What's new

The role of trains in the national economy? Why was the train 2 minutes late? Spent millions of dollars on research

....and what if it's direct from the horse's mouth?....

whose horse?

if you are going to post a YouTube video, you owe it to your fellow members to provide a short explanation of what the video is about. This can form the basis of an engagement. You can’t have a discussion about a YouTube link.

Moderators have previously deleted such threads and for a good reason: people flood the forum with such threads to divert views to their YouTube channels or to promote particular channel.

whose horse?

if you are going to post a YouTube video, you owe it to your fellow members to provide a short explanation of what the video is about. This can form the basis of an engagement. You can’t have a discussion about a YouTube link.

Moderators have previously deleted such threads and for a good reason: people flood the forum with such threads to divert views to their YouTube channels or to promote particular channel.

Thank you comrade, this perfectly makes sense.

Bundle of thank for your time and guidance. . . .

indeed
it's a great help.

Last edited:
It is an established fact that transportation infrastructure plays an extremely important role in improving the speed of the economic development of a country. Ease of physical connectivity between rural & urban areas and of urban areas with the seaports are ‘lifeline’ of the economic activity.

Nearly all the developed countries have a highly developed & sophisticated train & road network whereas underdeveloped countries these facilities are less efficient and sometimes lacking. I would especially place a good & efficient inter-city & intra-city train network as a key factor in determining the economic development level of a country. Even a city such as Dubai where nearly every has his own transport found it necessary to dish out $3.4-billion (AED 12..45 –billion) for constructing an overhead rapid transport rail network.

Pakistan is fortunate to have stuck with hindustani gauge.

I worked on a rail automation project once. Standard gauge is the most narrow gauge in common, if you don't count 1 meter rail that was once common in former British Africa.

1 meter gauge takes 80% energy from the locomotive to move an equivalent weight in cargo, because carriages have to be prohibitively narrow, and squat to no to topple. It's completely out of question to use the 1m gauge for any significant raw material transportation.

Standard gauge is the best for passenger transport, because it's around the smallest size in which you can have a comfortable cabin, and enough base to dampen oscillations.

Hindustani gauge is around 18-22% more energy efficient for cargo transport. Which means 18%-22% more cargo on a train with the same locomotive. Or it lets moving the same amount of cargo at a much higher speed, which is good for infrastructure utilisation.

Regret to say that Pakistan had inherited an efficient railway system from the British. During my student days, I was a frequent traveler between Lahore & Sargodha on the 'Mari Indus Express. I also traveled extensively on 'Chenab Express' which connected Rawalpindi with Karachi bypassing Lahore. However, since the return to democracy after the death of Zia, the Railway system has been allowed to go to the dogs.

My relations & friends tell me that these days they hardly ever use the railways as the trains are always late and there are too many accidents. A pity but sadly true.

Regret to say that Pakistan had inherited an efficient railway system from the British. During my student days, I was a frequent traveler between Lahore & Sargodha on the 'Mari Indus Express. I also traveled extensively on 'Chenab Express' which connected Rawalpindi with Karachi bypassing Lahore. However, since the return to democracy after the death of Zia, the Railway system has been allowed to go to the dogs.

My relations & friends tell me that these days they hardly ever use the railways as the trains are always late and there are too many accidents. A pity but sadly true.
not to say the embarrassment u face inside trains
i took my family in jinnah express
i thought it would be a pleasant experience but it was all rishwat and dhake
one high official told me why buy tickets give me 11k and save 11k
just imagine

Back
Top Bottom