged?

Suleimani was suffering from Turkish blockade, I believe for example the airport in Suleimani never received any approval to fly through Turkish airspace again after the failed referendum in the KRG, unlike Erbil.

Also there is this rumour that two MIT members missing allegedly kept somewhere around PUK controlled areas by the PKK.

So I guess they eventually budged?
The second is not a rumor. There is even a video of the operation for their capturing.

Somebody tell the Turkish Airforce to do an airstrike on the gathering of these donkey shagging terrorists.

Somebody tell the Turkish Airforce to do an airstrike on the gathering of these donkey shagging terrorists.
There are a lot of civillians. Let those terrorists mourn a little bit more; then they will go to mountains back in a few days which will result with their participation in the next gathering in coffins. This cycle continues for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom