What's new

This Is Why I Love My Pakistan.

Nihari, Biryani, korma and many many more were all royal foods of UP's nawabs, they did not exist before in either Sindh or Punjab. Although Pushtuns are regular meat eaters.
In 1700s westren U.P was mostly ruled, influenced and settled by Afghans ( rohilla chieftancies and bangash) while awdah was ruled by persian (safdar jang, siraj-daula)....the meat aspect of U.P food clearly comes from Afghans and central asians.

In 1700s westren U.P was mostly ruled, influenced and settled by Afghans ( rohilla chieftancies and bangash) while awdah was ruled by persian (safdar jang, siraj-daula)....the meat aspect of U.P food clearly comes from Afghans and central asians.

Yeah you are probably right mate.

They were mainly Persian influenced , the original Biryani got extinct in Iran while it modified and mastered in Awadh and Hyderabad later became worldwide as Indian dishes.

:tup: :enjoy:
Doston - How many are having 'Muslim food' this weekend?

I eat Chicken Biryani almost every alternate day because its one of the cheapest lunch. :-):(

Last edited:
Don't know which tribes to hills belong to but bNgash from mainly from Pakistan.

Don't know which tribes to hills belong to but bNgash from mainly from Pakistan.
Bangash are from hangu and kurram.
In 1700s bangash tribesmen founded their own state in U.P with farrukhabad as their capital under Muhammad Khan bangash . They were enemies of Rohilla afghans and allied themselves with shia rulers of awadh due to common sect. Sizable bangash population is still found in farrukhabad and surroundings.
read this

Bangash attacks rohillas
The Cambridge History of India - Edward James Rap;son, Sir Wolseley Haig, Sir Richard Burn, V. D. Mahajan, Henry Dodwell - Google Books
The Rise of the Indo-Afghan Empire: C. 1710-1780 - Jos J. L. Gommans - Google Books

Guys and gals, this isn't a discussion thread. Please, refrain from it.

996130_10152166531486712_175313061739962610_n.jpg

10394134_10152166531466712_2871630399767013161_n.jpg

Not sure if its the right thread but here is something from my collection, taken in june on trip to Babusar Top--- i will try to upload more later tonight....
P.s, dude in the pic is myself
pXLnjmE.jpg

Not sure if its the right thread but here is something from my collection, taken in june on trip to Babusar Top--- i will try to upload more later tonight....
P.s, dude in the pic is myself
pXLnjmE.jpg
I was also there in June.

I was also there in June.
We visted towards the end of June, the view from babusar was simply exotic, nowords are enough --- that sun shining through the patch clouds and then you look at the never ending range og glacier --- simply amazing ---

We visted towards the end of June, the view from babusar was simply exotic, nowords are enough --- that sun shining through the patch clouds and then you look at the never ending range og glacier --- simply amazing ---
The view of the mountains from that bridge at the end of naran bazar is my favorite. :D

Did do saw that bungalow next to PTDC ??? We camped right next to it and the view from there was simply gorgeous. BTW did you vist the ansoo lake ???

Back
Top Bottom