What's new

This why China needs a strong navy :

we're not going to have any more wars. no piece of territory is worth a nuclear blackout.

To block or not is not the main point.

The main point is capability of blocking - which can also act as a deterrent.

The problem is India can't block. The Chinese'll just fight you guys from either Yemen, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Banglandesh, Thailand or Indonesia. If the US is backing India, then either Iran, Myanmar or Cambodia would work.

Last edited:
The problem is India can't block. The Chinese'll just fight you guys from either Yemen, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Banglandesh, Thailand or Indonesia. If the US is backing India, then either Iran, Myanmar or Cambodia would work.

Except for Pakistan in the list, no other country would fight with India for the sake of China. They all know well, making enemy of India, which is their closest neighbor is not a good move. They will play 'China or India' card to get some loans and aids, that is the extent of their relationship. In case of war, none of those countries could afford to make enemies of either of the states. If they do, it'll only result in their peril.

Last edited:
Except for Pakistan in the list, no other country would fight with India for the sake of China. They all know well, making enemy of India, which is their closest neighbor is not a good move. They will play 'China or India' card to get some loans and aids, that is the extent of their relationship. In case of war, none of those countries could afford to make enemies of either of the states. If they do, it'll be only result in their peril.

Are you actually threatening other countries on India's behalf?

No CardSharp. I am just pointing the obvious. Those countries are so small, they would be better served, if they don't get involved in a war between India and China, that too when West is supporting India (assuming they would support India). Because, they can easily be destroyed in the process. Also, India and the West are the chief markets for all those countries, as trade with China has great imbalance, which is not uncommon for most countries.

I also said in my previous post, they couldn't make enemy of either countries, so I was not talking of India specifically.

Last edited:

and who told you the other countries will support you in case of war against India and allow you to use their territories.
Tell me which other couuntry except for Pak in the whole world, has any serious problem with India for which they will want to have a war with us ..???
its only Pak which might help you and no one else. you are wrong there.

Last edited:

Firstly no one except Pak will support China.
Secondly if any other country does allow you to use its territory to wage war against India, that is declaration of war from that country against India, and India will attack back in self defence. I think that is obvious.

Last edited:
It's only natural. If 1 country has a massive build up, neighboring countries will too, otherwise they will be vulnerable.

I found that India's string of pearls article very very interesting but to take shape will take atleast a decade or more.

You can find hundred of reason to build your navy....Simple is CHina is growing and wants to counter US, so it has to build its navy...no choice..

its not its Navy build up as much which is cause of worry.. India also building up without any concern from anywhere...

Its more likely the aggressive Chinese policy towards many of its small neighbours and its territorial claims that makes them feel the concern in case Chinese Navy gets strong...

"aggressive policy" ??? LOL

Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh etc etc can say the same thing about Indian aggressive policy.

Looks like he is ! LOL

It's only natural. If 1 country has a massive build up, neighboring countries will too, otherwise they will be vulnerable.

So I guess the whole world is vulnerable except for Europe and North America because their military have been build up MASSIVELY.

I found that India's string of pearls article very very interesting but to take shape will take atleast a decade or more.

Did you say thanks to the poster (me) for posting the "India's string of Pearl" article ? LOL

The simple truth is, a country will never gain any trust from its neighbors by not building a strong military. They will assume you're peaceful not because you don't want to use force but rather it's because you don't have force to use.

Only by building a strong military while showing restrains in employing it one can gain neighbors trust. So I'll be a contrarian here and calling the recent Chinese naval modernization efforts a long-term trust-building measure.

Of course there's still the task of showing restrain, which is far more difficult than building a navy, especially when one lives in a neighborhood as rough as China's.

Firstly no one except Pak will support China.
Secondly if any other country does allow you to use its territory to wage war against India, that is declaration of war from that country against India, and India will attack back in self defence. I think that is obvious.

Do you think any country in the world will allow India to use their territory to attack China ? NONE !!!

Sri Lankans are fed up with the Indians (Tamils) trying to split their Island into two pieces and will allow China to use their land to counter Indian aggression.

I know China is a strong force, but I doubt they will actually ever be compared with even EU. An army of Germany can contain China...

whatever china is doing down there, shes doing for her own good.
so pakistan must leech as much benifit as he can.

who knows china allies itself with india tomorow?
if its good for chinese trade that is.

foreign policy of pakistan is and has always been completely fucked because its run by ignorant foolish establishment and impudent politicians who dont know ****.

You're right, it's a powerful deterrent.

I don't think it will ever come to that point though, since neither China or India will gain anything from fighting a war against each other. Especially when you factor in the risk to the global economy, and the fact that both sides have nuclear weapons.

in your previous post u said exactly the opposite :what: but then u corrected it back so :toast_sign:

Back
Top Bottom