QayPKKH

PKKH.tv
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Quranic Text & Our Seculars | PKKH.tv

0Quran-450x300.jpg

PKKH Editorial

“There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.” (2:256)

This is the Quranic iyah, widely quoted by the Pakistani liberal/secular lot to further their stance, but only its first part. We hear almost all of our secular/liberals quoting it in confirmation of the confidence they have in their belief as to that ‘Islam does not expect its followers to actually follow it’. This editorial is going to sound shaky at places, but the reason for that is not that the ground under our feet is quaking, but because we are trying to uncover an opponent submerged in a quicksand of falsehood warped in conjecture.

Any firm believer of the Quran or any serious reader of the Book, without much exegesis, can apprehend with ease the plain morphology presented by the Quranic grammer in this iyah; which is saying in other words that no one is to be forced into believing Islam, and/but Allah has made clear the right path, Islam; clearly setting it apart from falsehood, so that now, after the Quran, the truth cannot be merged into falsehood. And those who choose to believe will be in everlasting strength with their Lord.

But the excellent example of using a text out-of-context is exhibited by our liberal/seculars, who mean to say that they believe that Allah is saying here something like, ‘there is no compulsion in religion, Allah is happy in whatever you believe’ (may Allah guide them back from extreme sin). This vicious exercise is hilariously for those who understand and stupefying for those who would give-in to such logic. The iyah preceding this iyah is the well-rehearsed Iyat-ul-Kursi, which gives a clear testament of the unique God of the Quran, having highly personalized qualities and the iyah following this iyah is again clearly stating that, ‘…of those who reject faith their patrons are the evil ones: they expel them from light and into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein forever.’

So it is clear now; it is upon the free-will to choose between Allah or its self-proclaimed gods, but it is upon Allah to react to this act of free-will, and He has expressed His deterrence as to how He will deal with His criminals. Therefore this iyah of the Quran, is in no way legitimizing for the state to become secular or accept a mind-set whereby it is equal for anyone to believe this or that; the state on the other hand is deemed to declare itself Islamic and create a government structure on the constructs of the Islamic ideals and law. It is incumbent upon the Islamic government to facilitate and enhance Islamic values in its jurisdiction, and constantly culture its populace under ‘Amer bil maroof wal nahhi un il munkir’, i.e. ‘command the right and forbid the wrong’. This structure is at war with the secular ideal, which deems that the government declares to be a godless machine, only meant for creating and sustaining the economy, services and infrastructure of the country, while each individual is free to choose his/her own god. Perhaps another chapter will have to be written to explain how totally different will the godless system of government be from the Islamic system of government, but it may suffice to state here that a government without God, inevitably becomes its own god, and quickly casts into a machine subservient to the beholders of its reigns.

Another highly quoted statement from the Quran as a favourite of the liberals is, ‘Lkum deen ukum wa lia deeni’. This iyah is from the surah Alkafiroon, in this very short surah, it is commanded to the Prophet s.a.w to declare to the non-believers that he will never enslave onto their false gods/ideas and neither does he need them to enslave onto his God (Allah), and that henceforth for them is their god and for him is his. It is amazing to see how the liberal/seculars can use the iyah for exactly the opposite meaning it originally intended. Whereas it is obvious in reading this surah that it was a declaration by the Prophet that he will henceforth be aloof of the well-being of the disbelievers and that he and the Muslims will be a separate party now, uninterested in reconciliation, at war with them; like they say ‘either you are with us or against us’. But the liberals mean to use it in the sense as if the Prophet meant to say something like, ‘for you is your religion, for me is mine and we will both live in friendly peace’.

This is extreme degeneration on part of those who boast to be open-minded, scientific and aimed at liberating humanity of foul dogma; how are they using Quranic text in this manner of twists and fraudulence, distorting the meanings out of context; if they have a logical reasoning of their own, we might be ready to lend an ear, but lying on our face regarding our own text, is attestation only of their pervert mind-set and a belief that it is all right to use falsehood to convince people on their falsehood.

Source

I would summarize 'No compulsion in Islam' this way.

There is no compulsion to force someone into Islam, if willingly accepted, you have to play by the rules of Islam. Then there is compulsion. You cant say I want to play hockey but I will apply rules of basketball. It just does not work that way.

If you call yourself Muslim, you cant apply your own or socially accepted norms and say 'there is no compulsion in Islam'. There is.

I would summarize 'No compulsion in Islam' this way.

There is no compulsion to force someone into Islam, if willingly accepted, you have to play by the rules of Islam. Then there is compulsion. You cant say I want to play hockey but I will apply rules of basketball. It just does not work that way.

If you call yourself Muslim, you cant apply your own or socially accepted norms and say 'there is no compulsion in Islam'. There is.

That's all very fine except for an inherent contradiction. As stated by you, those who do not wish to follow rules must be permitted to go play some other game of their choice. However, here is a case of people not being permitted to leave even if they no longer wish to play the game. Rules should apply only to those willing to play. Those wishing to play some other game must be allowed to do so. A second point is that rules of a game are only valid for players of that game. There is no game around where people minding their own business or playing other games are held to account by the rules framed for a game that they did not sign up for.

but there can be two different games here, when you are inside an Islamic state you play according to its rules, i.e. you don't upset its big game, however on single person basis you are allowed to play your own game, as long as you don't spoil the big game.

hi, i'm new here

Back
Top Bottom