What's new

The US/NATO is a far bigger threat to global peace and security than China

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Is China a bigger threat to world peace & stability than the US? Historical data suggests the real threat is in fact from the US.

Nuclear Weapons:

US+UK+France:
6,065 Nuclear Warheads
China: 350 Nuclear Warheads

Military Spending estimates 2021:

NATO:
$1.17 Trillion (2.77% of GDP cumulative, US 3.7% of GDP)
China: $209 Billion (1.3% of GDP)

Military Interventions:

China
: Korean War (1950), Vietnam War (1950)
US:
1623934867574.png

The above does not include British and French military interventions post World War 2. If someone wants to compile a list of those, it would be helpful.

The above does not include British and French military interventions post World War 2. If someone wants to compile a list of those, it would be helpful.

Any data on Chinese military interventions, for comparison?

Do invasions like Tibet count?

I'm not the creator but I believe these are "foreign" interventions that's why wars like China-India in 1962 are not included similarly Tibet is probably not considered "foreign". Which you could consider a bias against the US since the US has had zero "internal" conflicts.

I'm not the creator but I believe these are "foreign" interventions that's why wars like China-India in 1962 are not included similarly Tibet is probably not considered "foreign". Which you could consider a bias against the US since the US has had zero "internal" conflicts.

Or maybe it is just a lack of capabilities, not an issue of war-mongering policy? Or maybe the conclusion was arrived at first in a one-sided way to the exclusion of evidence to the contrary? Possibly.

China invading Tibet is like USA invading Canada. But let's ignore that.

Or maybe it is just a lack of capabilities, not an issue of war-mongering policy? Or maybe the conclusion was arrived at first in a one-sided way to the exclusion of evidence to the contrary? Possibly.

Whether it is a matter of capabilities or not is speculative. The data itself is clear and feel free to offer additional data on Chinese military interventions since World War 2.

With respect to your comparison between Tibet & Canada - does the US consider Canadian territory as part of the US?

Let's suppose China invading Tibet is a conflict now you have 3 interventions by China. The rest of your assumptions we can't rely on because they're just assumptions.

So what do you say to 3 interventions compared to the rest?

If you know your American history you'll know that George Washington was against such a foreign policy and that's also why Trump's foreign policy was so successful.

Whether it is a matter of capabilities or not is speculative. The data itself is clear and feel free to offer additional data on Chinese military interventions since World War 2.

With respect to your comparison between Tibet & Canada - does the US consider Canadian territory as part of the US?

So all it takes to justify invading a neighbor is a belief that it is part of the country?

Let's suppose China invading Tibet is a conflict now you have 3 interventions by China. The rest of your assumptions we can't rely on because they're just assumptions.

So what do you say to 3 interventions compared to the rest?

If you know your American history you'll know that George Washington was against such a foreign policy and that's also why Trump's foreign policy was so successful.

So the metric is the number of interventions? How many of US interventions were part of the Cold War to prevent communist expansionism? How many were the result of the geopolitical changes brought on by the 9/11 attacks? How do different capabilities play a role in such a count? After all, if one does not have a blue water Navy, then counting a lack of sea assaults as being at peace seems a bit naïve.

So the metric is the number of interventions? How many of US interventions were part of the Cold War to prevent communist expansionism? How many were the result of the geopolitical changes brought on by the 9/11 attacks? How do different capabilities play a role in such a count? After all, if one does not have a blue water Navy, then counting a lack of sea assaults as being at peace seems a bit naïve.

It's not the metric for me, you seem to want to include Tibet as another intervention so I thought I'd include it. What metric do you prefer?

So all it takes to justify invading a neighbor is a belief that it is part of the country?
No, apparently some mythological claim about a Holy Land and it belonging to X religious community is also sufficient for the US to bankroll and support the displacement, occupation, persecution and massacres of millions of Palestinians.

It's not the metric for me, you seem to want to include Tibet as another intervention so I thought I'd include it. What metric do you prefer?

I would simply judge such interventions according to basic principles of international geopolitics, without a prejudged verdict in mind, but that's just me.

I would simply judge such interventions according to basic principles of international geopolitics, without a prejudged verdict in mind, but that's just me.

How would you judge the lack of interventions?

Back
Top Bottom