What's new

The Rise of Mahmudur Rahman: Bangladesh Politics & Game Theory

I really hope what you are trying to say,logically a person like Mahmudur Rah man should stay out of our political rat race.but probability indicate something else.and what's wrong if some other political party forming by him or someone else's. Why it's always has to be AL or BNP?because if he stays this truthful in next BNP time is there any guaranty he will not end up in jail again?

Well, he did not join BNP, or create a new political party yet, so he is following the line that I mentioned. And he has also shown that he is not afraid to go to jail. If they kill him, he will be a martyr and shahid for standing up for truth and justice and we should honor him as a national hero.

I think he will continue to support anti-Hasina, anti-AL and anti-India forces and political parties and once they are in power, they may offer him a ministry just like before.

Starting a political party in a country like Bangladesh is a very big and also a bit dirty affair. So I am not sure a man like him is cut out for it.

If he joins BNP and bring some changes to internal management of BNP, for example, making it more democratic, less dictatorial and less dependent on one dynastic family, that will also be a great contribution to democratic institution of Bangladesh.

He can also create a small political party of his own and join the BNP-Jamaat led alliance. It all depends on his personal preference and decision making.

It is not a matter of standing commitee or challange KZ , Think it from a grater point of view . It is a matter of plitical polarization . MR is not a party member of BNP . He politely denied to join BNP though he is a well wisher of Zia family . Tarique Zia is in exile & he is not acceptable to all sectors for many reasons , KZ is tired & her party is dependend on Jamath for any successfull movement . Zia orphanage trust case is on her shoulder . For grater interest of Nationalists force MR may be a safe option for Madum KZ till TZ come .

What you are asking is challenging the royal families of BD. not possible and he will be terminated.

This is nothing but a pathetic attempt to pit BNP against Mahmudur Rahman. And these people, projonmo class writing these bs are out of touch as far as general mass is concern.

The argument in the piece is quite intriguing and suggests that the present imbalance in our political structures is creating a vacuum in which opportunities are being created for new leadership to arise outside the existing political party system. At first I assumed that the article may be an attempt to divide the political opposition and weaken the support base for Mahmudur Rahman. However, reading further the writer does make some pertinent and valid points and there is no doubt that Mahmudur Rahman is an ambitious man. Essentially it is the weakness of the BNP that has allowed this situation to arise and speculation is bound to occur in such a volatile situation. Personally I am doubtful that Mahmudur Rahman can become a national leader as suggested in the article as he is too eccentric, arrogant and polarizing. He can only succeed in this ambition if the entire political elite is vanquished in a fight to the death and the Islamic elements come out on top without anyone left on the field. I do not think that would necessarily be a good thing for the country as unlimited and uninhibited power concentrated in one group will eventually corrupt no matter how moral and honest they may originally be when obtaining power. It is also a fact that the Islamic forces are not all united and when all the other political factions have been eliminated it is very likely the Islamists will fight amongst themselves. It is also inevitable that in such a scenario the Indians will not hesitate to intervene so in the end there will not be any eventual winner but a continual and bloody conflict.

BS article. Mahmudur Rhaman made it clear that he doesn't have any political ambition. There is a thing call integrity that some people still possess which doesn't necessarily mean that they would be ambitious. He did criticism of BNP out of good intentions as he was not satisfied with their policies and this shows his neutrality and integrity as a journalist. He is not someone who would bring forth division in the nationalist and islamic force for the sake of ambition that too in such a desperate testing times for the nation. He already proved that he is way smarter than that.

Mahmudur cant even make it to the BNP standing committee let alone challenging KZ

He never was in politics to begin with. Where does he being in standing committee even come from.

because if he stays this truthful in next BNP time is there any guaranty he will not end up in jail again?

Yes there is no such guarantee and yes he will definitely write the truth about a future BNP administration as well. But U can have hope as BNP never arrested press editors let alone do such inhuman oppression like Awami fagots. They could have easily banned awami alo and bullshit star as there were plenty of legal grounds for that. Don't forget the amount of shlt awami outlets could write in BNP times about the gov. AL in fact closed down plenty of media outlets even in 96 while BNP closed none in their administrative history. Awami fagots have a thing for Bakshal and facism and BNP won't come close to it in a zillion years IMO. There can simply be no comparison.

Here is the wiki article on Mahmudur Rahman:

Mahmudur Rahman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early life

Mahmudur Rahman was born in Comilla, Bangladesh,[12] his mother is Mahmuda Begum.[13] He received his Bachelor of Chemical Engineering in 1977 from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.[12][14] After working in engineering in Japan, he returned to earn a graduate diploma in Ceramic Engineering. He also earned an M.B.A. from the Institute of Business Administration, Dhaka University.
He married Firoza Khan, the daughter of Harunur Rashid Khan Monno. The latter has been politically affiliated with the BNP since independence.[12]

Business career

Rahman started his career as an operational engineer at British Oxygen, a major British-owned gas company. He also worked in Munnu Ceramics, Duncan Brothers, Shinepukur Ceramics, Beximco Group, and Padma Textile, including some years in Japan.[12]
After returning to Bangladesh, Rahman started and developed his own company, Artisan Ceramics Limited in 1999.[12] It was the first bone china plant in the country and a technological breakthrough.[15]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know enough about him, but he has sufficient education and professional experience to head the country, if the situation desires it. And obviously there can be no comparison between him and the two begums, granted our KZ lady is much better, at least she is not pro-India, like Hasina Madam.

But due to practical necessity, he has to work with BNP led alliance. No third party headed by him is recommended or desired and I am sure its not planned by him.

Back
Top Bottom