What's new

The Wait Is Over - Paksat-1R launch on 11 August

WAQAS119

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Paksat-1R launch on 11 August

Pakistani communications satellite, PAKSAT-1R launch is planned for ~21:00 PST (16:00 GMT) on 11 August 2011 from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in China.

10052710.jpg

thats really a great time so after this should be they work on more projects not like bader series and then sleep many years .

Their were rumors a year or so back that Pakistan is working on its own SLV. What happened to that project?

It better be on TV, gonna watch it, wasnt it supposed to be 14th august thoigh.

realy a great news, might be possible we can countrol our home made drone with it in future....

i was also under impression that the launch was scheduled for Independence Day

but regardless, great news. And a reminder of the time-tested friendship between Pakistan & China.

I would have been really happy if we had launched it ourselves but I guess we still aren't ready. Can anyone tell me for what uses is this satellite being launched ? They better introduce a DTH service. People here are tired of using smuggled Tata Plus DTH sets.

I would have been really happy if we had launched it ourselves but I guess we still aren't ready. Can anyone tell me for what uses is this satellite being launched ? They better introduce a DTH service. People here are tired of using smuggled Tata Plus DTH sets.

It carries communications payload to facilitate the introduction of a range of new services, including broadband Internet, digital television broadcasting, remote and rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine. The satellite is expected to have 15 years lifespan, and will be operated from Suparco Satellite Ground Station

Pakistan to Launch Paksat-1R Satellite This Month

are you serious??

Back
Top Bottom