What's new

This Is The Story Of The Only Indian Army Soldier In War History Who Alone Destroyed 8 Pakistani Tan

That and the Patton's ability to catch fire on even the slightest ding that goes through the armour.
I did not know that, that would make an interesting read.
Just the fact that a jeep mounted gun would dual with a tank, any tank baffles me. I saw a 106 mm rifle mount kit on a hummer the other day on YouTube, not sure if it ever was deployed.

I did not know that, that would make an interesting read.
Just the fact that a jeep mounted gun would dual with a tank, any tank baffles me. I saw a 106 mm rifle mount kit on a hummer the other day on YouTube, not sure if it ever was deployed.

mobility, terrain advantage, defensive fortifications, intelligence cache all play a role and sometimes result in black swan events.

Only Pakistan soldiers are brave and can lay their life for their nation be it 65,71,kargil war or operation zarb e azab. Rest all is propaganda.Their gallantry award like nishan e Hauser holds weight whereas we give paramour chakra to anyone.

Abdul Hamid inspires youth to join Army

DULLAHAPUR (GHAZIPUR): The act of destroying single-handedly more than half-a-dozen Patton tanks in the 1965 India-Pakistan War at the battlefield of Asal Uttar by Company Quarter Master Havaldar Abdul Hamid, who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra (posthumously), not only inspired his descendants to don the olive green uniform, it continues to make youth in UP's Ghazipur aspire for a career in defence.

Two of the four sons of Abdul Hamid joined the Army and one of them even got to be in his father's regiment and battalion-4 Grenadiers. One of Hamid's grandsons Shiraz is preparing for the entrance exam for admission to National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla and along with his friends indulges in a number of exercises to keep physically and medically fit.

Sharing his dreams of being a part of the defence fraternity, Shiraz said, "I have been hearing heroic exploits of my grandfather's role in the 1965 Indo-Pak war and want to emulate him." Class XI student Shiraz, apart from focusing on academics, sharpens his reasoning, logical abilities and general awareness for the exams.

Excitement to join the Army was evident in nephew of Shiraz 5-year-old Jaiz Alam, who pointed at the portrait of Abdul Hamid in their drawing room and said, "I want to wield the gun like him."

Ticket booking clerk at Varanasi railway station, Hamid's youngest son Junaid Alam said, "I tried to join the Army, but was told there was no vacancy, so I joined the postal department in late 1980s, and subsequently the Railways in 1998."

Of the four sons of Abdul Hamid, two joined the Army, including Zainul Hasan (EME) and Talat Mehmood (4 Grenadiers). "My eldest brother (Zainul Hasan) retired a few years back, while Talat's stint with the Army was short," said Junaid, adding that Ali Hasan (immediately elder to him) is working in one of the ordnance factories. Family members of the Asal Uttar martyr were also of the view that if Army established a recruitment centre in Dhamupur, it will motivate more youngsters to join the Army.

'I first read about father-in-law in textbooks'

If Abdul Hamid had inspired hundreds of youngsters to join the Army after his heroic exploits in the 1965 Indo-Pak war, he had also earned significant respect from many like the girl who married Hamid's youngest son Junaid.

Zarina Bano had the tales of Hamid's bravado in her school textbooks and had taken a liking and respect for the man who effectively nullified Pakistan's nefarious designs of capturing Delhi in the 1965 war.

"It was in the school textbooks that I first read about my father-in-law. When I came to know that I am going to be daughter-in-law of Abdul Hamid, I was overwhelmed," said Zarina. She added she treasures the unique relationship which she shares with the son of the soil and his family members.

Daily doze of propaganda.
indiansoldier.png

Why are our Pakistani friends getting so pissed off? After all they never hesitate to put out their own ISPR propaganda videos too of supermen killing scores of Yindoos and dozens of tanks and aircraft singlehandedly!

But hey, Abdul Hamid's is a true story for which he was awarded the Param Vir Chakra, the nations highest gallantry award. Trashing it as propaganda doesn't alter facts!

That and the Patton's ability to catch fire on even the slightest ding that goes through the armour.
forget to mentioned 1+inch thick armour , which is consider impenetrable in the world.

also forget to mentioned that, Indian DRDO made special ammunition for recoilless Gun for US tank.

One of his victim - destroyed Patton has been placed in Regimental center Jabalpur along with his RCL Jeep

11947855_1142665495761319_3728954325160416079_o.jpg

Bogged down pattons - while their Turret facing the side where the fire came from with in the sugarcane field.

6513l.jpg

However not all Paatons were destroyed, some were captured intact with Engine Running and Radio Sets On

pttn.jpg

While most of the Tanks destroyed including rare APC M 113 - on which US Army was written :-)

NOaDlmG.jpg

Oh and one more thing his village is not very far from the ancestral village of Ex Pak COAS - Mirza Aslam Beg and Brigadier Usman of 50 th Independent Para Brigade. Lion of Nowshera.

Well then the Indian armored division didn't live upto his honor. Pakistanis decimated Indian armored division in 65s war

forget to mentioned 1+inch thick armour , which is consider impenetrable in the world.

also forget to mentioned that, Indian DRDO made special ammunition for recoilless Gun for US tank.
What are you talking about?

50NaushadMohammed.jpg.image.975.568.jpg

On the morning of September 10, 1965, Gen J.N. Chaudhuri was fuming in the war room of the Western Command headquarters in Ambala, Haryana. He wanted to replace the 4 Mountain Division, which was battling a major attack by the 1 Armoured Division—the ‘pride of Pakistan’. But Western Army commander Lt Gen Harbaksh Singh disagreed; he also opposed his chief's plan to fall back further to the Beas river to counter the rampaging Pakistanis. After a heated argument, Chaudhuri relented and flew back to Delhi.

The legendary battle of Asal Uttar started on September 8 when the 1 Armoured Division, with some 200 Patton tanks, invaded Punjab and captured the border town of Khemkaran. The Pakistanis had kept these American tanks hidden in a newly raised jungle in Kasur, Pakistan, near the Punjab border. They planned to capture Indian territory up to the Beas river. But a 12-hour delay gave Indian field commanders ample time to foil the Pakistani plan. The Indians flooded the sugarcane fields with water and took position behind the plants.

The initial pounding of the Pattons began with the attack of Pakistan's 4 Armoured Brigade on the Indian positions in Mahmudpura and Dibbipura in Tarn Taran district, guarded by the 3 Cavalry and the 4 Grenadiers. Thanks to the flooded fields, the Pakistani tanks were trapped in Mahmudpura and became sitting ducks for the Indian tanks and recoilless guns.

It was in one such field that Abdul Hamid of 4 Grenadiers, who was awarded the Param Veer Chakra for busting three Pakistani Patton tanks, his driver Mohammed Naseem and two others had taken position in a RCL jeep around 2.30am on September 9. “We had heard several stories that the Pakistani Patton tanks were bigger than houses and were very deadly, but Hamid saab [who was in-charge and firing the gun] was dismissive about such stories. As soon as we saw the first tank, we came out of hiding and even before the Pakistani could blink, we had taken out a Patton,” Naseem recalls.

By the time the Pakistanis retaliated, it had lost two Pattons. “I had gone to fetch water in my kettle when I saw a tank near me firing shots at our battalion headquarters area,” says Naseem, 70. “As I was looking at it, I was hit by a man, whom I recognised as a Pakistani. I knocked him down with my kettle and ran towards my jeep and informed Hamid saab. As soon as I reached there, I took my seat and drove as fast as I could towards the lone Patton tank standing there. Hamid sprang like a tiger, and in no time we had our third kill of the day through accurate firing.” Hamid, however, died in the battle on September 10.

The same day, the 3 Cavalry, led by Lt Col Salim Caleb, destroyed several Pattons in various encounters. Another Indian tank regiment, 9 Horse, under Lt Col A.S. Vaidya who later became the Army chief, inflicted several casualties on the Pakistani Pattons when they tried to invade through the Asal Uttar axis.

The Indian infantry, too, played an important role in destroying the Pattons. “During the war, we allowed tanks to pass over our narrow trenches, dug to tackle Pakistani infantry soldiers, and [we] then destroyed Pakistani tanks using our rocket launchers,” recalls Grenadier Naushad Mohammed Khan.

Naushad, 71, of 4 Grenadiers is credited with killing a Pakistani artillery brigadier. He and his team had taken position in the cotton crop fields when he saw a Pakistani jeep, carrying Major General Nasir Ahmed Khan, chief of the 1 Armoured Division, along with a brigadier, coming towards the tanks. “The brigadier was driving and the driver was in the rear seat, and I sensed an opportunity,” says Naushad. “I opened fire at the jeep with my light machine gun. I kept firing and emptied two magazines on the Pakistani brigadier and when I stopped, I saw that his head had fallen off. The major general somehow managed to escape.”

The casualties forced the Pakistani tank regiments to retreat to their positions in Kasur whereas its 4 Cavalry unit started surrendering before the Indian Army.

At the end of the battle that day, Pakistan lost 97 of its tanks, 72 of which were Pattons; India lost only 12 tanks. Thus, India, with its valour and tactful strategy, gave Pakistan an asal uttar [befitting reply] in one of the biggest tank battles ever fought in the sub-continent.

What are you talking about?
Tanks armour was thickest one in that time, consider to be best in world.

My Dear @Oscar, I was trying to say..... the Patton tank has Upper Glacis: 110 mm (4.3 in) at 60° = 220 mm (8.7 in) LoS Turret Front: 178 mm (7.0 in) at 0.

The armour is soo thick that it consider un-destroyable tank. yet it was destroyed by Recoilless guns why?

Tanks armour was thickest one in that time, consider to be best in world.

My Dear @Oscar, I was trying to say..... the Patton tank has Upper Glacis: 110 mm (4.3 in) at 60° = 220 mm (8.7 in) LoS Turret Front: 178 mm (7.0 in) at 0.

The armour is soo thick that it consider un-destroyable tank. yet it was destroyed by Recoilless guns why?
Did you research which model of Patton did Pakistan have? There was the M-47 and M-48. You are quoting the M-48. Additionally, the M-47 was also found to be fairly vulnerable to ballistics projectiles in various weak points.

Did you research which model of Patton did Pakistan have? There was the M-47 and M-48. You are quoting the M-48. Additionally, the M-47 was also found to be fairly vulnerable to ballistics projectiles in various weak points.
PAK used both M-47 and M48 , Moreover ever tank has weak point, Todays Tanks weak point is Turret Top. but the front armour of those Tanks was best of that time.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom