What's new

The Taliban are sitting on $1 trillion worth of minerals the world desperately needs

Enough water from river through Wakhan Corridor can be secured via pipelines.

Long term project this would be.

Other rare earths present in Afghanistan won't need such water usage. These can be short term implementations.

Sure good luck with that ... :lol:

FYI, the Mississippi river holds between 1.5 and 5 million gallons of water. So we're looking at between 3 to 10 million metric tons of Lithium from draining an entire river. Of course, you also have to deal with millions of gallons of toxic water.

Like I said before, good luck with that.

Last edited:
I can tell you that Americans did take many minerals from Afghanistan

the mine owners all have big villas in Dubai

they paid them so much money

but what they got in return only Americans know

Interesting thing is if China tries to exploit Afghans. Well it has seen what happened to U.S!

The countries that exploit usually first send in the military. China is a businessman and will be happy to do business and create win win situations.

Sure good luck with that ... :lol:

I would not underestimate Chinese engineering expertise.

No saying it would be feasible but the Chinese have done incredible engineering feats in the past.

Anyway this(lithium) is just one of many minerals in Afghanistan.

I can tell you that Americans did take many minerals from Afghanistan

the mine owners all have big villas in Dubai

they paid them so much money

but what they got in return only Americans know

I concur, who knows in the past 20 years or so what and how much is taken from Afghanistan ... that is why sometimes I think that overtly it seems that US does not achieve ALL its targets 100% but covertly they might achieve more than anyone can assume...since no was practically keeping track ...

The countries that exploit usually first send in the military. China is a businessman and will be happy to do business and create win win situations.
Yeah that's what Iron Brother usually says.

I would not underestimate Chinese engineering expertise.

No saying it would be feasible but the Chinese have done incredible engineering feats in the past.

Anyway this(lithium) is just one of many minerals in Afghanistan.

See post 16#

The Chinese have been sitting on exclusive rights to Afghan copper mines for more than a decade. They weren't waiting on the US to leave or the Taliban to arrive. Exploiting the mineral wealth of Afghanistan will require massive amounts of investments. The Chinese aren't going to risk it until they are sure Afghanistan will remain stable for at least two decades and their investments are reasonably well protected by the Afghan government.

Hope the Taliban try their best to build an inclusive Afghanistan that is free of revenge killings and women are allowed to participate as much as possible in society within Islamic guidelines.

With their strategic location, vast mineral resources and a much better educated population than 20 years ago, Afghanistan could have a very bright future with stable and good governance.
Not just minerals and natural resources with tourism Afghanistan can bring in a plenty of money in it's economy. The natural beauty of afghanistan is unmatched and unique.

Well a little info on Lithium mining ... this approach may be one of many which reduce the risks to the surrounding eco system....

BTW I sometimes wonder WHY Chile constantly remain on alert for earthquakes ... hmmmmmm

I hope China gets the contracts. Since they are more trustworthy than USA or Russia

See post 16#

The Chinese have been sitting on exclusive rights to Afghan copper mines for more than a decade. They weren't waiting on the US to leave or the Taliban to arrive. Exploiting the mineral wealth of Afghanistan will require massive amounts of investments. The Chinese aren't going to risk it until they are sure Afghanistan will remain stable for at least two decades and their investments are reasonably well protected by the Afghan government.

I totally agree on the stability bit - will have to defer to what you say on the lithium bit as that is not an area of expertise of mine.

If the Taliban are sincere and they want to build a tolerant state under Islamic guidelines then they need to make sure that it is indeed inclusive and tolerant. Other views, all ethnic groups and women must and should play their part in the social and economic life of Afghanistan.

The Taliban would be very unwise to throw their lot in with the Chinese as then they risk being devoured by a massive and far more powerful and technologically advanced neighbour next-door.

It is in their interest to rule within the accepted standards of human rights in the world, as it is in the 21st century, and so they can trade and have good(or at least not hostile) relations with their neighbours and the great powers around the world such as USA, Europe, Russia, China, Japan etc.

Well I wonder what our KPK holds?
1629320481881.png

Link to the article.

Pretty rich I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom