What's new

The Palestinians and the Holocaust

O.K, you're in outer space somewhere, but Jerusalem was a Jewish city for over a thousand years and save for two centuries of the Roman period Jews dominated its life up to the Muslim conquest, and even beyond.

Sounds like an acknowledgement of racism to me.

Thanks mostly to the Turks. I don't give Arabs much credit for this.

I recall reading that the Jews who were tossed out of Egypt after 1949 had warm memories of their neighbors. It must be dismaying for them that children of the people they were friends with them have been inculcated with blind hatred in their absence - much of it supported by Saudi Arabia, of course.

On the one hand you claim the Jews of Israel mostly aren't part of the region, and on the other you boast that Arabs are more diverse than Israel. Can't claim both, dude.

You just use "apartheid" as a buzz-word. You don't know what it means, nor can you evaluate the difference in experience between those who lived under apartheid and those who live in Israel. Do some research and don't always stand up for the ridiculous racism of your leaders; that's one of the tricks they have to keep you under their thumb.

An invention of the past sixty years or so for the purpose of sustaining Jew-hatred. Until the 1950s the term "Palestinian" referred only to Jews. The Jerusalem Post was called The Palestine Post. Fifteen Arab villages in the area sent notes to the Versaille Conference that they were not "Palestinian" but "southern Syrians".

I've seen it. I've seen the hate of the Arabs and the humanity of the Jews. Lots of Arabs know about it, too. It's long past time for the old shibboleths to fall away and the truth acknowledged: Israel and what it stands for is good, and tyrants of the Arabs stand for what is bad, and it's the example of Israel that needs to be promoted as a good to aspire to, rather than something to be vilified.

Quote my entire post. Don't act like a cretin deliberately or change my posts.

False. Al-Quds is not a Jewish city originally. That is a fact. It has been Muslim as long as it has been Jewish. Jews were never a majority as long as Al-Quds was under Muslim rule.

History of Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway since you are an American you are nearly expected to be clueless when it comes to history so I don't blame you but as an supposed Jew that is embarrassing.

No, just a genetic fact. A fact that hurts you.

No, those were Arab lands inhabited by Arabs. Ottomans (not Turks) only controlled parts of the Arab world and they did not control Morocco at all. Fail again. Nor most of Yemen aside from a small period.
Oh, and Jews lived in the Arab world long before the word Turk existed or Turks had settled in the ME.

Well they are still Jewish Arabs. Not going to change nor do they or can they hate their ancestral lands.

Of course I can. The problem is that most of the Israelis are not native aside from the Israeli Arabs. I am talking about Arab countries where native people are living side by side with other native people or peoples that have lived in Arab country x or y for centuries. Long before anybody had heard about Israel.

Israel is a de facto apartheid state. Listen to the excellent speech of Noam Chomsky - another Jew. The video I linked to.

Bunch of nonsense. The name of Palestine is a ancient name.

History of Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, and everyone sees the Jewish hatred for anything Arab, Muslim and non-Jewish. Just ask the Palestinians that have suffered from 67 years of occupation and oppresion.

Or just the Black Jews or African migrants.​

Solomon, don't start on what WAS what, that way all White people will have to go back to Europe from the countries of the New World. The fact is, you cannot come to someone's country and force them off their land in order to grab it for yourself, just because you are stronger than the natives.

Solomon, don't start on what WAS what, that way all White people will have to go back to Europe from the countries of the New World. The fact is, you cannot come to someone's country and force them off their land in order to grab it for yourself, just because you are stronger than the natives.

Well a few facts here. Jews are not native to Israel. Neither according to their own history or their religious scripts. Al-Quds is not a Jewish city originally but a Canaanite city. Also a Semitic people but Arabs and Jews are cousins as well but this is irrelevant here.

Arab Palestinians were the majority of what is modern-day Israel, Palestine and al-Quds for 1350 years. As long as Jews were the majority historically.

Many of the modern-day Israelis are not native to what is now Israel and Palestine.

Genetically speaking the average Palestinian is more "native" than the average Israeli.

Anyway there is no point arguing with this old cretin. He is an extremist American Zionist that is unaware of the history of the region. A region he claims ancestral ties to. He also has a habit, as seen in this thread, of trying to alter what the opposition is writing in this case trying to change my posts or only quoting parts of my posts (unrelated to the entire sentence).

Even US secretary of state is mentioning the word apartheid now.

Or is Kerry an anti-semite as well? lol

By the same John Kerry who is actually Jewish on his father's side. Now we have posted videos of 2-3 well-known Jews who are sharply criticizing Israel's policies. Coincidence? Don't think so.

It was discovered in early 2003 by genealogist Felix Gundacker[4] that Kerry's paternal grandparents, Austrian-born shoe merchant Frederick A. "Fred" Kerry (May 11, 1873 – November 23, 1921) and Hungarian-born musician Ida Lowe (February 20, 1877 – January 19, 1960), had changed their names from "Fritz and Ida Kohn" to "Frederick and Ida Kerry" in 1900 and converted from Judaism to Catholicism in 1901[5][6] or 1902[7] They were baptized at the same time as their infant son Eric. Fritz' brother Otto also embraced Catholicism and took on the "Kerry" name.[4][6] The "Kerry" name, widely misinterpreted as indicative of Irish heritage, was reputedly selected arbitrarily: "According to family legend, Fritz and another family member opened an atlas at random and dropped a pencil on a map. It fell on County Kerry in Ireland, and thus a name was chosen."[5][7] Leaving their hometown Mödling, a suburb of Vienna where they had lived since 1896, Fred, Ida, and Eric emigrated to the United States in 1905, living at first in Chicago and eventually moving to Brookline, Massachusetts, by 1915.[5]

The village where Fritz Kohn was born was at that time known as Bennisch and was a part of Silesia in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, but is today known as Horní Benešov in the Czech Republic. After learning of his ancestral connection with their village, the mayor and citizens sent congratulatory correspondence to John Kerry with regard to his political pursuits.[6] For a time, Fred Kerry was prosperous and successful in shoe business. He and Ida along with their children Eric (born c. 1901), Mildred (born 1910), and Richard (who would become the father of John Kerry) were able to afford to travel to Europe in the autumn of 1921, returning on October 21. A few weeks later, on November 15, Fred Kerry filed a will leaving everything to Ida and then, on November 23, walked into a washroom of the Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston and committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a handgun. The suicide was front-page news in all of the Boston newspapers, reporting at the time that the motive was severe asthma and related health problems, but modern reports cite family sources saying that the motive was financial trouble: "He had made three fortunes and when he had lost the third fortune, he couldn't face it anymore", according to granddaughter Nancy Stockslager.[5] John Kerry has said that although he knew his paternal grandfather had come from Austria, he did not know until informed by The Boston Globe on the basis of their genealogical research that Fred Kerry had changed his name from "Fritz Kohn" and had been born Jewish,[7] nor that Ida Kerry's brother Otto and sister Jenni had died in Nazi concentration camps.[4]

John Kerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either Jews hate themselves or there is a real problem here.

Last edited:
Well a few facts here. Jews are not native to Israel. Neither according to their own history or their religious scripts. Al-Quds is not a Jewish city originally but a Canaanite city. Also a Semitic people but Arabs and Jews are cousins as well but this is irrelevant here.

Arab Palestinians were the majority of what is modern-day Israel, Palestine and al-Quds for 1350 years. As long as Jews were the majority historically.

Many of the modern-day Israelis are not native to what is now Israel and Palestine.

Genetically speaking the average Palestinian is more "native" than the average Israeli.

Anyway there is no point arguing with this old cretin. He is an extremist American Zionist that is unaware of the history of the region. A region he claims ancestral ties to. He also has a habit, as seen in this thread, of trying to alter what the opposition is writing in this case trying to change my posts or only quoting parts of my posts (unrelated to the entire sentence).

By the same John Kerry who is actually Jewish on his father's side. Now we have posted videos of 2-3 well-known Jews who are sharply criticizing Israel's policies. Coincidence? Don't think so.

John Kerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either Jews hate themselves or there is a real problem here.

Even ordinary American Jews are showing signs of waning support for Israel. This has to do a lot with demographics. Young American Jews are assimilating to much larger extent and are by virtue far more liberal than the older generation. The older generation of Jews are quite tribal and hence their uncondtional support for apartheid Israel. You will see that most of AIPAC members are older Jews and who have a disgusting tribalism attitude.

Israel is turning more right wing politically, and more fanatical (ultra orthodox) religiously, due to the extreme high birth rates of the ultra orthodox. Even African refugees are condemned and prominent Israeli politicians are openly calling for them to get expelled, even if its against international law.
I actually think that this is a dangerous situation.
Israel is like the frog in boiling water. If you put a frog in boiling water, it will immediately react and jump out. But if you put the frog in cold water and gradually heat it, the frog will cook to death. The latter is Israel. They dont realise themselves how extremely racist and right wing they have become, becuse they are in the water that is gradually being heated up. Eventually its going to get so unbearable and extreme that the world will sanction it like a pariah, much like the apartheid in South Africa.

And the gap between American Jews and Israeli society is bound to increase, its inevitable.

the-atlantic-logo.jpg

A Palestinian Student Defends Her Visit to Auschwitz
“It is impossible for me to make believe that there was no human tragedy perpetrated against millions of Jews and non-Jews.”
Zeina M. Barakat
Apr 28 2014, 11:35 AM ET

lead.jpg

A view of the former Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau. (Kacper Pempel/Reuters)

In March, I was one of 27 Palestinian students who visited the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps with Professor Mohammed S. Dajani Daoudi. When we returned from Poland, the condemnation of our trip—and of Professor Dajani himself—in the media, and on Facebook and Twitter, was deafening. Equally deafening was the silence of my fellow travelers, who were so cowed into muteness by the virulence of the criticism that only a couple came to Professor Dajani’s defense.

As the coordinator of the Palestinian team, I am now breaking this silence.

al-Wasatia,” which means “moderation” in Arabic. The weeklong trip to Poland was funded by the German Research Foundation. Al-Quds University played no role in the program.
When we Palestinians returned from the unprecedented visit, a voyage that broke historic barriers of ignorance and misunderstanding, we were welcomed not with thanks and congratulations but with an explosion of criticism. Professor Dajani was the target of especially vicious attack by extreme Palestinian nationalists, who accused him of “selling out” to the Jews.

As an educator, Professor Dajani’s purpose in having his students learn about the Holocaust is to broaden their understanding of the psyche of “the other.” This builds upon a line from To Kill a Mockingbird that I remember him showing us in American culture class years ago. In the film, Atticus Finch turns to his daughter Scout and says: “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” It is the same idea that the Japanese call oyakudachi, which means, “walking in the shoes of the other.” Professor Dajani emphasized the importance of looking at the other person as if you are the other person. Only then can you truly understand how that person feels and why. Beyond this educational purpose, there was no political agenda to our trip.

645418c66.jpg

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu looks at the Book of Names, which contains 4.2 million names of Jews killed during the Holocaust, at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Poland. (Peter Andrews/Reuters)
As a doctoral student, it is impossible for me to make believe that there was no human tragedy perpetrated against millions of Jews and non-Jews during the Second World War. The Holocaust is a fact, and we all have a sacred responsibility to ensure that it never happens again to Jews or any other group. I believe our trip made a big crack in the Palestinian wall of ignorance and indifference about the Holocaust. The recent statement by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas recognizing the Holocaust as the “most heinous crime” against humanity in modern history made another crack. Perhaps one day soon this wall will collapse.

I was born in Jerusalem in an Arab culture that, to put it mildly, ignores the Holocaust and avoids discussing it. As a young girl, I had to overcome social and educational restrictions to learn more about these closed chapters of history. Not only were books on the subject unavailable, but we were told that our responsibility as Palestinians was to memorize only what teachers told us, so as to reinforce our collective memory of loss and grievance and support our national identity and quest for a homeland.

Our experience reminds me of Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave.” The great philosopher asks you to imagine that you have been imprisoned all your life in a dark cave, with your hands and feet shackled and your head restrained so that you can only look at the wall in front of you. Behind you is a blazing fire, and between you and the fire there is a walkway where others move back and forth. The shadows cast on the wall by those objects are the only things you see. Those shadows become your reality. Suppose you are released from your shackles and freed to walk around the cave. Dazzled at first by the fire, you would gradually come to understand the origin of the shadows that you thought were real. Finally, you are allowed out of the cave and into the sunlit world, where you see the fullness of reality. But if you go back to the cave and tell others what you saw, will they believe you? No, they will condemn you. That is what happened to us, the Palestinian students who dared to visit Auschwitz. We simply left the cave.

Some of Professor Dajani’s colleagues believe this entire exercise has been a curse, given the attacks and criticism we have suffered since we returned home. Yet Professor Dajani, the eternal optimist, sees only a blessing in what we have done. We have opened a crack in the wall of ignorance. We have made Palestinians talk publicly about a topic that was once taboo.

Last edited:
Nice comedy. 90% of the current Al-Quds including its most holy site (Al-Aqsa Mosque) has been built by Arabs.

Nor is Al-Quds a Jewish city historically. It's a Canaanite city. FACT. Nor are Jews native to Israel neither according to history or their own scriptures.

It's also a fact that the average Palestinian is more native genetically than the average Israeli.

The greatest ancient builder of Al-Quds (Herod the Great) was also an half Arab (Nabatean) from modern day KSA and Jordan.

Herod the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom