What's new

Three countries condemn Philippine's murder of unarmed Taiwanese fisherman

where in my post did I say the Philippines had no importance? You're jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth, I simply pointed out that unlike some people here have suggested, Taiwan was the other considered major point of invasion before moving onto Japan; obviously both plans had their own pros and cons

your other points regarding the status of the OFWs are not relevant to my original post, so I will leave that to the others if they wish to debate those points with you

Really that's i understood your post but i simply reacted on your post and beside its history its not related to the topic at hand

it's actually an interesting point you bring up regarding the strategic importance of the Philippines vs Taiwan during WW2

Admirals King and Nimitz argued for an invasion for Taiwan (consisting of mainly Navy and Marines) while General MacArthur pushed for the invasion of the Philippines (consisting of mainly Army units); many would argue that the Philippines invasion was ultimately chosen more for political reasons, MacArthur's own ego and his personal promise to Filipino people rather than better overall strategical benefits and that it was a waste of time, resources and American lives to clear the entire Philippines of Japanese troops

And yet, we invaded the Philippines, and we sacrificed young American boys to retake the PHILIPPINE ISLANDS.

To reiterate my original point, it illustrates the American will to preserve the Philippines.

History cannot be evaded; Formosa, like Rabaul, was bypassed.

We called it the 'ISLAND HOPPING' Campaign. All unnecessary areas were simply bypassed.

We simply did not view Taiwan as a strategic value as compared to the Philippines. To this very day, we still feel the same. Taiwan , remains, is of inferior value to us as compared to the Philippines.

Don't worry, Jieng Jieshi did retake Formosa by the end of the war; after the USN practically liquidated the entire NIHON KAIGUN.

:azn:

Before we invaded the Philippines in the Invasion of Leyte , the United States Navy broke what was left of the NIHON KAIGUN during the great naval battle of Leyte Gulf. After the battle, the Imperial Japanese Navy (NIHON KAIGUN) no longer posed a threat to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The Third Largest Navy in the world at the time (the IJN) was buried in the sea.

Once the USN 7th & 5th Fleet liquidated the NIHON KAIGUN, we then invaded the Philippine Islands. Starting in Leyte.

Learn your history. So you will realize who the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA values the most.

The dark side of Philippines and usa:

Philippine-American War (Filipino history) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Fil-American_War_Feb_04,1899.jpg

filamwar.jpg

300px-Filipino_casualties_on_the_first_day_of_war.jpg

images

2809162355_bf975a7edc.jpg

filamwar-battleofbudbagsakmoror.jpg

Philippines Orders U.S. to Leave Strategic Navy Base at Subic Bay

Enrile: $30M US aid for PHL defense an insult

American soldier jailed for rape in Philippines

another-filipina-cries-rape-against-another-us-soldier

us-troops-gang-rape-filipina-woman-in.html

Benguet Lass, Friend, Victims of Rape by Army Officer, Fail to Join Graduation Rites

And yet, we invaded the Philippines, and we sacrificed young American boys to retake the PHILIPPINE ISLANDS.

To reiterate my original point, it illustrates the American will to preserve the Philippines.

History cannot be evaded; Formosa, like Rabaul, was bypassed.

We called it the 'ISLAND HOPPING' Campaign. All unnecessary areas were simply bypassed.

We simply did not view Taiwan as a strategic value as compared to the Philippines. To this very day, we still feel the same. Taiwan , remains, is of inferior value to us as compared to the Philippines.

Don't worry, Jieng Jieshi did retake Formosa by the end of the war; after the USN practically liquidated the entire NIHON KAIGUN.

:azn:

If Taiwan is not important, why did you send 2 CBGS in 96? Why keep selling them weapons? Why sign a deal support Taiwan self defence? Train Taiwanese pilots?

we have a lot of spine you dont

So to prove one has courage you have to bully nations weaker than you? man your so funny:rofl: And do you know anything about the war? the battles, the people etc sige nga (ok then) tell me about it?
You know its funny we kick your sorry @$$es before and your calling us cowards? Well i don't blame that much its really embarrassing how a whole chinese division lose to a bunch of quartermaster and jeep drivers well it just proves that you should not belittle people but your case its just you can't come down your high horse

So to prove one has courage you have to bully nations weaker than you? man your so funny:rofl: And do you know anything about the war? the battles, the people etc sige nga (ok then) tell me about it?
You know its funny we kick your sorry @$$es before and your calling us cowards? Well i don't blame that much its really embarrassing how a whole chinese division lose to a bunch of quartermaster and jeep drivers well it just proves that you should not belittle people but your case its just you can't come down your high horse

old habit returns
comment ignored

solly!

old habit returns
comment ignored

solly!

Wala ka masagot kasi na pahiya ka gago! If you don't know anything maybe you should not be saying anything at all your just embarrassing yourself and your fellow imperials

Yup! Philippine is an important US ally but no Visa exclusion while ROC visitor has that privilege. :lol:

Please don't be so delusion... Suddenly Pinoy are trying to talk up to be the number one dog for US? You Pinoy must be proud of that dog tag on your neck? :lol:

Yup! Philippine is an important US ally but no Visa exclusion while ROC visitor has that privilege. :lol:

Please don't be so delusion... Suddenly Pinoy are trying to talk up to be the number one dog for US? You Pinoy must be proud of that dog tag on your neck? :lol:

Wow your name really suits you that's all i could say :rofl:

Militarily, Taiwan is worth 324 Philippines

The Philippines is a political asset for the United States to influence ASEAN. Aside from its political value, the Philippines has practically no military value.

There is no point in placing U.S. airplanes at Subic Bay. A single megaton Chinese EMP will render all of those American planes useless.

In contrast, Taiwan has an important air force base hidden inside a mountain on its eastern coast. Furthermore, Taiwan has its own fleet of 324 fourth-generation fighters. The Philippines has ZERO fourth-generation fighters and ZERO experience in operating, maintaining, and repairing the equipment. Basically, the Philippines lack the technical skills and infrastructure to operate and maintain a fourth-generation fighter.

Finally, many of you are missing the point. The list of countries condemning the Philippines will only grow. You only have to look at the growing list of nine U.S. congressmen supporting Taiwan against the Philippines to see the political trend.

Militarily, Taiwan is worth 324 Philippines

The Philippines is a political asset for the United States to influence ASEAN. Aside from its political value, the Philippines has practically no military value.

There is no point in placing U.S. airplanes at Subic Bay. A single megaton Chinese EMP will render all of those American planes useless.

In contrast, Taiwan has an important air force base hidden inside a mountain on its eastern coast. Furthermore, Taiwan has its own fleet of 324 fourth-generation fighters. The Philippines has ZERO fourth-generation fighters and ZERO experience in operating, maintaining, and repairing the equipment. Basically, the Philippines lack the technical skills and infrastructure to operate and maintain a fourth-generation fighter.

Finally, many of you are missing the point. The list of countries condemning the Philippines will only grow. You only have to look at the growing list of nine U.S. congressmen supporting Taiwan against the Philippines to see the political trend.

Well let them oh wait its in your heads Let me break it to you why one most of the sources that you use are for the most part Taiwan or mainland so its bias from the beegining in those sources no one even bother to ask the Philippines the Nations who you say condemn the Philippines are all under Taiwan pay roll nope i mean help and assistance sorry (not) so naturally they would sign with Taiwan. two Taiwan is not a singer to UNCLOS we are and Taiwan is one island the Philippines is Archipelago meaning country made out of islands so meaning we have a lot of waters to cover in simpler terms we have first rights to EZZ's because we are a country of islands and Taiwan is Just an island but in this case its far different one its near a Philippine Province Batanes Group of Islands which is one province so the waters are still Philippines let face it you people are just using this because you know and everybody does that philippines can't not defend itself effectively as of now it has nothing to do with justice you just want more waters to fish to legal steal more recourse but so far it didn't work in fact we hold more higher ground on this, Its funny that MAtopac is just using this to be popular to the public its obvious he did not think this through.

Back
Top Bottom