What's new

The U.S. Air Force Just Admitted The F-35 Stealth Fighter Has Failed - Forbes

Pierre spey is a dumbass he was against BVR missiles and radars and wanted the F-16 to have only Sidewinders and a minigun. Thank God he didnt get his way.
F-35 is a Lambourgini, its cant replace a Workhorse, which is the F-16 Falcon. That what i picked up from his arguement, the plane is too expensive, Thats the reason he hate it.

F-35 is a Lambourgini, its cant replace a Workhorse, which is the F-16 Falcon. That what i picked up from his arguement, the plane is too expensive, Thats the reason he hate it.
For America it is not too expensive for the mission of engaging near peers. A good 4.5 gen would allow for fighting forces much weaker then the USAF at a much cheaper cost. For God sake we are pulling in hundreds of billions from taxes but fools are wasting it on gender studies in Pakistan.

Do people even care to read article?
Here is essence of the article,
"
The F-35 is a Ferrari, Brown told reporters last Wednesday. “You don’t drive your Ferrari to work every day, you only drive it on Sundays. This is our ‘high end’ [fighter], we want to make sure we don’t use it all for the low-end fight.”

It's not a failure as much as it is simply too costly, especially for any country that is not the US, cannot operate this Ferrari of the jet world without destroying it's budget

The title contradicts the content..
This says it all: " The F-35 is a Ferrari, Brown told reporters last Wednesday. “You don’t drive your Ferrari to work every day, you only drive it on Sundays. This is our ‘high end’ [fighter], we want to make sure we don’t use it all for the low-end fight.” "

In brief.. the US air force needs a low-end light weight fighter.. and we've heard lately that they have found one in the US and decided to get it..

That Pierre Sprey video is great. A classic lol. Everything other than the F-16 is a Turkey. Funny how the MiG-21 was a turkey also yet it could easily down an F-35? lol that has to be the best one in that video. And how hilarious is his disgust of the F-15? Arguably the most successful US fighter jet ever built? What does that tell you about his line of thought?

Some of the stuff he talks about has some merit, even though it's highly exaggerated like low frequency long wavelength radars being able to pick up stealthy aircraft. There's a huge amount of truth to that and especially the part on how the Russians are building them and build them in highly mobile units to move them around and protect them. Stealth is advantageous against other airborne radars, even AESA radars. The much larger, ground based low frequency and long wavelength is a whole other animal.

Someone has to remind Pierre Sprey that many countries are lining up to buy this turkey lol. And the ones that claim they don't want it or wouldn't want it are being disingenuous.

sprey is not an expert??? this guy was the chief engineer in charge of designing the F16, you do know that right?

LOL - you know nothing. :blah:

The F-16 was designed by Harry Hillaker influenced by Col John Boyd and his EM ( Energymaneuverability) theory.
Sprey was working on the A-10* while he occupied the office next to Col John Boyd at the Pentagon.

Like I said before, find me someone who has flown, fought with or maintained the F-35 that has criticized the aircraft.
I'm not interested in the opinion of dinosaurs and his outdated senile notions.
No offence but I'm also not interested in the opinion an uninformed Pakistani such as yourself.

* at the time Sprey official position at the Pentagon was analyst to the Secretary of defense.
He assisted Avery Kay the chief designer of the A-10 unbeknownst to the Pentagon or the Air force.

Mr. Hillaker, an aeronautical engineer at General Dynamics for 44 years and known to many as the "Father of the F-16," died Sunday at his home in Fort Worth. He was 89.
As a senior engineer at General Dynamics' Fort Worth aircraft plant in the 1960s,
Mr. Hillaker led a design team that worked, secretively at first, with a small group of Pentagon insurgents to turn a collection of ideas, theories and concepts into what would become the F-16.

Last edited:
LOL - you know nothing. :blah:

The F-16 was designed by Harry Hillaker influenced by Col John Boyd and his EM ( Energymaneuverability) theory.
Sprey was working on the A-10* while he occupied the office next to Col John Boyd at the Pentagon.

Like I said before, find me someone who has flown, fought with or maintained the F-35 that has criticized the aircraft.
I'm not interested in the opinion of dinosaurs and his outdated senile notions.
No offence but I'm also not interested in the opinion an uninformed Pakistani such as yourself.

* at the time Sprey official position at the Pentagon was analyst to the Secretary of defense.
He assisted Avery Kay the chief designer of the A-10 unbeknownst to the Pentagon or the Air force.

you seem butthurt. I increase your butthurt.
now enjoy the butthurt. feel the butthurt. smell the butthurt. taste the butthurt. let the butthurt flow thru you. savor the butthurt. love the butthurt. adore the butthurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the media have a hate boner for the F-35?

Well, that means the copy cat is also a failure. Somebody wasted their time.

This is what Sprey said in the video, I posted on another thread few days back.
Even though a Lt from Marine tried to deny Sprey, but it is true, F35 is not the answer, not even for USA.
Admissions are coming in now.

Even McCain took exception to a USA Generals remarks in a hearing and blasted USA attempts to replace A 10 with F 35.
He said don't question my intelligence to the General.

As long as it's working for America, who cares? with or without F-35's USAF is still unmatched for decades to come.

The original article is this: https://www.airforcemag.com/brown-launching-major-tacair-study-with-cape-considering-5th-gen-minus/

The usual suspects in the media gave that account the F-35 Failure spin. An Facepalm moment.

It is also unfortunate to see people falling for such media spins; some of the comments in this thread are very telling. This show a clear lack of judgement and grasp of this theme in person and otherwise.

How many countries have managed to mass produce true 5th generation jet fighters in the present? How many countries have pushed the envelope in the matters of aviation by developing true 5th generation technologies? How many countries are in the position to take these matters to the next level in the coming years?

Look at the cost of the world's FIRST but country-exclusive 5th generation jet fighter program of which the very impressive F-22A Raptor is the outcome. At over 250 million USD per piece, F-22A Raptor was the most expensive jet fighter in the world and mass production was not feasible. The F-35 program have made 5th generation technologies AFFORDABLE on the other hand; this program also paved way for innovations in RAM applications and development of technologies which are making 6th generation designs possible. These are the stories that MEDIA spin-masters are not interested in telling however. So how would the ignorant and the naïve know?

The F-35 program also paved way for significant leaps in capabilities of the older 4th generation jet fighters. The F-16 Block 70/72 (low-end) and the F-15 EX (high-end) are solid examples of these leaps.

True 5th generation jet fighters are incredibly sophisticated and expensive - this class is suited for 'Air Superiority' role (punching through enemy defenses), and cannot replace 4th generation workhorses in full capacity. USAF is now contemplating a 5th gen minus class for the needful.

That is the crux.

Back
Top Bottom