What's new

Tianjin blasts: Nation hails firefighting heroes

Hopefully they all have Self-contained breathing apparatus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TFS_SCBA_gear.jpg
If you read the news, you will know they died, because of explosion, not because of gas. I don't think this thing can help.

Last edited:
Yes but not sure if those are 100% protect proof from poison fumes. I rather not have to go through that.

I guess it depends upon how much over pressure you set it to. Certainly the tank isn't going to last very long.

Even my dog knows those brave tianjin fireman are killed by 24t TNT explosion. I wonder who besides dog don't know such thing and can link those death is caused by poison fumes inhale due to inadequate fireman suit?

Magnitude 2.3 and 2.9 earthquakes were separately recorded during the series of explosions

Good to hear a 27 years old firefighter survived the shockwave.

The first explosion was not strong enough to overturn Yang. But after few seconds, the second blast hit the site. The massive shockwave of the blast blew him off and knocked him unconscious.
Yang said sometime later he recovered consciousness, and blood kept running down from his head. Yang found a container 10 meters away from him and crawled to it.
After finding a cover, Yang saw the complete devastation of the blast site. Some of his teammates who were able to move helped each other walk outside the blast site.

No suit is gonna protect from
  • Blast wave: When a bomb explodes, the area around the explosion becomes overpressurized, resulting in highly compressed air particles that travel faster than the speed of sound. This wave will dissipate over time and distance and will exist only for a matter of milliseconds. This initial blast wave inflicts the most damage. When this blast wave reaches a structure or person, two things will initially happen. First, the person will feel the force of the blast, which is the primary and initial impact of the shockwave. This will damage a structure or body on impact.
  • Shockwaves: After a blast wave strikes a surface or body, high-velocity shockwaves, or stress waves, will continue to pass through -- in the body, they travel through the organs and tissues. Shockwaves carry energy through the medium they pass through; they're supersonic and transport more energy than sound waves. Currently, there are no effective ways to prevent shockwaves from passing through protective clothing, and in some cases protective measures may even amplify the destructive effects

Last edited:
Even my dog knows those brave tianjin fireman are killed by 24t TNT explosion. I wonder who besides dog don't know such thing and can link those death is caused by poison fumes inhale due to inadequate fireman suit?

Anyways, back to topic

Exhausted firefighters were seen napping on the ground at ‪#‎Tianjing Blast‬ site. 21 firemen died and 12 still missed.

Deaths in Tianjin blast now 56. So many volunteers are donating blood that one center ran out of blood bags in just half an hour.

Blood donations for Tianjin's injured pour in as China announces chemical inspections
CCTV-AMERICA.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP to the dead :( so what happen i heard it was some kind of mishap chemical storage facility any investigation on the matter? Again ako ay na kikiramay (My condolences to all the dead) :cray:

Last edited:
RIP my brothers and heroes. I have immense respect for the emergency services and any call can literally be their last. Thank you for your service, God bless.
My respects to China.

Please also do not sully thread with insults. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom