What's new

The Real Reason Why India Does Not Actually Want More Su-30MKI Fighters

Jf 17 and f-16 can see and lock flankers at 2x distance as compared to flankers (su-30/35) because of over all size width and height of aircraft. They see f-16 very late in battle and jf-17 even later.

200 km tracking ability and 120 km lock on at 90% kill probability if the speeds are correct. Its very very hard for flankers to fly alone so they need small aircraft lile tejas and mig 21 in formation to survive.

Once these small single engine offensive aircraft and neutralized su-30/35 has no option but to run away because it is a big bulls eye in the sky very big and easy to hit.
I would like to quote this post at anytime.. This is not a fanboy or internet warrior claim based on brochure specs..

At General Dynamics we did a study of Flankers and its impact on our Business Development efforts internationally and the results surprised us.

We need to be very careful when comparing Flankers with other aircrafts. Realistically, it is one of the best if not the best among the 4th gen. brood.

I will try penning down a post based on the lessons learnt.

We can put BVR capable F-16s and JF-17 against any aircraft in the Indian inventory but SU-30 is a beast which will not be easy to kill. Though US has devised scenerios to confront and tame it if and when needed.

India plans to procure F-16s hence will no longer procure any more Russian fighters.

India plans to procure F-16s hence will no longer procure any more Russian fighters.

When the world decides to ditch the 47 year old f-16/f-21 india decides to buy it and learn it for jext 5 to 10 years... Only a vintage mind would agree to this. I think they will go for rafale and more flankers.

Back
Top Bottom