What's new

Three Idiots

I also want to thanks to H2O3C4Nitrogen to open this thread , because if he didn't then i am going to open this thread...

It is good to see bollywood are so much in demand acroos the border..

'3 Idiots' grosses Rs.93 crore in opening weekend- Entertainment-Media/Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

'3 Idiots' grosses Rs.93 crore in opening weekend

NEW DELHI: Once again Aamir Khan has hit the jackpot. His comedy-drama "3 Idiots" has scorched screens worldwide and raked in around Rs.93 crore
(Rs.930 million/$20 million) in its opening weekend.

Loosely based on Chetan Bhagat's bestseller "Five Point Someone", the film has been produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and directed by Rajkumar Hirani.

Its box office collection has beaten the initial earnings of another Aamir starrer "Ghajini", considered Hindi cinema's highest grosser till date, with 30 percent more earnings till Sunday night.

"Response has been overwhelming from all over the world. Aamir, Raju and I knew from the responses earlier on that people liked the film but this is something else... We have got reports from places like Australia that they have reduced 'Avatar' shows and increased ours,"(I told you it can beat any hollywood movie i this year) :woot:said Chopra in a statement.

"'3 Idiots' is the highest grossing Hindi film ever in Australia on its opening weekend. Similarly in the US, I have been given to understand that '3 Idiots' would be highest ever for a Hindi film," he added.

Reliance BIG Entertainment, which is the distributor of "3 Idiots", released the movie Friday with about 2,000 prints across 40 countries. Made at a budget of about Rs.35 crore, the film criticises the glaring anomalies in the Indian education system. :agree:

The paid previews of the movie also garnered over Rs.9 crore worldwide, above those of the paid preview collections of "Ghajini" that was Rs.7 crore globally.

It also stars R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Boman Irani and Kareena Kapoor in pivotal roles.

i thought this thread is about three idiot politicians.

I wont mind if people can suggest three idiot politicians of this century.

i thought this thread is about three idiot politicians.

I wont mind if people can suggest three idiot politicians of this century.

It will be a tough task, rather I wud say "Give me some sunshine....." and stay with the movie for some time

:rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
While a lot of credit for this Movie is going to Aamir Khan. We are forgetting that all of Rajkumar Hirani's film were equally good, this maybe more appealing to broad audience. SRK is no comaprision only does dance without any sense.

The Chamatkar/balatkar was one of the low of the movie. Otherwise first part good second below average. One thing is clear that they should have concluded it in colledge, the fake identity part was B class and ruined the gaiety of first half. A one time watch and not a great movie. RDB is movie of the decade by default. The Inglorious Bastards was better than 3 idiots.

Many people complaints about lack of good or new stories in bollywood but when any writer attempts to join then they always cheat him.

Like "Dilwale Dulhaniya le jayenge" was written by honey irani but credit in movie shows the name of aditya chopra now it's chetan bhagat get cheated by another chopra for "3 idiots".

I have read all the four novels of Chetan Bgahat
1.) Five point someone (3 idiots is based on it)
2.) One Night @ call centre (Salman khan's movie Hello)
3.) Three mistakes of my life (Farhan Akhtar is making a movie on it)
4.) Two states his latest book.

I have seen the movie 1st day 1st show and it is based on FPS and all the major scene in the movie are from that novel. But that greedy chopra & hirani wants to take away his genuine right.

Aamir without reading the novel is alleging chetan of publicity stunt.

Chetan is the biggest selling English writer in India as per New York Times and all of his novels are bestseller why he do something like this for publicity he is SRK of his arena.

If Aamir can become barber in Delhi and give hair cut in Delhi to promote his film Gajini then what's wrong if anybody other than him do something for publicity.

I think aamir is jealous of chetan because aamir always dream of becoming a intellectual and Chetan is a real intellectual.

Since, Chetan Bhagat has passed out of IIT-Delhi and IIM Ahamdabad India's best institutes respected world over. Then Chetan left is lucrative job in a MNC in Singapore for writting and raising cause of India specially youth.

Aamir get a life first read then talk. Don't be a villain u will loose many fans in this.

c7ac68d626a3f0f3ebaa635048dfa22f.jpg

A must watch movie, Aamir khan rockz...!! :fans:

If only we could post & share the happier songs with everyone here with the help & permission of the respected Admin pl.

Back
Top Bottom