What's new

Three Pakistani soldiers killed in explosion: officials

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Three Pakistani soldiers killed in explosion: officials | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

PESHAWAR: Three Pakistani soldiers were killed on Saturday after a bomb planted on a roadside exploded in a northwestern tribal area, security officials said.

The blast took place at Katasarai village in restive Kurram tribal district bordering Afghanistan where Pakistani army and paramilitary forces have launched an operation against Taliban militants.

“Three security personnel including a lieutenant have embraced martyrdom and one other was wounded in an IED (improvised explosive device) blast,” a senior security official told AFP.

Local intelligence officials suspect the involvement of Taliban militants in the attack.

Pakistan has for years battled homegrown insurgents in the tribal belt that borders Afghanistan.

More than 3,000 soldiers have died but Pakistan has resisted US pressure to do more to eliminate havens used by Afghan insurgents.

On Thursday, the US Senate voted to freeze roughly $700 million in aid to Pakistan pending assurances from Islamabad on taking steps to thwart militants who use improvised explosive devices (IEDs) against US-led forces in Afghanistan.

Pakistan angrily criticised the move, the latest rift in a fraying alliance that has been in deep crisis since air strikes by US-led forces killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last month

geez just go in and take them all down in one big massive military invasion of the tribal areas

how hard is that?? sure you might have some killed, but in the end there wont be much of a problem anymore.

pakistan doesnt have the balls to take them on, they rather have little skirmishes now and then.

if i was general, i would lead a blitzkrieg on them and that would be the end of it

its a change of tactics.....
havent heard of roadside bombs being used in pakistan before.

if pakistan was serious about fighting them... they have the ability, they have the strength.. the tribal areas compared to the country of pakistan are minute!! take it village by village, house by house, and then pakistan can not only kick their *****, but they can then fully control all of pakistan

just goes to show, pakistan are full of wimps, even in their government.... they only speak back to the usa cuz they got china and russia on their side... but they cant even take control of their own areas

just goes to show, pakistan are full of wimps, even in their government.... they only speak back to the usa cuz they got china and russia on their side... but they cant even take control of their own areas

Not easy, when your own people against you. Its easy to invade other countries than your own backyard. The same problem India facing with the naxalites.

Bdw, coming from Australia, i don't expect you to understand such stuffs.

if pakistan was serious about fighting them... they have the ability, they have the strength.. the tribal areas compared to the country of pakistan are minute!! take it village by village, house by house, and then pakistan can not only kick their *****, but they can then fully control all of pakistan

If it was that much easy than US should have won the war withing few days

Not easy, when your own people against you. Its easy to invade other countries than your own backyard. The same problem India facing with the naxalites.

i see your point... but i know here if sumthin similar was happening, the police would come in and take control

australias history isnt as peaceful as you think

look up eureka stockade

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

If it was that much easy than US should have won the war withing few days

the usa pushed them all back quite quickly.. they then hid in tribal areas of pakistan, where pakistan wont do anything about them,. and wont let the usa take troops in either.. instead they allow a few drone strike, mostly having the be approved by pakistan first, so that pakistan can get their terrorist buddies to safe areas before allowing it

Yes blind targeting of your citizens, inside your country is always a bad idea.

You must go slowly and cautiously so as to have a zero collateral damage with elimination of terrorist only.

Back
Top Bottom