Third World Solidarity to honour Major Langlands, hold press conference

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1389213639-9664.jpg

LAHORE: The prestigious Third World Solidarity (TWS) foundation on Wednesday, held a press conference in Lahore at a local restaurant, to introduce and bring forth scholar, writer, visionary and human rights advocate Geoffrey Douglas Langlands to the media and the rest and also to announce his official honouring at the TWS annual dinner to be held in April this year.
Major Langlands will honoured for his 77 years of services for humanity including 66 years to the people of Pakistan in education. Speaking at the event, which was organised and arranged by TWS, 95-year-old Major Langlands while addressing the media said, “I’ve been teaching since 1936. I feel privileged to have been there when Pakistan came into existence and then to serve the country as a teacher and coach. My father died when I was still very young and to have picked myself up and make a name for myself, I believe was the highlight of my life.”
Major Langlands has taught many established and leading figures of Pakistan, including Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan, entrepreneur and TV producer Yousaf Salahuddin, Kamran Lashari and many more. TWS Chairman Mushtaq Lasharie lauded Major Langlands’ strength and introduced bureaucrat Kamran Lashari who also spoke a few words praising Major Langlands. “I’ve personally met a few of Major Langlands’ students who are accomplished gentlemen and women in their respective fields. Major Langlands seem to have invested a lot of himself in his students. I’ve often heard him say that one shouldn’t be bothered by struggle but should await the fruits it brings with it. It’s important to value people like these who are epitomes of knowledge and education, and we’re very glad to be able to do this to the glorious life Major Langlands have lived. To have invested a major chunk of his life to Pakistan and its people, being a British, is highly commendable. We want to celebrate Major Langlands’ life and pay a rich tribute to him, thus honouring him in a way he rightfully deserves. I request all the media to portray Major Langlands positively and affectively to the rest of the world, as we forever will be indebted to the services he rendered to our countrymen. It’s about time he is brought into the limelight with added appeal and thankfulness. To have lost his parents while young and not just support himself only but make a name for himself too and that also in such a noble way is highly commendable and deserves to be honoured.”
Chen One CEO Mian Kashif Ashfaq reiterated Lashari’s statement and declared his full and thorough support in honouring Major Langlands. “It’s an utter delight to be here and share the same space as Major Langlands. Pakistan is undoubtedly indebted to his services. The time, money, knowledge and wisdom invested by him can in no way be returned. However, what little we can do is to honour his life and services to our country with full throttle and fervour. To see all the media persons present here today, makes my heart swell with pride to have you all turn out in big numbers to support Major Langlands,” Mian Kashif Ashfaq said. MPA Yousaf Kasalia who was also present at the auspicious occasion, said a few words supporting Major Langlands and his subsequent honouring as well. He did mention that Major Langlands had a twin brother as well, who was posted abroad and in good health.
Present at the occasion were prominent media persons from various channels and newspapers, bureaucrats, scholars and reputed writers, all in awe and admiration of the person who says his “heart is in Pakistan”. The media and PR of the event was handled by creative team behind J&S.
The TWS Annual Dinner will have singing legend Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan performing live and will experience the attendance of the top-notch bureaucrats, scholars, journalists and leading dignitaries.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom