What's new

There's No Way The F-35 Will Ever Match The Eurofighter In Aerial Combat

@gambit Is this an advantage? The F-35 loaded with internal weapons, but the Typhoon carries it weapons externally. Will that affect the Typhoon's 'mission' effectiveness.
The phrase 'mission effectiveness' is loaded.

If the loaded Typhoon meet the Lightning, it will not be very effective in whatever 'mission' it was tasked that day.

If both are in penetration mode, being 'stealthy' with weapons will make the F-35 far more effective than the Typhoon can. It will be able to penetrate further into hostile territory than the Typhoon can.

Take a look at the B-2, if you never seen this before...

b-2_rcs_control_maneuvers.jpg

Note the caption: ...denoting the air vehicle is outside the maneuver limits for the low observable penetration mode.

The B-2's, F-22's, and F-35's flight control system (FLCS) can be slaved to the radar warning receiver (RWR) set when the RWR analyzed the threat radar's position regarding direction and strength, and proposed the lowest physical possible profile to that direction to reduce odds of detection. For the F-111, it was terrain following (TF) tie-in. Now it is radar low observable flight profile tie-in.

No '4th gen' aircraft can benefit from this capability when there are external stores. So yes, the F-35 have the advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see only problem with EF is the delay in getting the necessary stuff like AESA and to get the so called Trenche 3, even I was supporting EF for MMRCA for India. By the time |trenche-3 will be ready and go for production, the French will come up with more powerful engines for Rafale, their only shortcoming....and sorry for bringing rafale into this.

I see only problem with EF is the delay in getting the necessary stuff like AESA and to get the so called Trenche 3, even I was supporting EF for MMRCA for India. By the time |trenche-3 will be ready and go for production, the French will come up with more powerful engines for Rafale, their only shortcoming....and sorry for bringing rafale into this.

By 2015 Typhoon will have Captor-E, JHMCS, CFTs, TVCEs and SEP1103V5.

EFT and F35 will hardly meet in war. Give me answer of some question...

List me a scenario where u feel EFT can meet F35 in Air-combat...

Israel Vs Saudi Arabia.

The F-35 is going to be the next F-16.
@gambit
@Mosamania
No way F35 can replace F16 basic operation costs of F35 are way high.

Dont count so much on Stealth an american stealth Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk was shot down in serbia remember.

a real battle field is where u will be fighting a formidable enemy.

article-1365330-0D92A02B000005DC-996_634x461.jpg

no body is going to look at radar and say ohh lill birdy(F22).................

The F-117 had poor situation awareness, unlike the F-35.

@gambit@Mosamania

Dont count so much on Stealth an american stealth Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk was shot down in serbia remember.

You are waaaaaaayyyy behind the time. This topic have been discussed and debunked to death.

If what the Serbs did worked so good, then why only one F-117 and one F-16 lost out of about 40 THOUSANDS sorties? And this includes 60 B-2 sorties flown non-stop from Continental US.

Two aircrafts shot down out of literally tens of thousands of attacks? You call this an air defense combat record worthy of boast?

Israel Vs Saudi Arabia.

@gambit
@Mosamania

F117 was shot down in Yugoslavia because of crude mistake: it was flying 3 days in succession by same route.

Stealth gives you a HUGE advantage, but does not make you immune.

F117 was shot down in Yugoslavia because of crude mistake: it was flying 3 days in succession by same route.

Stealth gives you a HUGE advantage, but does not make you immune.

Not really stealth has big disadvantage is that it can be detected by low frequency radar. But using a low freq radar is not an easy thing due to clutter. It seems F117 was shot down by similar system.

You are waaaaaaayyyy behind the time. This topic have been discussed and debunked to death.

If what the Serbs did worked so good, then why only one F-117 and one F-16 lost out of about 40 THOUSANDS sorties? And this includes 60 B-2 sorties flown non-stop from Continental US.

Two aircrafts shot down out of literally tens of thousands of attacks? You call this an air defense combat record worthy of boast?
I said "where u will be fighting a formidable enemy" I was mearly pointing out the fact Stealths can be detected
40 THOUSANDS sorties against a 40 yr old army.........ypeeeeeeeeeevictory:victory::no: NOT

1 F35 can not be a substitute for F16
2 F16 will have way lower maintenance compareable to F35

F16 can no way be equal to F35 even with BLOCK 70

F35 can never be as big as F16 in terms of sales.

on topic F35 will run short of wepons when it comes in face of a real jet u know which one;)

I said "where u will be fighting a formidable enemy" I was mearly pointing out the fact Stealths can be detected
40 THOUSANDS sorties against a 40 yr old army.........ypeeeeeeeeeevictory:victory::no: NOT

on topic F35 will run short of wepons when it comes in face of a real jet u know which one;)
So how does all this nonsense from you 'proved' that whatever the Serbs did worked against 'stealth'? :lol:

Another 12yr old trying to act like an adult...

Most of these sorties were defensive. But truth is that Serbs did more than good & create bigger problems for NATO.

What he was saying that F35 will take the status of falcons. Yes f35 cost is way bigger than falcons, but if you see all 5 gen fighter than you will understand that F35 really are falcons in 5gen.

What I think is that there is only one fighter which has ability to cross/near falcons record of sale. Just see huge order of
USAF(although lower than original falcons)
US navy (no falcons)
US marine ( no falcons)
and after that RAF, Germans, IAF,Italy,etc

And also dont forget development rate of light ACC (include Italy,S.Korea, Thailand, Spain)for which right now F35 is only hope for good effectiveness.

Why you claim short on weapon, whenever I see its internal bay, it is enough for air-air battle.

So how does all this nonsense from you 'proved' that whatever the Serbs did worked against 'stealth'? :lol:

Another 12yr old trying to act like an adult...

it brought down a stealth............ back than F117 was pride of USAF

Stealth is over hyped it might be useful against a rag tag army but not a professional one

OTH radars,space based assets, air defence assets....... Even only the preparations of an air attack would be observed at 5000-7000 km of distance or directly from space, since minute one

Aircraft, in a full scale conflict between world level powers would be probably the assets less likely to get any chance to come into play (probably even if the conflict would be limited to conventional means), the reason is that airfields are,by far, the most easy fixed targets among any others military target ;moreover show an horrible "combination" of the worse elements codifying for great susceptibility to destruction :

1) a very high density of very soft, frail vehicles (aircraft)
2) a strong concentration of an immense amount very flammable fuel
3) high spatial concentration of bombs and missiles .

Practically any airfields ,except those placed in multi-layered, dense, and very extensive IADs (capable to neutralize or divert an enormous amount of cruise and ballistic missiles) would be reduced to a sprawl of smoking craters from hundreds or even thousands of Km of distances in a matter of minutes even before the logistical preparations for an air attack would be carried on.....

If we consider a thermonuclear scenario, obviously the role of aircraft such as F-22 or PAKFA become even more insignificant (all the conflict would be resolved ,in no more than 20-30 minutes, by ICBM, SLBM , ABM systems and space based systems of both sides ) moreover in this apocalyptical scenario several SAMs brigades in strategic positions would be quickly converted to nuclear warheads and ,as you well know, them would get an effective range more than doubled (not having any necessity to keep energy to manoeuvre in the terminal interception phase) and would need no more than the imprecise coordinates coming from an OTH radar for destroy enemy aircraft or group of cruise missiles ,considering that even only three of those thermonuclear missiles could obliterate an entire enemy air fleet outside the border of the nation in a kill radius of several dozen of kilometers !!!

Russian IRST technology or Russian IR guided AAM technology, S-300PM ,S-300VM ,S-400 , BUK-M1/2, Tor-M1/2, Tunguska-M1, Pantsir-S vs F35 or F22???????

even assuming the F-22 was totally invisible at any distance, the weapons it uses are not.

Those ideal Lockheed Martin RCS figures won't hold up very long when the aircraft is being engaged from many angles.

If a flight of four F-22s tried to engage a target protected by a battery of 6 Pantsir-S1s the SAMs would be able to engage 24 targets at a time, so even if all four aircraft released 5 weapons each, the battery would be able to deal with all the targets and the aircraft at once. The high speed of the missiles of the Pantsir-S1 system means that those targets would be rapidly engaged and a follow up engagement for another 24 targets would probably allow 2-3 engagements before any weapons from the F-22s could reach their targets... which means they probably wont.

Clearly one flight of 4 F-22s is not good enough in this case, so more would be needed.

Odds are there will be more Pantsir-S1 batteries than there will be F-22s.

We know the F-22 is not invisible in the visible light wave range because we can see it.

Russian optics makers have been experimenting with Image Intensification scopes with small computers in them for processing the light. It seems they have found a way to separate natural light from artificial light, so an object that is painted or dyed with artificial colours can be made to glow... put that in the nose of a missile and it can be used to shoot down F-22s all day and night.

Stealth can be dealt with effectively.

and the jet i was talking about is not european its Russian.

I ignore ur last comment.:coffee:

@gambit
Is there some kind of data available on BVR kill ratio . I mean in terms "number of launch and number of actual kills" .

What about B-2 Missuri?
After 1999 Missuri does not exist in US air force.

B-2 is crashed in Croatia.
We have evidence about F-16, F-117, few Torpedo's and Predators(UAV), 2xAH-64, but some peoples claim that we are downed Tornado and Mirage and damaged 36 aircrafts for less than 3 months of war.

We defend our country with 16 MiG-29B/UB's who did not has Radar, or has but range is very short 10-20km, few NEVA and KUB anti air systems.

NEVA was taking down F-117, by soldier Zoltan Dani.

10 years after that Dale Zelko(pilot F-117) his "enemy" visited Zoltan Dani(NEVA shooter), and now they are good friend's.

Back
Top Bottom