What's new

The washing machine that BJP was trying to sell

Josef K

Reaction score
Country
India
There are two narratives that are being peddled by two sets of analysts from both sides of the spectrums over the Bihar debacle (or victory depending on which side of the spectrum you are). But both sets of analysts still don’t see the picture clearly for what it really is because they are feigning an air of superiority since they see only their positions as the ideal ones.
The so-called liberals will have you believe that this is a victory of Nitish’s development plank over BJP’s communal agenda. But if asked to explain why did Nitish get pushed to the 3rd position while Lalu gained at his expense when Lalu had nothing but caste politics to offer, they are at loss.

On the other hand, the RWers would want you to believe, it is the caste-communal combination that worked while development plank got derailed. However they will not be able to explain why BJP did well in Phase-5 where it was expected to perform badly, just after they decided to go all out on the cow-controversy after being coy about it over the initial phases. @SarthakGanguly is candid about this however, as he himself admitted he won’t pretend to be idealistic, but I have some doubts over his assessment about phase V, which I will discuss later.

If we get over our hypocrisies and see the battle from the right perspective we can clearly see what went wrong.

Let me use a market analogy.

BJP sold a washing machine. MGB sold a washing machine. BJP expected MGB to go broke because it thought people will buy its washing machines only. But MGB was originally a merger of a mobile phone manufacturer (RJD) and a washing machine manufacturer (JDU). The mobile phone division was still selling its phones and that business was going good. By the time BJP realized this it decides to re-start it’s now defunct mobile phone division (BJP is a diversified conglomerate here – like Samsung) and enters the mobile sector, MGB has already become an established player there.

The washing machine is the development agenda, while the mobile phone is the communal agenda.

BJP and JDU were selling the same things. These competitors brought each other down because the demand was diluted due to over-supply of the same commodity. On the other hand RJD let these two idiots fight each other while selling the other commodity that was in demand – an appeal to the baser feeling of communalism – and reaped enormous profits from that.

While the BJP-JDU idiots were fighting for their market-shares in the washing machine market, RJD comfortably established its monopoly in the mobile phone market.
Think about it? What was Nitish’s only selling point? Development after all. If you are thinking that you can make that same sales pitch and somehow magically capture the entire market, then I’d say you are stupid beyond belief.

And BJP decides to enter the automobile market at the last moment when the race is finished.

My conclusion would be, the next time you are faced with a casteist party, go for polarization early on. Not after the media hyenas define the course for you at the last minute.

@Star Wars @TejasMk3 @magudi @Darmashkian @saurav

Last edited:
I see Bihar debacle as positive out come for BJP in long run....... Because -

1) This will make them introspect
2) This will bring them from the high horses they were sitting -
3) This will make them look at those vanara sena's who made those idiotic comments and changed the agenda
4) This will make them work with regional parties and relearn the lessons of coalition
5) This will make them believe 2 people cannot run this country .......
6) This will bring back the focus on Govt, and make them peform better - and concentrate on real issues than Beef
6) This will help Modi to sack some non performing ministers and make the cabinet a better one

Negatives

1) Winter session will be another disaster with idiotic opposition
2) RSS control over govt will be much higher than what it was before
3) Reduced influence of Modi, which can also be a positive point

Get your facts right BJP is at 3rd position not Nitish.

Still doesn't change the fact that BJP and JDU lost seats while RJD gained at JDU's expense, does it?

3) This will make them look at those vanara sena's who made those idiotic comments and changed the agenda
4) This will make them work with regional parties and relearn the lessons of coalition
6) This will bring back the focus on Govt, and make them peform better - and concentrate on real issues than Beef
6) This will help Modi to sack some non performing ministers and make the cabinet a better one

Negatives

Much needed

Each state is different. In MH, they can win without SS and they have proved it. However course correction may be needed if Fadnavis faces anit-inumbency and NCP-INC re-aligned. In RJ, MP, HR, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, KA, etc. they don't need to ally with any regional party since the state organization is already strong there.

In AP, Punjab they have allies.

In UP, as long as Maya and Mulayam do not ally, nothing to fear. The rest of the states, like TN, TG, KL, WB,Odisha BJP doesn't stand a chance anyway.

Polarization worked in the last phase, a phase where they were expected to perform poorly in this election.

BJP learned the hard way that the cow gives milk and meat but no votes.
Hope cow issue will make an exit from Indian politics now.
11233498_913891938702963_8849903079703965312_n.jpg

Cows will remain relevant. As long as Hindus and Dharmics hold her dear, there will be enough bites for the media to report. In fact, even if India wins a world cup, the headline will be on a cow story 2. :D

BJP learned the hard way that the cow gives milk and meat but no votes.

Hope cow issue will make an exit from Indian politics now.
View attachment 270530

Apparently, development plank doesn't fetch votes either when someone else is making the same sales pitch, as you can see how Nitish has been relegated to become a junior partner to a caste leader. The problem was, BJP did not polarize enough to break Lalu's caste pitch. If anything, you guys should be worried just as we are that the caste stranglehold on Indian politics is still strong (if you are as your name suggests an "Indian Patriot")

There are two narratives that are being peddled by two sets of analysts from both sides of the spectrums over the Bihar debacle (or victory depending on which side of the spectrum you are). But both sets of analysts still don’t see the picture clearly for what it really is because they are feigning an air of superiority since they see only their positions as the ideal ones.
The so-called liberals will have you believe that this is a victory of Nitish’s development plank over BJP’s communal agenda. But if asked to explain why did Nitish get pushed to the 3rd position while Lalu gained at his expense when Lalu had nothing but caste politics to offer, they are at loss.

On the other hand, the RWers would want you to believe, it is the caste-communal combination that worked while development plank got derailed. However they will not be able to explain why BJP did well in Phase-5 where it was expected to perform badly, just after they decided to go all out on the cow-controversy after being coy about it over the initial phases. @SarthakGanguly is candid about this however, as he himself admitted he won’t pretend to be idealistic, but I have some doubts over his assessment about phase V, which I will discuss later.

If we get over our hypocrisies and see the battle from the right perspective we can clearly see what went wrong.

Let me use a market analogy.

BJP sold a washing machine. MGB sold a washing machine. BJP expected MGB to go broke because it thought people will buy its washing machines only. But MGB was originally a merger of a mobile phone manufacturer (RJD) and a washing machine manufacturer (JDU). The mobile phone division was still selling its phones and that business was going good. By the time BJP realized this it decides to re-start it’s now defunct mobile phone division (BJP is a diversified conglomerate here – like Samsung) and enters the mobile sector, MGB has already become an established player there.

The washing machine is the development agenda, while the mobile phone is the communal agenda.

BJP and JDU were selling the same things. These competitors brought each other down because the demand was diluted due to over-supply of the same commodity. On the other hand RJD let these two idiots fight each other while selling the other commodity that was in demand – an appeal to the baser feeling of communalism – and reaped enormous profits from that.

While the BJP-JDU idiots were fighting for their market-shares in the washing machine market, RJD comfortably established its monopoly in the mobile phone market.
Think about it? What was Nitish’s only selling point? Development after all. If you are thinking that you can make that same sales pitch and somehow magically capture the entire market, then I’d say you are stupid beyond belief.

And BJP decides to enter the automobile market at the last moment when the race is finished.

My conclusion would be, the next time you are faced with a casteist party, go for polarization early on. Not after the media hyenas define the course for you at the last minute.

@Star Wars @TejasMk3 @magudi @Darmashkian @saurav
Bad out of all of this is the fact, mobile phones were bought and preferred over washing machines.

I don't know weather Polarisation worked for them or not But BJP lost the vote share from 39% in Loks sabha 2014 to 34 % in this assembly election........................according to me BJP had a good Chance to Counter Mohan Bagvats Statement by Showing the door to General VK Singh the evening he gave the dog remark.

Negatives

Winter session will be when they drop the megaton with a joint-session and pass the GST. They have been planning this for some time now. Jaitley talked about how before March 2016 he expects GST to be passed. I can only assume that BJP is planning the joint session of congress. Bihar elections were never a factor in this either because RS changes wouldn't be felt for some time.

Opposition can't do anything about joint session. I wonder if there are any limits though. Is there anything stopping BJP from passing Labour, Land, and GST reform bills all in one sitting?

I don't know weather Polarisation worked for them or not But BJP lost the vote share from 39% in Loks sabha 2014 to 34 % in this assembly election........................according to me BJP had a good Chance to Counter Mohan Bagvats Statement by Showing the door to General VK Singh the evening he gave the dog remark.

They didn't contest all the seats though, which was a huge mistake. Instead they left a bunch of irrelevant parties challenge those seats despite being utterly incapable of winning them.

The problem wasn't ever polarisation, but rather caste politics at work. Lok Sabha elections take a lot of the caste equations out of the picture, because people know that no reservations and government jobs and seat changes are going to occur as a result of a national election. These only factor in during local elections. Hence why RJD gained seats, and why JDU and BJP actually lost them. Nitish is happy about winning, but even he must realize that his popular appeal also went down during the elections. He was in a much stronger position during coalition with BJP than he ever will be with RJD and Lalu breathing down his back. Lalu decided to stop down from PM position this time around, but come 2019 I have a feeling things are going to be a lot different, and there will be blood in the water.

Negatives

Dear Sir may be they consider more racist approach towards minorities to win more Hindu votes, i am thinking that because in past after every defeat or victory they become more vicious against minorities specially Muslims.

Cows will remain relevant

Of course cows will be relevant. Beef tastes excellent, you should try it.

Apparently, development plank doesn't fetch votes either when someone else is making the same sales pitch, as you can see how Nitish has been relegated to become a junior partner to a caste leader. The problem was, BJP did not polarize enough to break Lalu's caste pitch. If anything, you guys should be worried just as we are that the caste stranglehold on Indian politics is still strong (if you are as your name suggests an "Indian Patriot")

And BJP does not play caste politics?

Dear Sir may be they consider more racist approach towards minorities to win more Hindu votes, i am thinking that because in past after every defeat or victory they become more vicious against minorities specially Muslims.

I dono where you got this "Racist" term when it comes to Bihar election.....I dont see any serious issues to muslims other than a strong opposition on eating cow meat...... They can enjoy beef as much as they want (only buffalo meat).....

Back
Top Bottom