What's new

Three US soldiers among 9 killed in Dir blast

These drone strikes carry on because let's face reality folks...Pakistan is a weak country...from the political stage to the military theatre, our policies both external and internal have been bled dry of all the sense and logic in them. This is why drone strikes happen, never forget why they happen. They happen because Pakistan is a weak nation, no other implicit reasons. Not because of sell out generals either, they simply can't bury their heads and wish America was located on another planet. The Yanks were coming regardless. If our Air Force and army were so strong both in their policies and firepower there wouldn't be drones coming in and blasting Pakistan nor would the Taliban have reached this level of popular support.

These drone strikes carry on because let's face reality folks...Pakistan is a weak country...from the political stage to the military theatre, our policies both external and internal have been bled dry of all the sense and logic in them. This is why drone strikes happen, never forget why they happen. They happen because Pakistan is a weak nation, no other implicit reasons. Not because of sell out generals either, they simply can't bury their heads and wish America was located on another planet. The Yanks were coming regardless. If our Air Force and army were so strong both in their policies and firepower there wouldn't be drones coming in and blasting Pakistan nor would the Taliban have reached this level of popular support.

OK........your right...Kharian lets role over and let them take over and do whatever they wat, actually lets let India do so as well while were at it all.

Look......the US knows as well as any other country that despite the US policy of drones or other actions, there is only a certain amount one can push another country, and there is only a certain amount which will be accepted, and pushing the line with only make things alot worse.

The US is very aware of the situation in FATA and NWFP and know very well that any if PA is just about pushing in city by city then what will be the state of ANY armed forces trying to occupy such a region, believe me, they have no intention of conquest in this region, yet anyway.......

Pakistan was tiger of Asia during Zia era , but Gen Musharaf make it weak by accepting US conditions of interference for his only personal intrests to get protection from country's law.

Army and Pakistani nation still have great potential but it need right leadership having courage and dedication to serve nation and to elevate the image of Pakistan in Muslim World .

can you please provide any evidence such as survey results or any article to back your claim of such figures ..!
Overall i think you dont have an iota of knowledge that what the PA's high command thinks and how they deal matters with US ..!

India’s Chief of the Directorate General of Military Intelligence (DGMI), Lt. General R K Loomba’s secret visit to Kabul for discussions with the officials of Afghanistan, US and NATO regarding training Afghan national army units points in the direction of the growing role of India and its intelligence services in Kabul, and the leaning of the US and NATO towards relying on this help, possibly with an eye to the future withdrawal of US and NATO forces starting in 2011, when the vacuum of training and aid to the nascent Afghan army could arguably be filled by India, said a revealing report.

Needless to say, this development is a slap in the face of Pakistan’s insistence to the US and NATO that Pakistan’s core national interests in Afghanistan be taken into consideration, which at the very least includes a friendly government in Kabul. It also needs no emphasis that such reports are likely to act as the proverbial red rag to our military establishment, could spark off a proxy conflict between Pakistan and India on Afghan soil, and even a wider conflict between the two South Asian neighbours, thereby reversing the momentum towards peace that seemed so promising at one time.

The News Blog - Pakistan's fastest growing Blog | U.S.- NATO new Afghan policy may spark Indo-Pak conflict

Still you think Pakistanis and PA shall love US forces and policies ,shamefull thinking indead

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ There is a considerable segment of the PA which the US hasn't been able to bribe with money or scare with threats. These are usually lowly ranked front-line soldiers that are sacrificing their lives on a daily basis for the well being of Pakistan. Of course, that also includes higher ranked officials. This segment of the PA is loyal and above all extremely patriotic towards the cause of Pakistan. Usual American bickering in this regard is enough testimony of this fact. The Americans don't trust the PA and believe that the so-called rouge elements within PA and intelligence agency don't want to prostrate before US demands. Just as the US disregarding any laws for the sake of their national interests, similarly should Pakistan have the right to disagree with US demands in the best interest of Pakistan. The US cannot be above Pakistani interests.

Last edited:
US deaths spotlight military assistance in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: The deaths of US special operations personnel in a suicide car bomb have laid bare US military assistance to Pakistan. Deployed from US Central Command, which under General David Petraeus oversees the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the three were killed on Wednesday. The bomber detonated alongside a Frontier Corps (FC) vehicle near a girls’ school in Lower Dir, killing the US soldiers, five schoolgirls and an FC soldier. Dozens of schoolgirls were wounded, trapped under the rubble. Officials say the US commandos were “trainers” accompanying the FC to an inauguration of the school. The US special representative to the region, Richard Holbrooke, said there was “nothing secret” about the presence of US military trainers in Pakistan. An embassy official said there were approximately 200 US military personnel in Pakistan to provide security assistance and training. afp

they are here bcuz we have agreed to it - dont blame the US, blame the GoP if u dont like it!

EDITORIAL: Open and brutal war

In a bomb attack on a military convoy in Lower Dir, three American soldiers and four female students lost their lives. Around 100 people were injured, a large majority of them being female students of a local school. The US soldiers were travelling with a military convoy comprising local troops, journalists and officials to attend the opening ceremony of a girls’ school that was renovated with American aid and humanitarian assistance. The Taliban had previously blown up the school. This was the first fatal Taliban ambush on American soldiers in Pakistan in nearly three years. The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility and said, “The Americans killed were members of the Blackwater group. We know they are responsible for bomb blasts in Peshawar and other Pakistani cities.” Some people have been arrested and investigations are underway.

It seems as if the TTP tried to kill two birds with one stone: killing American soldiers who were training Pakistani forces to fight the Taliban and al Qaeda and blowing up a girls’ school as they have been doing in the past. It is horrendous that the Taliban once again did not shrink from attacking young female children. It proves once more that these fanatics have no mercy for anyone, women, children or the old.

Those elements that have been advocating holding a dialogue with the Taliban need to open their eyes and see the true face of these monsters. They have no love lost for humanity and only want to impose their own brand of ‘shariah’ on the people of this country at the point of a bayonet. Holding a dialogue with such ruthless barbarians is totally out of the question, as they are a species not amenable to reason. This dialogue policy has failed in the past and proved that the militants only sign a peace deal when they are weak in order to buy time and regroup. Once they get stronger, they change their stance completely and their demands also increase. The Lal Masjid episode in the past and the recent Swat deal are the most glaring examples of the faulty nature of the policy of negotiating with militants. There are no ‘good militants’; the Taliban sympathisers need to understand this once and for all. We have committed enough follies in the past. To bring peace back to Pakistan we need to learn from history and not repeat the same mistakes. Those who justify holding talks with the Taliban cite the example of the West seeking reconciliation with the Taliban in Afghanistan. What they do not comprehend or choose to ignore is that the Afghan Taliban are very strong and control a number of important areas of Afghanistan. The West’s bid to woo them is because the US-led Nato forces will be withdrawing from the region very soon while the Afghan army is not strong enough yet to fight the Taliban. The situation in Pakistan is totally different. We have a strong military which, if it continues with the military operations, will be successful in rooting out the local militants sooner or later.

The government must remain steadfast in curbing the ongoing militancy. The militants would try to use terror attacks as a tactic to pressurise the government into halting military operations and signing peace deals with them, but any such notion should be rejected out of hand. For peace and prosperity in the country, the menace of extremism must be eradicated. The only solution to the problem lies in pursuing the militants with full zeal. There should not be any let up in the operations against them. We have to see this struggle through to the bitter end.

http://dailytimes.com.pk

Lower Dir attack

Dawn Editorial

Friday, 05 Feb, 2010

The Taliban would doubtless be euphoric over Wednesday’s attack that killed three American servicemen who were reportedly on a training mission with the Frontier Corps. At least four Pakistani schoolgirls and a local soldier also perished in the assault.

The international media has paid more attention to the Americans’ death than to the murder of Pakistani girls and injuries suffered by scores of other students, and this take is a measure of the perspective through which the war on terror is seen. For the state and people of Pakistan the war on terror is not a shibboleth confined to the media; for them, terror is a reality of everyday life. Yet ironically it is they who are made to feel guilty. Civilian casualties aside, Wednesday’s attack at Kad in Lower Dir near the Afghan border saw the first American military deaths ‘in action’ on Pakistani soil since 9/11. The Taliban, who have shown little respect for human life and murdered and injured thousands of Pakistanis, alleged that the Americans belonged to Blackwater (Xe) and blamed the private US agency for blasts in Peshawar and other cities.

What the Americans were doing there and the tragedy that followed are a typical example of the lack of a clear demarcation of lines that often characterises coordination between Pakistani and American agencies at tactical levels. It is not clear whether the American servicemen were ‘on duty’ in mufti or they were ‘guests’ attending the inauguration of a girls’ school, which the Taliban had bombed and which they had rebuilt. The presence of students and teachers makes it clear that what was going on was a non-military affair. It goes without saying that the Taliban wouldn’t miss any opportunity to make themselves felt and strike even if this leads to heavy civilian casualties. What is important, however, is to realise that the Taliban suicide bomber could not have struck without a tip-off from insiders. The ‘probe’ that invariably follows such tragedies should consider this aspect of the security situation and flush out those among the Pakistani establishment who serve as the Taliban’s eyes and ears.

I said early on that our guys aren't the story. They knew the risks and it comes with the territory. WHAT IS THE STORY is that the taliban had full discretion to determine the time and place of attack and CHOSE that TIME AND PLACE.

This isn't about some G.I.s in mufti. They wouldn't be there in a P.A. convoy if your government didn't want them. It's about the taliban and their willingness not only to accept collateral casualties (from little girls no less) but to INTENTIONALLY make that a paramount component to their plans.:angry:

Thanks.:usflag:

I said early on that our guys aren't the story. They knew the risks and it comes with the territory. WHAT IS THE STORY is that the taliban had full discretion to determine the time and place of attack and CHOSE that TIME AND PLACE.

This isn't about some G.I.s in mufti. They wouldn't be there in a P.A. convoy if your government didn't want them. It's about the taliban and their willingness not only to accept collateral casualties (from little girls no less) but to INTENTIONALLY make that a paramount component to their plans.:angry:

Your guys aren't the story, which part of the burrow did you crawl out from then.......they were the specific tarfets, heading to a girls school for inaugeration,..........what the F*** does that have to do with training PA soldiers.......

Yes these attacks are F***ed up to say the least and the TTP are a bunch of barbarians, no less then the US when it comes to their drone strikes and civilians get killed, as they chose the targets and timing to strike on those targets, thus killing civilians

Four children, woman, man killed in Pak in US drone attack

What do youthink this family did, or what their crime was

US marines are not safe any where in Pakistan neither PA can protect them because tribes and Pakistanis dont like them due to US government double standards in Palestine and occupation in Afghanistan.

US drones attackes further creating hatred among NWFP tribes against US.

Pakistan and US can not flush Al Qaeada from FATA and Afghanistan untill they made Talaban and Pushtoon Tribes in FATA their friends.

"US marines are not safe any where in Pakistan neither PA can protect them because tribes and Pakistanis dont like them due to US government double standards in Palestine and occupation in Afghanistan."

I deeply regret the deaths of these U.S. servicemen though I recognize that your irhabist sympathies make you my enemy and, thus, incapable of compassion for their deaths or the pain such will cause to their families.

Nonetheless, they are professionals and understood this danger beforehand.

You, OTOH, can't or won't read well. I made clear that those soldiers AREN'T my concern. The deaths of the young schoolgirls and the wounding of more than 100 other little girls by the willful targeting of these soldiers in the midst of these little girls IS my concern and I find the taliban/A.Q.'s tactic to do so despicable.

I doubt you actually care.:angry:

I wish you would read better or, instead, quit using every opportunity to dissemble facts with strawmen propaganda.

"US drones attackes further creating hatred among NWFP tribes against US."

You absolutely don't know that. Farhat Taj disagrees with your assertion having spoken to many IDPs from this area. So too Irfan Husain. I also spoke with a young man this weekend from Marwat who thoroughly sustains her message.

You, though, don't have a CLUE what is actually thought by tribepeople in an area that's controlled by threat of taliban assassination however. So, with all due respect, peddle your bullsh!t among all those pre-disposed to hate us in anycase. Hate us you might but it'll have nothing to do with the taliban enslavement and murder of the tribal people of FATA.

"Pakistan and US can not flush Al Qaeada from FATA and Afghanistan untill they made Talaban and Pushtoon Tribes in FATA their friends."

The pashtun tribes hate the taliban and A.Q. for murdering hundreds of tribal maliks. Don't you know anything or are you an A.Q. propagandist?

I think you are taliban, Fundamentalist. I can't ban you so I'm now going to place you on ignore. I'm sure you'll understand...or not but I don't really care.

With that, adios you taliban irhabist sympathizer.

"US marines are not safe any where in Pakistan neither PA can protect them because tribes and Pakistanis dont like them due to US government double standards in Palestine and occupation in Afghanistan."

I deeply regret the deaths of these U.S. servicemen though I recognize that your irhabist sympathies make you my enemy and, thus, incapable of compassion for their deaths or the pain such will cause to their families.

Nonetheless, they are professionals and understood this danger beforehand.

You, OTOH, can't or won't read well. I made clear that those soldiers AREN'T my concern. The deaths of the young schoolgirls and the wounding of more than 100 other little girls by the willful targeting of these soldiers in the midst of these little girls IS my concern and I find the taliban/A.Q.'s tactic to do so despicable.

I doubt you actually care.:angry:

I wish you would read better or, instead, quit using every opportunity to dissemble facts with strawmen propaganda.

"US drones attackes further creating hatred among NWFP tribes against US."

You absolutely don't know that. Farhat Taj disagrees with your assertion having spoken to many IDPs from this area. So too Irfan Husain. I also spoke with a young man this weekend from Marwat who thoroughly sustains her message.

You, though, don't have a CLUE what is actually thought by tribepeople in an area that's controlled by threat of taliban assassination however. So, with all due respect, peddle your bullsh!t among all those pre-disposed to hate us in anycase. Hate us you might but it'll have nothing to do with the taliban enslavement and murder of the tribal people of FATA.

"Pakistan and US can not flush Al Qaeada from FATA and Afghanistan untill they made Talaban and Pushtoon Tribes in FATA their friends."

The pashtun tribes hate the taliban and A.Q. for murdering hundreds of tribal maliks. Don't you know anything or are you an A.Q. propagandist?

I think you are taliban, Fundamentalist. I can't ban you so I'm now going to place you on ignore. I'm sure you'll understand...or not but I don't really care.

With that, adios you taliban irhabist sympathizer.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Again blame game and ignore list drama.

Every muslim is talaban and fundamentalist , your statement depicts your ignorance about Islam and Fundamentals of Islam

Talib means student of islam nothing else.

In fact you dont have habbit of listening of critisim.

BOSS(@$$hole) IS ALWAYS RIGHT:lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Again blame game and ignore list drama.

Every muslim is talaban and fundamentalist , your statement depicts your ignorance about Islam and Fundamentals of Islam

Talib means student of islam nothing else.

In fact you dont have habbit of listening of critisim.

BOSS(@$$hole) IS ALWAYS RIGHT:lol:

Not that i want to come in between you two but i have to say that what Taliban did initially even in Afghanistan is not something that can be labelled a study of Islam, slowly and gradually they became more and more intoxicated with power and forgot that they had promised the people something good, instead they forced their own brand of Islam on everyone and made an already miserable people become more miserable with strange and unislamic laws which only such poor students found islamic...sad that they call themselves students...they learned nothing but certainly taught us one thing, they will never learn.
Their marriage to Al Qaeda proved that they were willing to call brothers the very people who brought ruin to their people and were already wanted in many Muslim countries for their bloody acts.

Had there been true knowledge of Islam and tolerance associated with it, the Taliban would never have been such a fanatic and hardcore order which became so ruthless and knows zero diplomacy when even dealing with its own people especially since the very people supported them once to bring order and peace.

Now these second generation Taliban do not even have a cause, they are not even sure themselves what they are figthing for...they are just terrorizing the same people they claim to fight for and whom they now perceive as sell outs of the ideology...they do not realize that this ideology of perpetual bloodshed was never one of the people.
The people are not to be blamed if they do not like to see Taliban justice delivered via beheadings or bombings, people wanted peace and order not holy suicide bombings perpetrated in the name of Islam which kill all without mercy.
These second generation Taliban include all sorts of criminal gangs who call themselves students of Islam, what sort of phd is this which is financed by the blood of innocent people while it gives any base and vile character the right to judge the lives of others and inflict divine punishment on those deemed traitors to the Taliban cause?

If i go by the Taliban way of life then i am afraid i am not following Islam since Islam does not teach us to degrade women and keep them confined in houses without education and access to healthcare.
This was done by the best of Taliban.

This sick mentality was best reflected when the TNSM chief sufi Muhamamd was confronted by a very clever mediaperson who asked him if he agreed that women should not be given higher education to which he said yes that is correct.
The person then asked him that did Sufi also agree with the concept that women cannot be seen by a male doctor...naturally he said yes this is not allowed and added that only a female doctor can see a woman.
Then the brilliant question was put to him that if women are not entitled to higher education and at the same time male doctors are not allowed to see women, where will the female doctors come from to attend to the women?

To me it sums up the intelligence of these students of Islam and their teachers and supporters who stand by laws and concepts which have nothing to do with Islam...

Please do not call every Muslim a Talib...what i have seen of Taliban is that even when they were on their best behaviour...they had poor knowledge of Islam but the problem is that they were not even willing to change their stance despite the suffering of the common man.
Now they have made allies of terrorists and given birth to fanatics who will care naught for the lives and property of the very Muslims whom they claim to be fighting for...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom