What's new

Three soldiers die after being swept away by torrential rainwater

The points you lot are raising s one theme - that nature can be perilous, as if I am arguing that it cannot be perilous - and that's not the position I have taken - The position I have taken is that losing servicemen to "accidents" or "acts of nature" is stupid and unnecessary and that these can be prevented with better training.

See heavily loaded trucks thrown about like match sticks is not a so called act of nature, it is an act stupidity - @Areesh asks if training will make service men into super men - as if that is the purpose of training

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the responses I have read here are truly amazing !

People evidently have no idea what nature can do.

Sir they do have that ideal very well but sometimes people are driftted and driven by their bias and hate for certain community/ org.

thats all

The points you lot are raising s one theme - that nature can be perilous, as if I am arguing that it cannot be perilous - and that's not the position I have taken - The position I have taken is that losing servicemen to "accidents" or "acts of nature" is stupid and unnecessary and that these can be prevented with better training.

See heavily loaded trucks thrown about like match sticks is not a so called act of nature, it is an act stupidity - @Areesh asks if training will make service men into super men - as if that is the purpose of training

I am just asking that whether better equipment and training would make the invincible or not? Its pretty simple.

You could have put forward your argument logically. but your childish comment exposed your one sided biased statement

I am just asking that whether better equipment and training would make the invincible or not? Its pretty simple.

It just goes to show the mentality - better training may allow you to make better decisions, to have greater awareness - See, the purpose training is not to create reckless or unaware persons, it is to teach persons the limitations and capabilities of their equipment, and themselves and to make them aware of the dangers they may face and how to avoid or overcome them.

Just because you may be a trained rifleman does not mean you allow yourself to become a target.

I must admit that I do think it curious that such a basic idea is escaping your comprehension

Some of the responses I have read here are truly amazing !

People evidently have no idea what nature can do.

some people just wanna start a baseless discussion any increase their posts……:omghaha:
well RIP
those areas are really hard territians……:coffee:

I think you misunderstand - the issue is not flash floods, but training - My post have nothing to do with flash floods, rather that for our servicemen to have died in a accident, is stupid and callous, and that better training and awareness, can save lives - you will recall Pakistani servicemen buried alive under tons of ice and snow - Are we learning?

What would training have done in this case?

A small Nullah in Pindi can rise to twice it's height in 30 minutes and take houses away, it has happened before. Maybe this was the same case in this sad incident.

As for the avalanche, what possible precaution could you have taken? What training could have saved those 130 souls from millions of tons of snow?

What would training have done in this case?

A small Nullah in Pindi can rise to twice it's height in 30 minutes and take houses away, it has happened before. Maybe this was the same case in this sad incident.

As for the avalanche, what possible precaution could you have taken? What training could have saved those 130 souls from millions of tons of snow?

Would you pose this question to a platoon that does not perform well when confronted by the enemy? Would you ask what training could have done in this case?

As for the avalanche -- it is clear that the decision to select the site as a the camp was not informed by the geologic considerations specific to the site, right? That there did not exist the awareness to monitor geologic conditions and any effects that may cause the avalanche.

I think some of us all more concerned about brushing the dirt under the carpet, so to speak, than ensuring that we do not suffer such accidents or "acts of nature"

As for the avalanche -- it is clear that the decision to select the site as a the camp was not informed by the geologic considerations specific to the site, right? That there did not exist the awareness to monitor geologic conditions and any effects that may cause the avalanche.

I think some of us all more concerned about brushing the dirt under the carpet, so to speak, than ensuring that we do not suffer such accidents or "acts of nature"

That site had been present there for the last 25 odd years...and a routine study was made.

If I remember correctly, right after the incident a geologist or somebody from the government said that this was very un expected, that ice block was not expected to move from there and there was no previous indication that it would move.

Again, this is the matter of geological authorities, both within and outside the army. What could the training of a Naik or a Subedar do in this case?

Similarly, in this flood case, what would the training of a Naik or a Sepoy have done?

Things are not always hunky dory in our military, but let's not exaggerate every issue and make a remark that 'India kay sath kiya karain gay'.

That site had been present there for the last 25 odd years...and a routine study was made.

If I remember correctly, right after the incident a geologist or somebody from the government said that this was very un expected, that ice block was not expected to move from there and there was no previous indication that it would move.

Again, this is the matter of geological authorities, both within and outside the army. What could the training of a Naik or a Subedar do in this case?

Similarly, in this flood case, what would the training of a Naik or a Sepoy have done?

Things are not always hunky dory in our military, but let's not exaggerate every issue and make a remark that 'India kay sath kiya karain gay'.

See, the answer is in your first sentence - simply not the awareness that in a area devoid of human activity and pollution, a study based on a 25 year old survey sufficed instead of constant monitoring - yes, things are t hunky dory in our military, that's why instead of being defensive and emotional, we should focus on delivering training that saves our boys lives, these boys and men trust us with their lives, their parents wives and children trust us with their lives - we must honor that trust, not with reciting arabic, but by being active to ensure their well being and awareness of the dangers they face

@muse

Stop fidgeting about looking for excuses....read what you regurgitated in your first post.!!

And this army will protect Pakistan from Indian army? it cannot even protect itself against rain

Going by your logic, a person who can survive nature's fury can easily dodge enemy bullets....i guess that makes the Eskimos and Amazon Indians the best fighting machines known to mankind.

@muse

Stop fidgeting about looking for excuses....read what you regurgitated in your first post.!!

Going by your logic, a person who can survive nature's fury can easily dodge enemy bullets....i guess that makes the Eskimos and Amazon Indians the best fighting machines known to mankind.

I suppose if that is your take on it, sure -however, what I said in that post is pretty clear - if the training and awareness is not imparted to avoid or overcome the hazards associated with rain and flash flood, what confidence can we have that this army has imparted training to defeat and overcome the Indian army? If it cannot protect itself against rain and floods, can it protect itself against the Indian army? -- Why is this not worth questioning?? Why do some of us fear questioning the way we do? as if it were sin and not responsibility.

Three soldiers have died when gushing rainwater swept them away as they were pulling a vehicle stuck in a drain near Frontier Regions Bannu, official sources said.

Military officials confirmed the soldiers died when a vehicle they were pulling out from a drain was swept away by torrential rainwater at Sian Tanga area near Khiasor along the North Waziristan Agency and Frontier Regions Bannu border.

Officials said that one of the soldiers died on the spot while two others succumbed to their injuries at the hospital.

“The vehicle was pulled out by reinforcement which was sent in,” the military officials said.

Three soldiers die after being swept away by torrential rainwater | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

RIP.... may Allah accept Shahadah of our soldiers.....

I do not think we should blame soldiers. They risk everything they have to defend our nation. If they die then that is a loss. If they are not as smart as a PHD, engineer, lawyer or whatever... I do not care. Serious. At least they are not as corrupt as the masses that destroyed your nation within. RIP.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom