What's new

The perilous journey of Man Singh Kachwaha through Khyber pass

I have read in Wikipedia article that flag of Jaipur was changed to Pachranga (five colours) to commemorate victory over five Afghan tribes and that he brought "peace" to the region. I can understand that dangerous journey of Man Singh through Khyber pass while going to Kabul and Peshawar, was so overwhelming experience for Man Singh but all he did was force his way through blacked Khyber pass. He was not the only one, numerous armies passing through this pass were harassed like this. The Jalala and his supporters could not be defeated, years after this event, they demonstrated their power by capturing Ghazni and laying siege to Kabul city. The details of this part of history comes from darbari historian of Akbar, its Mughal version, but even he tells us that Man Singh didnt have the courage to through this experience again, he didnt participated in the next mountainous campaign against Roshnais (which proves that part about subduing tribes in Wikipedia is incorrect and is merely nationalistic exaggeration and boasting) after this even even he was ordered to do so. He was recalled and sent to Bihar.

Was Man Singh a Pakistani Rajput?
Yes if you consider Maharashtra as part of Pakistan :D He was Indian Hindu Rajput but dont know how Indian views his alliances with Mughal against Rana partab. Indian criticise the marriage of Muslim Rajputs with mughals (which is more valid as per Islamic laws )but they dont realize that it was his grandfather Raja Bharmal who was among the first Hindu rajput who married his daughter to a Mughal..I am sure you wtached the moovie Jodha akbar and she later became the mother of Emperor Jahangir.

Well Sir I consider Maharashtra to be a part of Maharashtra. I am from the Maharashtrian country. I follow Maharastrian religion.

Rajputs loved Muslims more than fellow Hindus. Mughal could not have ruled ithout their support. Pakistanis of IVC love Mughals. There many Rajputs in Pakistan as well. Shouldn't the Pakistanis claim Rajput history as their own like IVC?
Maharashtra is not a country but state of India and what is this Maharastrian religion? You are wrong. Hindus consider those rajputs as traitor who made political alliances with Muslim rulers/invaders. They will say that Jodha bhi was raped by Mughal rather than using civilise word marriage lol . History of sub-continent is complex and to judge hisory from Pakistani or Indian/ Muslim or Hindu perspective or looking at it in context of this TWO nation theory would not make any sense. Rajputs often fought against each others . If you read the history of salt photohar region of Pakistan then different clans of Rajputs(Janjuas vs gakhars) fought against each others for control/authority even when they were all Muslim but some aided Mughal and some aided and made alliances with Afghans. We should only claim what we are doing and what we have done :D

Back
Top Bottom