Pakistan
This Pakistani is en route to Karachi from Khunjerab Pass on foot
By Ibriz Sheikh
Published: October 4, 2016
4SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1192636-img-1475573241.jpg

PHOTO: PAKISTAN ON FOOT

Naveed Khan is a man on a mission — a mission to make Pakistan look great again. Khan, who now runs PakistanOnFoot, has embarked on what can only be termed an epic journey of three months from Khunjerab Pass to Karachi – on foot.

Funds raised from the walk are all set to go to a good cause – a project that would enable underpriviledged and remote communities to fend for themselves during times of natural disasters.

img-3.jpg

After a round of selfies with military officers at the Pakistan-China border, Khan mustered the courage and took the first step in his incredible 2,300 kilometre journey to Karachi.

We follow Khan’s 2,300 kilometre three-month journey from Khunjerab Pass to Karachi coast.

Day 1

“We finally made it to the Khunjerab Pakistan border, 45 minutes later than expected,” Khan told The Express Tribune on the first day of the mammoth journey.

img-4.jpg

This Pakistani plans to walk from Khunjerab pass to Karachi in 90 days

With fingers almost frozen numb, breaking the campsite down was a tiring task for Khan. “I think the nervousness of this three-month long trek across Pakistan has finally kicked in,” he said.

img-1.jpg

img-6.jpg

“Just parts of my body were warm but the rest, very awkward parts of my body were frozen. My elbows, the top of my bald head and the lower parts of my back.”

img-5.jpg

Read more: Hunza , Karachi , Khunjerab Pass

We Pakistanis don't even realize, but we have so much to discover in our own country. A melting pot of different ethnic groups and cultures. Pakistanis need to seriously start exploring their own country. Not to mention its dazzling natural beauty. Pakistan is amazing. I have seen blue eyed foreigners get lost in Pakistan. Men and women alike.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom