What's new

The Rise of Mahmudur Rahman: Bangladesh Politics & Game Theory

azbaroj

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The Rise of Mahmudur Rahman: Bangladesh Politics & Game Theory
by Zia Hassan, translated from Bengali by AlalODulal.org (original Bengali at end)
(Both Bengali & English version is available in the link ).

(Though I am not agree with the conclusion of the writer but here he pointed out some fact about the recent political scenario of Bangladesh . I think Mahmudur Rahman is the unchallanged leader of recent Patriotic movement , Bangladeshi Nationals has get their next leader ) .

The Rise of Mahmudur Rahman

Mahmudur Rahman. The country’s most divisive figure. And the country is clearly divided. Mahmudur Rahman is the unchallenged leader of one side of that division. BNP is now only a side-show. And I don’t think BNP realizes that yet. When BNP calls hartal, 50 kids stand, laugh, and give slogans. But when Mahmudur Rahman organized a crowd, almost 500,000 showed up. Mahmudur Rahman was not the excuse for that crowd, he called them. Look closely, Mahmudur Rahman broke his hunger strike yesterday at whose request? Allama Shafi.

BNP thinks, Mahmudur is standing with their support?? Sorry dear.

The forces are with Mahmudur Rahman now (quoting Star Wars).

Tareque Zia is in exile. In last three months, so much water went down the Brahmaputra, bit we didn’t even feel the presence of Tarique. Khaleda Zia, is weighed down by makeup. Coco is always high on cocaine. Who is Zubaida Rahman, that Khaleda wants to set into the field. The public accepted Khaleda as the wife of President Zia with his image of honesty. But would they by default accept the wife of Khamba-thief Tarique Zia’s wife by default? It’s not so sure.

Bangladesh public totally fed up by Awami oppression.

So who is left? Who is government’s biggest opposition?

That person’s name is Mahmudur Rahman. And if you think he has no ambition, you are mistaken. because, every person in Bangladesh, all the way down to the person working in your house, thinks they can run the country better than these two unqualified women. That same thought could be in Mahmudur Rahman’s head.

And Mahmudur Rahman’s history shows that he has never shown absolute loyalty to Khaleda Zia or BNP.

There’s an article of his circulating on net, I think the title is “Khlaeda Zia has nothing left, BNP is finished.”

Now if he wanted to come as a new political party, he would get the Hefazat types, the nationalist types, and those who do not consider Tarique a viable alternative because of his history of corruption. All these forces combined are a big group in Bangladesh.
If this equilibrium is disturbed, both sides try to get back to a stable condition; so they can continue to harm each other equally.

If there is an imbalance, it cannot be sustained for very long.

Now, apply this equation to AL and BNP. They each chop the other, put them in jail, make them disappear. They do it in a way that their empire should collapse. But instead the two parties have been in equilibrium for 20 years.

But in more recent times, the equilibrium is breaking. AL has continuously pushed their own people into police, pushed their own people into special BCS cadre, given licensed arms to terror cadres of their own party, handed over all national wealth to their party people. Their strength keeps increasing.

On the other hand, BNP is leaderless and growing weaker. So the Nash Equilibrium is breaking. In order to return it to equilibrium, new forces keep peering out, and we have to see which of them will last.

That is why sometimes Nagarik Shakti’s Mahmudur Rahman Manna makes sound sound. In Prothom Alo, Dr Yunus’ brother Md Jahangir says the youth need to organize. Hefazat got organized. Ahle Sunniyat gave a call. Mahi B announced the call of Blue Band. When Shahbag stood up, I was one of those who said: expand your message. If you got the change to grab control of the car, don’t be satisfied with just the handle. But they did not do that, and why they did not is explained in thousands of Facebook notes.

But of all the forces that stood up in this time, none showed the level of ambition, or became as powerful a force as Mahmudur Rahman.

BNP lacks leadership and is in limbo. The nationalists are looking for a voice, a leader. With Mahmudur Rahman now is Hefazat– who seem strong after the April 5th show-down. Jamaat, cornered by Shahbag is ready to make Mahmudur Rahman their qibla at any moment.

Now if Mahmudur Rahman decides to dump BNP and advance on his own, it’s a dangerous situation for AL. Because there’s a huge difference between the nationalism of Mahmudur Rahman, and the nationalism of BNP.

Those who think BNP is a right-wing party, you have not yet seen what can be ultra right-wing.

And as a person, Mahmdur Rahman has very strong principles. Look at his hunger strike. It was to demand that the case against his mother, and against Daily Sangram be lifted. A very principled position, he did not go on strike to ask that charges against him be lifted. His supporters give him separate credit for this.

Mahmudur Rahman served jail before this as well. For “contempt of court.” When any other newspaper editor in Bangladesh was dragged to court on these charges, they begged forgiveness to escape a jail sentence. But not Mahmudur Rahman.

You may not like him, and therefore ignore him– but you cannot cancel him. Already Mahmudur Rahman has risen as a credible force. Hefazat’s 500,000 man rally surprised everyone. It showed us that the song and story that our media feeds us day and night is not the whole– there is a huge community that falls outside this tale. And Mahmudur Rahman has been able to grab the pulse of that community.

AL may not study game theory, but they are fully aware of Mahmudur Rahman’s strength.

What AL does not understand is that if you keep acquiring unlimited power, and break the spine of a political party that is just as unprincipled and corrupt as you, eventually that will destroy the political equilibrium. And this will bring about the destruction of the AL itself. Whether it is through Mahmudur Rahman or Mahmudur Rahman Manna, Mahi B or Hefajat or Ahle Sunniyat.

To save itself, it is urgent for AL to help BNP to survive. But will power-blind AL understand that in time?

The Rise of Mahmudur Rahman: Bangladesh Politics & Game Theory | ALAL O DULAL

If this article holds a little bit of truth about our political party's future,then yes as a Bangladeshi with a conscious I welcome Mahmudur Rah man as the 3rd power in our political field.what ever he's personal ambition may be ,if in the long run it frees us from AL and BNP s dirty killing politics, and save Bangladesh from the doom and darkness spread by AL and BNP,then I am all with him.

pure bullshit. mahmudur rahman is bnp.... yes mahmudur rahman has become the symbol of unity among anti-hasina forces.

i have joined few street protests for that guy. dictatorship of mahmudur rahman is far better than hasina party.

He is good at whatever he does. Lately he was involved in Propaganda.. and he did an excellent job for BNP.

He is good at whatever he does. Lately he was involved in Propaganda.. and he did an excellent job for BNP.

You did't come to my point , his job was not for BNP but against Fascism & Awami oppression . What is the opposition scenarioo ? BNP , Hefajath , Jamath , JP etc they can't tolerate each other but they take Mahmudur Rahman as their unchallanged Master Voice . Mahmudur Rahman is the unchallenged leader of BNP lead opposition & other opposition parties . To speak the truth BNP lost their ability to arrange a successfull hartal without Jamath Shibir & BNP was sinking under the Gonojagoran Manch , It is Mahmudur Rahman who gave rebirth to the Nationalist Movement . What he did he didn't do only for BNP but also for all nationalists . By his contribution , his firm determination , devotion & honesty he proved himself as the Light House of Nationalist Movement , our unchallanged upcoming leader . Here is something to consider ,
1 . Now BNP & Khaleda Zia in a weaker position .
2 . She don't want that AL come to power again .
3 . She has no ability to deny Jamath & Hefajath .
4 . If AL is in power Tareq Zia willnot get ground to step his foot on BD .
5 . For Hefajath & other Islamic Parties it is the golden time to expell ****** women leadership from power .

So what is waiting next .

pure bullshit. mahmudur rahman is bnp.... yes mahmudur rahman has become the symbol of unity among anti-hasina forces.

i have joined few street protests for that guy. dictatorship of mahmudur rahman is far better than hasina party.

& also much more better than Begum Party .

Rise of Mahmudur Rahman ? :blink: how much he will be tall ? :undecided: i thought at his age people do not get more tall, only in early age :P

You did't come to my point , his job was not for BNP but against Fascism & Awami oppression . What is the opposition scenarioo ? BNP , Hefajath , Jamath , JP etc they can't tolerate each other but they take Mahmudur Rahman as their unchallanged Master Voice . Mahmudur Rahman is the unchallenged leader of BNP lead opposition & other opposition parties . To speak the truth BNP lost their ability to arrange a successfull hartal without Jamath Shibir & BNP was sinking under the Gonojagoran Manch , It is Mahmudur Rahman who gave rebirth to the Nationalist Movement . What he did he didn't do only for BNP but also for all nationalists . By his contribution , his firm determination , devotion & honesty he proved himself as the Light House of Nationalist Movement , our unchallanged upcoming leader . Here is something to consider ,
1 . Now BNP & Khaleda Zia in a weaker position .
2 . She don't want that AL come to power again .
3 . She has no ability to deny Jamath & Hefajath .
4 . If AL is in power Tareq Zia willnot get ground to step his foot on BD .
5 . For Hefajath & other Islamic Parties it is the golden time to expell ****** women leadership from power .

So what is waiting next .

You are tooo naive...

Rise of Mahmudur Rahman ? :blink: how much he will be tall ? :undecided: i thought at his age people do not get more tall, only in early age :P
Atleast athiests & their suporters know how much tall Mahmudur Rahman is , he proved himself . Please don't put some scttered words , discuss logically what you want to say .

Mahmudur cant even make it to the BNP standing committee let alone challenging KZ

It is not a matter of standing commitee or challange KZ , Think it from a grater point of view . It is a matter of plitical polarization . MR is not a party member of BNP . He politely denied to join BNP though he is a well wisher of Zia family . Tarique Zia is in exile & he is not acceptable to all sectors for many reasons , KZ is tired & her party is dependend on Jamath for any successfull movement . Zia orphanage trust case is on her shoulder . For grater interest of Nationalists force MR may be a safe option for Madum KZ till TZ come .

Its an interesting development. My personal opinion is that Mahmudur Rahman, regardless of his popularity, should stay out of electoral politics and not join any political party.

His popularity, I think, is because he speaks the truth. He needs to do that against BNP as well when BNP comes to power.

People of Bangladesh need more reliable and truthful voices than party politicians.

Its an interesting development. My personal opinion is that Mahmudur Rahman, regardless of his popularity, should stay out of electoral politics and not join any political party.

His popularity, I think, is because he speaks the truth. He needs to do that against BNP as well when BNP comes to power.

People of Bangladesh need more reliable and truthful voices than party politicians.

I really hope what you are trying to say,logically a person like Mahmudur Rah man should stay out of our political rat race.but probability indicate something else.and what's wrong if some other political party forming by him or someone else's. Why it's always has to be AL or BNP?because if he stays this truthful in next BNP time is there any guaranty he will not end up in jail again?

Back
Top Bottom