What's new

Third phase elections: Voting ends peacefully in Jammu & Kashmir

-_-

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
J-K_Voting_big_25.jpg

A senior Election Commission official in Srinagar said, that voting ended without any major incident of violence at all the 1,781 polling stations in the 16 constituencies of Baramulla, Badgam and Pulwama districts in the Kashmir Valley.

As many as 138 candidates, including Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, senior ministers Abdul Rahim Rather, Ghulam Hassan Mir and Taj Mohiuddin, are in the fray on Tuesday. Tight security arrangements were made in the aftermath of December 5 terror attacks in the valley, in which 21 people were killed.

Braving terror threats, separatists' poll boycott call and winter chill, voters came out in large numbers to exercise their franchise at almost all polling stations. Only in the traditional strongholds of the separatists like Sopore in Baramulla and Tral in Pulwama was the polling low.

J&K Polls: 43.64% polling recorded till 2 pm

Source:-->Jagran

till 3 PM the voter turnover is 57%. i have to salute people of kashmir valley to vote in hordes even under the threat of terrorist from across the border.

I salute the people of Jammu & Kashmir for standing up against the terrorism and exercising their right to vote in huge numbers. This could ink a new chapter for the future of Kashmir.

In-spite of threats, boycott calls ...they participated in the democratic process initiated by their nation.

Salute to my brothers and sisters of our state of Jammu And Kashmir.

In-spite of threats, boycott calls ...they participated in the democratic process initiated by their nation.

Salute to my brothers and sisters of our state of Jammu And Kashmir.

Also add the terrorist attacks in last few days....

So the terrorists start shooting security personnel after conducting their vote in peaceful manners to bring to voting ratio over 70%

Also add the terrorist attacks in last few days....

Thats not an "add"... thats "multiplication: with attacks at-least on 5 different places .

So the terrorists start shooting security personnel after conducting their vote in peaceful manners to bring to voting ratio over 70%
So now peaceful kasmiri voters are terrorists for you ...hmmm

why beating up Kashmiri students all over India?
So you agree that kashmiri students goes to learn all over India ..May be this is also a reason for transformation in kashmir and higher participation in democratic process

So you agree that kashmiri students goes to learn all over India ..May be this is also a reason for transformation in kashmir and higher participation in democratic process

yes and then they get beaten up, tells them they are not indian, like Pakistani get beaten up...x=y
so majority indian believe Kashmir is part of pakistan

Back
Top Bottom