What's new

The untouchables’ revolt in India: Will the Brahmins suppress the Dalits again?

I am not a fan of any religion. Converting to Islam is the only solution to end this oppression.
Wow. Horrible solution. You'd say this is the solution to end most of the world's problems wouldn't you?
Btw hows the weather in Rawalpindi?

Caste system is rubbish to begin with. Equal rights for all humans.

Caste system is not to blame, people are to blame.

Foreigners have no idea what 'caste' really means. Every single person in the world follows the Hindu caste system, without exception. Literally every single person in the world follows the Hindu caste system.

Foreigners, not to mention many in India, are clueless about how it works.

Brahmins are not to blame for the oppression. Brahmins were in fact far more inclusive than other castes in India.

I am not a fan of any religion. Converting to Islam is the only solution to end this oppression.

Why? So instead of merely oppressing other castes, we can kill them instead?

Because the Brahmins are scared to mess with Muslims.

Lol.

You are neither Hindu nor Indian.

This doesn't seem to be the case. Most brahmins are more educated then average dalit and obviously richer also. Even being priests they likely earn more then average dalit in village.

No, there are more Brahmins below poverty line than other castes. I think only the tribals are worse, but that's because they choose to live in such conditions.

No, there are more Brahmins below poverty line than other castes. I think only the tribals are worse, but that's because they choose to live in such conditions.

Indian government do caste based poverty survey?

Lol.

Yes, India should terminate the caste system. It cause more harm than good in modern society.

Caste system is not to blame, people are to blame.

Foreigners have no idea what 'caste' really means. Every single person in the world follows the Hindu caste system, without exception. Literally every single person in the world follows the Hindu caste system.

Foreigners, not to mention many in India, are clueless about how it works.

Brahmins are not to blame for the oppression. Brahmins were in fact far more inclusive than other castes in India.

Lol.

Haramkhor brahman you have lived off lavishly by exploiting other castes for 5000+ years. Assume what you want. I know what I am.

Now your making up lies like Brahmins are more poorer than Dalits. Go check the economic caste survey. But I think you already know that dalits are at bottom. You are another lying evil Brahman.

5% brahmams and 1% bania own 90% of Indias wealth.

Wow. Horrible solution. You'd say this is the solution to end most of the world's problems wouldn't you?
Btw hows the weather in Rawalpindi?
The weather is good. Its snowing too. Just ate my pork chops. How is the weather in Nagpur shakha?

Indian government do caste based poverty survey?

Unfortunately no. But Brahmins have been poor throughout history. It changed a bit after the British came and changed a lot after independence, but things haven't changed as much for the overall population because most of them are not land owners or own very small amounts of land, only enough for subsistence farming, like in Uttar Pradesh.

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/lucknow/bsp-starts-campaign-to-woo-brahmins/

It's just that the richer, more accomplished Brahmins simply stand out. And their success makes them easy to bash as well. Brahmins are quite well represented in politics, but the leaders haven't done much for Brahmins because Brahmins are seen as upper caste and don't need help from the govt. Fail logic.

Yes, India should terminate the caste system. It cause more harm than good in modern society.

The caste system won't go simply because it's part of life and very necessary, all over the world, not just India.

With a gradual progress towards equality in education and wealth, people will simply become more tolerable towards members of other castes.

Haramkhor brahman you have lived off lavishly by exploiting other castes for 5000+ years. Assume what you want. I know what I am.

Now your making up lies like Brahmins are more poorer than Dalits. Go check the economic caste survey. But I think you already know that dalits are at bottom. You are another lying evil Brahman.

5% brahmams and 1% bania own 90% of Indias wealth.

Dumbass. My own family was BPL during British rule.

Dumbass. My own family was BPL during British rule.
Are you retarded or just another lying Brahmin? When did the British disclose or even calculate Below poverty line? BPL came after independence. 99% of Indians were poor during British rule. Since I know a bit of history I can tell you Brahmins had highest representation in government jobs and politics. So spread your Brahmanvad RSS propganda some where else.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repo...poorer-than-muslims-government-report-2032739

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mang...rty-line-says-survey/articleshow/16987809.cms

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio_Economic_and_Caste_Census_2011

You claimed that Brahnins are poorer than Dalits. So provide stats to back up your claim. Or you just a lying Brahmin scum who had lived of reservations for 5000+ years.

Distribution of each religion by caste category 2004/05
Sc/ S Tribe./Backward /Others /Total
Hinduism 22.2 9.1. 42.8 26.0 100
Muslim 0.8 0.5 39.2. 59.5 100
Christians 9.0 32.8 24.8 33.3 100
Sikhs 30.7 0.9. 22.4 46.1 100
Jains 0.0 2.6 3.0 94.3 100
Buddhists 89.5. 7.4 0.4 2.7 100
Zoroastrians 0.0 15.9 13.7 70.4 100
Others. 2.6 82.5. 6.2 8.7 100
Total 19.5 8.7 41.1 30.8 100

Are you retarded or just another lying Brahmin? When did the British disclose or even calculate Below poverty line? BPL came after independence. 99% of Indians were poor during British rule. Since I know a bit of history I can tell you Brahmins had highest representation in government jobs and politics. So spread your Brahmanvad RSS propganda some where else.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repo...poorer-than-muslims-government-report-2032739

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mang...rty-line-says-survey/articleshow/16987809.cms

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio_Economic_and_Caste_Census_2011

You claimed that Brahnins are poorer than Dalits. So provide stats to back up your claim. Or you just a lying Brahmin scum who had lived of reservations for 5000+ years.
There are 50 Sulabh Shauchalayas (public toilets) in Delhi; all of them are cleaned and looked after by Brahmins (this very welcome public institution was started by a Brahmin).

There are five to six Brahmins manning each Shauchalaya. In most villages in UP and Bihar, Dalits have a union which helps them secure jobs in villages,” Gautier states.

Fifty per cent of rickshaw-pullers in Delhi’s Patel Nagar are Brahmins. Did you also know that most rickshaw pullers in Banaras are Brahmins?,” Gautier asks.

He questions: “Do our institutes connect with the real India?” while pointing out the reverse discrimination existing in bureaucracy and politics of the country.

Talking about Kashmiri Pandits, Gautier mentions they are living as refugees in their own country.

“400,000 Brahmins of the Kashmir Valley, the once respected Kashmiri Pandits, now live as refugees in their own country, sometimes in refugee camps in Jammu and Delhi, in appalling conditions. Their vote bank is negligible,” says Gautier.

In South India, the state of Brahmins as stated by various agencies speaks for itself.

Seventy five per cent of domestic help and cooks in Andhra Pradesh are Brahmins.

“A study of the Brahmin community in a district in Andhra Pradesh (Brahmins of India by J Radhakrishna, published by Chugh Publications) reveals that today all Purohits live below the poverty line,” quotes Gautier.

Gautier questions: “Who are the real Dalits of India?”

“In fact, according to this study there has been an overall decline in the number of Brahmin students. With the average income of Brahmins being less than that of non-Brahmins, a high percentage of Brahmin students drop out at the intermediate level,” Gautier quotes.

“The study also found that 55 per cent of all Brahmins lived below the poverty line -- below a per capita income of Rs 650 a month,” adding there is no reason to believe that the condition of Brahmins in other parts of the country is different.

Gautier quotes the per capita income of various communities as stated by the Karnataka finance minister in the State assembly: Christians Rs 1,562, Vokkaligas Rs 914, Muslims Rs 794, Scheduled castes Rs 680, Scheduled Tribes Rs 577 and Brahmins Rs 537.

But preferential policies for the non-Brahmins in government jobs and modern occupations such as law and medicine have forced Brahmins to retreat in these spheres as well.

Gautier suggests that caste shouldn't overwrite merit while quoting an Andhra Pradesh study, the largest percentage of Brahmins today are employed as domestic servants. The unemployment rate among them is as high as 75 per cent. There are hundreds of families that are surviving on just Rs 500 per month as priests in various temples (Department of Endowments statistics).

Gautier says : “There are innumerable instances in which Brahmin priests who spent a lifetime studying Vedas are being ridiculed and disrespected.”

“At Tamil Nadu's Ranganathaswamy Temple, a priest's monthly salary is Rs 300 (Census Department studies) and a daily allowance of one measure of rice. The government staff at the same temple receive Rs 2,500 plus per month,” Gautier states.

Gautier observes and lashes out at the Congress-led government observing “the tragedy of modern India is that the combined votes of Dalits/OBC and Muslims are enough for any government to be elected. The Congress quickly cashed in on it after Independence, but probably no other government than Sonia Gandhi's has gone so far in shamelessly dividing Indian society for garnering votes.”

Gautier also quotes from The Indian Express newspaper’s report: 'These measures will not achieve social justice'

“The Indian government gives Rs 1,000 crores (Rs 10 billion) for salaries of imams in mosques and Rs 200 crores (Rs 2 billion) as Haj subsidies. But no such help is available to Brahmins and upper castes.”

Unless the dalits revolt like tribal maoist. I see no end to their sufferings. The state has done absolutely nothing for dalits and tribals.
Right, Maoist. That's stupid, Mao revolution i already dying. Taking arms and fighting won't get you anything. If you have a peaceful demonstration then there will be a solution.
Nothing will be achieved through violence. Only through non-violence.

Distribution of each religion by caste category 2004/05
Sc/
S Tribe./Backward /Others /Total
Hinduism 22.2 9.1. 42.8 26.0 100
Muslim 0.8 0.5 39.2. 59.5 100
Christians 9.0 32.8 24.8 33.3 100
Sikhs 30.7 0.9. 22.4 46.1 100
Jains 0.0 2.6 3.0 94.3 100
Buddhists 89.5. 7.4 0.4 2.7 100
Zoroastrians 0.0 15.9 13.7 70.4 100
Others. 2.6 82.5. 6.2 8.7 100
Total 19.5 8.7 41.1 30.8 100

There are 50 Sulabh Shauchalayas (public toilets) in Delhi; all of them are cleaned and looked after by Brahmins (this very welcome public institution was started by a Brahmin).

There are five to six Brahmins manning each Shauchalaya. In most villages in UP and Bihar, Dalits have a union which helps them secure jobs in villages,” Gautier states.

Fifty per cent of rickshaw-pullers in Delhi’s Patel Nagar are Brahmins. Did you also know that most rickshaw pullers in Banaras are Brahmins?,” Gautier asks.

He questions: “Do our institutes connect with the real India?” while pointing out the reverse discrimination existing in bureaucracy and politics of the country.

Talking about Kashmiri Pandits, Gautier mentions they are living as refugees in their own country.

“400,000 Brahmins of the Kashmir Valley, the once respected Kashmiri Pandits, now live as refugees in their own country, sometimes in refugee camps in Jammu and Delhi, in appalling conditions. Their vote bank is negligible,” says Gautier.

In South India, the state of Brahmins as stated by various agencies speaks for itself.

Seventy five per cent of domestic help and cooks in Andhra Pradesh are Brahmins.

“A study of the Brahmin community in a district in Andhra Pradesh (Brahmins of India by J Radhakrishna, published by Chugh Publications) reveals that today all Purohits live below the poverty line,” quotes Gautier.

Gautier questions: “Who are the real Dalits of India?”

“In fact, according to this study there has been an overall decline in the number of Brahmin students. With the average income of Brahmins being less than that of non-Brahmins, a high percentage of Brahmin students drop out at the intermediate level,” Gautier quotes.

“The study also found that 55 per cent of all Brahmins lived below the poverty line -- below a per capita income of Rs 650 a month,” adding there is no reason to believe that the condition of Brahmins in other parts of the country is different.

Gautier quotes the per capita income of various communities as stated by the Karnataka finance minister in the State assembly: Christians Rs 1,562, Vokkaligas Rs 914, Muslims Rs 794, Scheduled castes Rs 680, Scheduled Tribes Rs 577 and Brahmins Rs 537.

But preferential policies for the non-Brahmins in government jobs and modern occupations such as law and medicine have forced Brahmins to retreat in these spheres as well.

Gautier suggests that caste shouldn't overwrite merit while quoting an Andhra Pradesh study, the largest percentage of Brahmins today are employed as domestic servants. The unemployment rate among them is as high as 75 per cent. There are hundreds of families that are surviving on just Rs 500 per month as priests in various temples (Department of Endowments statistics).

Gautier says : “There are innumerable instances in which Brahmin priests who spent a lifetime studying Vedas are being ridiculed and disrespected.”

“At Tamil Nadu's Ranganathaswamy Temple, a priest's monthly salary is Rs 300 (Census Department studies) and a daily allowance of one measure of rice. The government staff at the same temple receive Rs 2,500 plus per month,” Gautier states.

Gautier observes and lashes out at the Congress-led government observing “the tragedy of modern India is that the combined votes of Dalits/OBC and Muslims are enough for any government to be elected. The Congress quickly cashed in on it after Independence, but probably no other government than Sonia Gandhi's has gone so far in shamelessly dividing Indian society for garnering votes.”

Gautier also quotes from The Indian Express newspaper’s report: 'These measures will not achieve social justice'

“The Indian government gives Rs 1,000 crores (Rs 10 billion) for salaries of imams in mosques and Rs 200 crores (Rs 2 billion) as Haj subsidies. But no such help is available to Brahmins and upper castes.”

@TheShowstepper

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom