What's new

"This is the Chinese navy... You go!" China warns US spy plane flying over South China Sea

Exactly. The PLA naval command overseeing SCS acted in a very professional manner and according to standard protocol.

Plus, China already expects harassment from some countries, especially the U.S., but unless they pose an actual threat there is no need to do further than verbal warnings. It's all about restraint.

True. Back when I served in the JMSDF in the mid 2000s, it was common for our ship to hail any Chinese warship, or vice versa. Tho , to be honest, whenever we made contact with PLAN warships, they are very receptive to our requests. I think it reflects the overall respect they have for us, and vice versa.

The same for Taiwanese warships, they are very compliant, and I believe Japanese warships show the same decorum.

The ones that we always have problems with are the North Koreans. To be honest. They are the least civilized in engaging with us, and when hailed, they have the audacity to respond not in English, but in Korean. lol.

I have some good experiences dealing with them. heh.

Exactly. The PLA naval command overseeing SCS acted in a very professional manner and according to standard protocol.

Plus, China already expects harassment from some countries, especially the U.S., but unless they pose an actual threat there is no need to do further than verbal warnings. It's all about restraint.

btw, this is the ship that I served in, the JS Chokai,

US_Navy_021210-N-5781F-003_Japan_Maritime_Self_Defense_Force_%28JMSDF%29_ship,_JDS_Chokai_%28DDF_176%29,_steams_along_side_Kitty_Hawk_for_a_replenishment_at_sea_%28RAS%29.jpg

True. Back when I served in the JMSDF in the mid 2000s, it was common for our ship to hail any Chinese warship, or vice versa. Tho , to be honest, whenever we made contact with PLAN warships, they are very receptive to our requests. I think it reflects the overall respect they have for us, and vice versa.

The same for Taiwanese warships, they are very compliant, and I believe Japanese warships show the same decorum.

The ones that we always have problems with are the North Koreans. To be honest. They are the least civilized in engaging with us, and when hailed, they have the audacity to respond not in English, but in Korean. lol.

I have some good experiences dealing with them. heh.

btw, this is the ship that I served in, the JS Chokai,

US_Navy_021210-N-5781F-003_Japan_Maritime_Self_Defense_Force_%28JMSDF%29_ship,_JDS_Chokai_%28DDF_176%29,_steams_along_side_Kitty_Hawk_for_a_replenishment_at_sea_%28RAS%29.jpg

I'm not all that surprised at the North Korean part lol but can you really blame them, they feel completely isolated and because of U.S. sanctions and propaganda most countries look at them like they are some kind of enemy despite North Korea having absolutely zero beef with 99% of countries in the world.

But like I had mentioned before, China have no intentions to halt 'freedom of navigation' for any malicious reasons, nor does it intend to make Itself the only country who is allowed to sail ships in and around the SCS -- although this is what the United States is peddling to everyone through their corporate controlled mass media. But it doesn't change anything. China will finish building the islands despite the harassment and despite the propaganda campaign and then after a few months it will become the new normal.

ps
Cool ship man, is that a destroyer? what fleet does it belong to?

No. I was just stating that this practice (Using planes to intercept foreign planes at border) is so common that even allies do it to each other.
so, please don't pretend you don't care. be honest

so, please don't pretend you don't care. be honest
A single unarmed bomber flying by the Florida or California coast poses absolutely no threat to the integrity of the United States of America. They do it mainly to test our reaction times. So yes, when I say I don't really care, I'm being honest.

A single unarmed bomber flying by the Florida or California coast poses absolutely no threat to the integrity of the United States of America. They do it mainly to test our reaction times. So yes, when I say I don't really care, I'm being honest.
Neither did we really, other than the message, what else did we do. Last time we sent a surveillance ship, you guys also raised the issue with us. Your flybys that came no where near the islands(12 miles), also pose no threat to our islands. If your stance is indifference, then we have done the exact same thing, our stance is also one of indifference.

"All eight such warnings were rebuffed, with the American pilots responding that they were flying through international airspace."

^^all that really needs to be said.

I agree, sometimes, western reporting is way too long, just say China is building islands, warnings were fired by the Americans and the Chinese government responding that we are building in our own sovereign territory.

china dont have any sovereignty over SCS.

You are right we don't the 9 dash line is not a final line, what will ultimately become the Chinese claim is each islands' 12 and 200, which would not include all in the 9 dash line, just most of it.

What's wrong with our American friends? they need to learn how to respect sovereignty of another country.
Difference of perception. As far as China is concerned, it regards the South China Sea as its territorial waters. For the rest of the world it is international waters and international air space over which the P-8A was flying.

It will be interesting to see if the Chinese have the balls to bring down a P-8A next time. :rolleyes1: Or is it just a lot of hot air emanating from them? I think it's the latter. The US should call the Chinese bluff.

For the rest of the world it is international waters and international air space over which the P-8A was flying.

It is unequivocally international, even overflights of the islands would be international space since:

UNCLOS and Agreement on Part XI

Article 11 of UNCLOS - which China is a signatory to states that:

"For the purpose of delimiting the territorial sea, the outermost permanent harbour works which form an integral part of the harbour system are regarded as forming part of the coast. Off-shore installations and artificial islands shall not be considered as permanent harbour works." (emphasis added).

Therefore the US is making no claim to innocent passage. It is claiming, quite clearly and emphatically, that the waters around artificial islands generate no territorial claims and are international waters with freedom of navigation for all entities.

if that's not enough

Article 13 states that:

"A low-tide elevation is a naturally formed area of land which is surrounded by and above water at low tide but submerged at high tide. Where a low-tide elevation is wholly situated at a distance exceeding the breadth of the territorial sea from the mainland or an island, it has no territorial sea of its own."

The reefs that were previously completely submerged during high tide that China built up are therefore considered artificial islands and do not generate a territorial sea.

"All eight such warnings were rebuffed, with the American pilots responding that they were flying through international airspace."

^^all that really needs to be said.

The above is why the US doesn't respect China's "sovereignty."

The chinese imperials can suck it they now themselves just say we are threat to all its funny how this works

The chinese imperials can suck it they now themselves just say we are threat to all its funny how this works

Buddy why do you hate us Chinese so bad? We did not invade / imperialize / brainwash the Philippines or do any harm to you throughout its entire existence, that would be the American/Spanish and more recently the Japanese LOL

Btw, are you a woman? No im not hitting on you, it's just in all your post i've come across here on this forum you seem very emotionally hurt and incoherent in thought. Like a very naive and frustrated child--or a woman.

You are right we don't the 9 dash line is not a final line, what will ultimately become the Chinese claim is each islands' 12 and 200, which would not include all in the 9 dash line, just most of it.
Basically 9 dash line is completely BS. It shows Chinese expansionist mindset. It shows Chinese are stuck with their imperial legacy. It shows Chinese are not ready to share SCS with other small nations who have equal sovereignty over SCS. Building artificial islands in disputed waters is example of modern colonial thinking.

Basically 9 dash line is completely BS. It shows Chinese expansionist mindset. It shows Chinese are stuck with their imperial legacy. It shows Chinese are not ready to share SCS with other small nations who have equal sovereignty over SCS. Building artificial islands in disputed waters is example of modern colonial thinking.

No fool. It shows Chinese perseverance of defending what is our territorial sovereignty and integrity. We may be expansionist if we claim that the Indian ocean or somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic ocean is Chinese territorial waters and starts building islands there. But we're not.

Buddy why do you hate us Chinese so bad? We did not invade / imperialize / brainwash the Philippines or do any harm to you throughout its entire existence, that would be the American/Spanish and more recently the Japanese LOL

Btw, are you a woman? No im not hitting on you, it's just in all your post i've come across here on this forum you seem very emotionally hurt and incoherent in thought. Like a very naive and frustrated child--or a woman.

One your threat to fish supply which majority of the filipinos eat second your claiming a whole sea think logically if your capable of doing so who in gods name can anyone fish and pass through the sea if you imperials have jurisdiction of the area? what no trade for everyone else? so stupid lastly you imperialist disrespects international law and procedures and the sovereign rights of other countries heck you can prove your claims in the international forum so this your only pre course insults in the net and name calling as bad as your illogical claims

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom