The Swat Story

PART-6

THE ALLURE

28c600eb1945.jpg

15dd8ae5d39d.jpg

8b20d133f41.jpg

1265b5302618.jpg

More Pics: http://www.scribd.com/doc/56918635/The-Allure-Images

There are very few places on the earth where history has moved so swiftly and there
are even fewer places where nature is present in its true colours. Swat has both. It is,
perhaps, a unique place which perfectly blends history, nature and culture into an attractive
tourism package. Here is a land which offers everything from beautiful colours, incredible
seasons, entertainment activities and hospitable people to breathtaking sights and serious
history.

Today Swat and its surroundings are completely free from militancy. The crime rate
is lowest as compared to the rest of the country. One can freely travel around and enjoy the
endless tranquility.

Today as one walks through the bustling bazaars of Mingora or treks through the
heights of Kalam or Piochar or fish trout in River Swat or walks through the plum orchards
of Barikot and Matta, he cannot believe that behind these scenes lie tales of blood and
sorrow. The people will greet you with smiles. They will treat you with their centuries old
hospitable traditions in which they take pride and if you would ask them about the turmoil
they endured they would just nod their heads and move on talking of the beauty of their
area, as if the bloody years were but a nightmare. This is what makes the beauty of Swat
galvanize. The resilience of beautiful people of the beautiful valley.

Surrounded by shimmering lakes, tempered with majestic mountains, blessed with
charming weather, jotted with snow filled scenery, bursting with unique culture and full of
friendly people Swat is a place like no other. It is the perfect example of an invigorating,
exciting and intoxicating place. It is dotted with beautiful snow covered mountains,
glistening lakes, and lush forests. The architectural allure of the swat with its medieval forts,
mosques and museums is bliss for inquisitive eyes. Thinking of Swat, many images are
evoked in our mind, such as breathtaking mountains, green fields, sparkling lakes, skiing,
fruit filled orchards and many, many more.

One can visit Swat at any time of the year. It is an exciting holiday destination for all
seasons. The summers are cool and refreshing and offer activities for every age group; be it
trekking in Baine Baba Ziarat, Apluri or Chakesar or stroll in the jungles or along the lakes
of Kalam for young adventures, fishing trout in Swat River or golf in Kabal for enthusiasts, a
lot of shopping for women in Mingora’s bustling bazars or exciting play grounds and parks
for kids in Mingora or Khawzakhela. The snowy winters are equally attractive with Skiing at
Malam Jabba and views of snow covered peaks in the valley. The autumns offer burning
colours of fall in least explored valleys of Piochar, Biha and Sakhra. And it is the spring
which present the most comprehensive package when one can enjoy everything and lose
track of days.

The valley is littered with history. The rock carvings Bhuddist Stupas, Hindu
temples, Muslim mosques, old military forts, sites of recent conflict and beautiful museums
at Chakdara and Mingora are enough to make a very serious historian fall in love with the
place.

The valley offers a wide variety of leisure Shopping. Semi precious stones like
emeralds from the mines of Mingora, hand woven shawls and blankets of Islampur and
Marghazar, old coins, local handicrafts, abundant dry fruit and woodworks all entice visitors
for spending. Shopping strolls in the Mingora bazaars are worth spending few days.
The pinnacles of natures charm are yours to discover. In the process the visitor is
enriched in his mind and heart. The lure of the nature and quite dignity the enliven of the
soul. Life would’nt be complete without exploring Swat.

Anybody who has visited Swat lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thread Xeric. Swat,Kashmir, himalayas, NE India , the whole belt is breathtakingly beautiful.

I have a question which I would like some body to answer me. How safe is Swat at the present time, because I would like to travel to Mingora into the emerald mines. From what I understand Swat is famous for its beauty and landscape, however it is a known throughout the world to have the most exceptional Emeralds. But this deposit has not been fully utilized because our own people don't have the technology to extract the emerald without damaging it, and no one in Pakistan has the abillity to cut the stone to international standards. Which is a shame because this can bring Swat hundreds of millions of dollars each year and benifit the ordinary people.

i been to swat few times. The yousufzai tribe of swat are fish and potatoe eating peaceful people.Dont know how it went wrong

I have a question which I would like some body to answer me. How safe is Swat at the present time, because I would like to travel to Mingora into the emerald mines. From what I understand Swat is famous for its beauty and landscape, however it is a known throughout the world to have the most exceptional Emeralds. But this deposit has not been fully utilized because our own people don't have the technology to extract the emerald without damaging it, and no one in Pakistan has the abillity to cut the stone to international standards. Which is a shame because this can bring Swat hundreds of millions of dollars each year and benifit the ordinary people.

I went to swat last year, around September. It is breath taking beautiful, do not worry about the security. It is far better then any city of Pakistan.

Anybody who has visited Swat lately?

I am working there in those areaz which were hit by flood and war....

like .. Miankaly..Piochar ..Chuprial...Gwalarai...Matta...Sherpalam...nazar Abad....Drushekhla...Rahatkot...Sakhara...BarShawar....And few more places..

Belive me Swat is the safest and peacefull place in our country rite now.....

Bcoz i saw ladies working with diffrent NGOz going alone to those sites which were once the center of those basterds taliban.Like PIOCHAR.

If you want any help u can contact me....

Hay every one there is a Car Race today in Swat organized by PAK ARMY. I saw flags of diffrent clubs..But i was sur[pirse to saw a bangladesi flag.Bangladesh was also written there on the flag.Well hope it will be a g00d RaCe.

Belive me Swat is the safest and peacefull place in our country rite now.....

Bcoz i saw ladies working with diffrent NGOz going alone to those sites which were once the center of those basterds taliban.Like PIOCHAR.

If you want any help u can contact me....

Thank you for your kind offer, at the moment I am in the UK but will consider coming to Pakistan in December, I will try to visit you in Swat.

Back
Top Bottom