Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Written by Karan Thapar | Published:April 21, 2017 12:46 am
jadhav759.jpg
Kulbhushan Jadhav

I’m not sure who Kulbhushan Jadhav is, or how he came to be in Pakistan, but my curiosity has been aroused and I’ve tried to read as widely as I can to find the answers. Alas, all I’ve ended up with is questions. The more I learn, the more they multiply.

First, why does Jadhav have two passports, one in his own name and another in the name of Hussein Mubarak Patel? According to The Indian Express, the second passport was originally issued in 2003 and renewed in 2014. The passport numbers are E6934766 and L9630722. When asked, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson would only say that India needs access to Jadhav before he could answer. But why not check the records attached to the passport numbers? Surely they would tell a story?

Additionally, The Times of India claims that since 2007, Jadhav has rented a Bombay flat owned by his mother, Avanti, in the name of Hussein Mubarak Patel. Why would he use an alias to rent his own mother’s flat?

Perhaps Jadhav changed his name after converting to Islam? But then, why did he deliberately retain a valid passport in his old name? Indeed, why did the government let him, unless he deceived them?

Second, the government claims Jadhav was kidnapped from Iran and forcibly brought to Balochistan. A former German ambassador to Pakistan, Gunter Mulack, at least initially suggested this was true — but has the government pursued the matter with Mulack?

If it has, that hasn’t been reported, nor has what he revealed.

However, we did pursue the matter with Iran, but, as the MEA spokesperson admitted, they don’t seem to have responded or, perhaps, even conducted an investigation yet. We seem to have accepted that.

Odd, wouldn’t you say?

If Pakistan did abduct Jadhav, don’t we need to ask why? Doesn’t that raise the question of what was so special about him that made them do this? After all, there are 4,000 Indians in Iran — and no one else has been abducted.

Third, both The Indian Express and Asian Age suggest that Jadhav has links with the Pakistani drug baron Uzair Baloch. Did he play dirty with him and get caught in a revenge trap set by the drug mafia? Given that Jadhav was arrested a month after Baloch, this could be part of the explanation.

Finally, The Indian Express has reported that between 2010 and 2012, Jadhav made three separate attempts to join the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW). The paper suggests he also tried to join the Technical Services Division. What more do we know about this? Even if the media doesn’t, surely the government does? A. S. Dulat, a distinguished former chief of R&AW, has unhesitatingly said Jadhav could be a spy. As he put it, if he was the government, he would hardly admit it.

Just a few days before Jadhav’s sudden conviction and death sentence, the Pakistani media claimed a retired Pakistani army officer, Lt. Col. Muhammad Habib Zahir, had gone missing in Lumbini, close to the Indian border. The Pakistani media is convinced he’s been trapped by R&AW. Was Jadhav convicted and sentenced to preempt India from claiming it had caught a Pakistani spy? And now, is an exchange of ‘spies’ possible?

I’m not sure who will answer these questions, and perhaps it would not be proper for the government to do so, but whilst they hang in the air, the mystery surrounding Jadhav will only grow.

The writer is President of Infotainment Television and a TV anchor
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

http://indianexpress.com/article/op...e-passport-hussein-mubarak-patel-spy-4621558/

The case of the Indian sentenced in Pakistan offers more questions than answers

Written by Karan Thapar | Published:April 21, 2017 12:46 am
jadhav759.jpg
Kulbhushan Jadhav

I’m not sure who Kulbhushan Jadhav is, or how he came to be in Pakistan, but my curiosity has been aroused and I’ve tried to read as widely as I can to find the answers. Alas, all I’ve ended up with is questions. The more I learn, the more they multiply.

First, why does Jadhav have two passports, one in his own name and another in the name of Hussein Mubarak Patel? According to The Indian Express, the second passport was originally issued in 2003 and renewed in 2014. The passport numbers are E6934766 and L9630722. When asked, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson would only say that India needs access to Jadhav before he could answer. But why not check the records attached to the passport numbers? Surely they would tell a story?

Additionally, The Times of India claims that since 2007, Jadhav has rented a Bombay flat owned by his mother, Avanti, in the name of Hussein Mubarak Patel. Why would he use an alias to rent his own mother’s flat?

Perhaps Jadhav changed his name after converting to Islam? But then, why did he deliberately retain a valid passport in his old name? Indeed, why did the government let him, unless he deceived them?

Second, the government claims Jadhav was kidnapped from Iran and forcibly brought to Balochistan. A former German ambassador to Pakistan, Gunter Mulack, at least initially suggested this was true — but has the government pursued the matter with Mulack?

If it has, that hasn’t been reported, nor has what he revealed.

However, we did pursue the matter with Iran, but, as the MEA spokesperson admitted, they don’t seem to have responded or, perhaps, even conducted an investigation yet. We seem to have accepted that.

Odd, wouldn’t you say?

If Pakistan did abduct Jadhav, don’t we need to ask why? Doesn’t that raise the question of what was so special about him that made them do this? After all, there are 4,000 Indians in Iran — and no one else has been abducted.

Third, both The Indian Express and Asian Age suggest that Jadhav has links with the Pakistani drug baron Uzair Baloch. Did he play dirty with him and get caught in a revenge trap set by the drug mafia? Given that Jadhav was arrested a month after Baloch, this could be part of the explanation.

Finally, The Indian Express has reported that between 2010 and 2012, Jadhav made three separate attempts to join the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW). The paper suggests he also tried to join the Technical Services Division. What more do we know about this? Even if the media doesn’t, surely the government does? A. S. Dulat, a distinguished former chief of R&AW, has unhesitatingly said Jadhav could be a spy. As he put it, if he was the government, he would hardly admit it.

Just a few days before Jadhav’s sudden conviction and death sentence, the Pakistani media claimed a retired Pakistani army officer, Lt. Col. Muhammad Habib Zahir, had gone missing in Lumbini, close to the Indian border. The Pakistani media is convinced he’s been trapped by R&AW. Was Jadhav convicted and sentenced to preempt India from claiming it had caught a Pakistani spy? And now, is an exchange of ‘spies’ possible?

I’m not sure who will answer these questions, and perhaps it would not be proper for the government to do so, but whilst they hang in the air, the mystery surrounding Jadhav will only grow.

The writer is President of Infotainment Television and a TV anchor

People Going Gaga
And Indian Keep saying one Question
If he was spy why he had indian passport
Because to keep his keep his cover story straight
Because Iran cover woudnt hold
And 2nd indian cover could pass normal check as not all billion Indians are spies

The article said he tried to join RAW 3 times last time in 2012 and as per Pakistani ISPR the guy was doing the nepharious activities since 2003 , some is lying here .... and the TSD as per open sources started in the tenure of VK singh ie 2010-2012 .... how can a retired naval officer came to know about TSD , which is secret MI unit and how can he get that info as asper articlr he was not accepted by R&AW before 2012 ..........
@Roybot @Levina @Tom M ... Karan thapar is again back ;)

The worse part is he wanted to join TSD which was a MI unit :D :D and he was ex Navy ...... and this Karan thapar guy is arguing about his two passports even the Khorgabde lady(IFS officer) her kids also have 2 passports one Indian one American so her kids were also R&AW agents :D , as mentioned in post 3 , which spy in the world travels in target country with the original passport with fake name and without visa :D :D

I have been trying since last 4 years. :hitwall:
All that I could manage was an invitation to national security related seminar in Doval's presence. Sigh. :(

Indian express and Karan Thapar give further credence to Pakistani claims that Jadhav is no innocent businessman working in Iran.

Just a matter of time before someone calls Karan Thapar a sickular and a presstitute who is not loyal to India and should be sent to Pakistan.

@Areesh read the comments of fellow Indians on this column. I have copy pasted few from the column page.
  1. Parivel
    Apr 22, 2017 at 10:52 am
    Thevidiya pasanga.... Indian express team & Karan thapper... Mother fu$kers
  2. D
    Dheerendra
    Apr 22, 2017 at 10:48 am
    Indian express should remove this story. Please in the name of free speech please do not allow anti- national activities
    1. R
      R.L. Verma
      Apr 22, 2017 at 11:11 am
      I think, Karan Thapar raised valid questions. There is nothing anti-national in it.
  3. D
    Dheerendra
    Apr 22, 2017 at 10:46 am
    He now becomes famous in porkistan their leading news paper has just now published an article in support of this story and showing karan thapar as world acclaimed journalist. You f................. g moron thapar again you prove that people like you would not hesitate to sell his own mother shame on you................... backstabber
  4. M
    Muhammad Rabi Rizvi
    Apr 22, 2017 at 9:58 am
    "After all, there are 4,000 Indians in Iran — and no one else has been abducted." Lack of evidence most probably shows he was not abducted rather got caught in an act. Thats the reason the issue was raised with the Iranian president during his visit to stan (you dont raise such issues if there is no smoking gun). I can see indians are frustrated and calling degrading names to stan but did the same ppl requested their own govt why they risked the "son of the homeland" when they could hire an afghan to do the job. listen to doval,he was in RAW,he would know more than a common patriotic indian hyper-venting right now. But if you dont like what he stated than call him "daish darohi" or ISI stoog as well(he deserves it too by the same logic)
  5. S
    Sandeep
    Apr 22, 2017 at 6:09 am
    I am utterly disgusted with this article by Karan Thapar. I don't know what this fellow is trying to say other than collating and summarizing points from several articles. An Indians life is at stake and we should be careful with what we say and publish. Each of us Indians and NRIs should do whatever we can with the single most objective of bringing back Jadhav to India safely and in good health as soon as possible. Rest of the things and the stupid questions which this nut has asked can be left to the administration.
  6. J
    Jay Smith
    Apr 22, 2017 at 3:11 am
    Should this article not be best appearing in a stani Newspaper. On that point should Karan Thaper not be better off living in stan. Need I say more on this ISI stooge.
    1. J
      Jay Smith
      Apr 22, 2017 at 3:11 am
      Should this article not be best appearing in a stani Newspaper. On that point should Karan Thaper not be better off living in stan. Need I say more on this ISI stooge.
  7. V
    Vish
    Apr 22, 2017 at 2:47 am
    If Karan Thapar is not clear about anything then why did he write such article to confuse others .Is he working for mother land or Enemy country is not understandable .Some people always play duplicity and make money.
  8. S
    Sumesh
    Apr 22, 2017 at 2:25 am
    I have only one question- how much money Karan Thapar is getting from p orkistan to ask silly questions? Why he doesn't ask his bosses in fakistan if they have such strong evidence why don't they consular access? Why they are not giving chargesheet and verdict copies? Why under the sun a commander level officer would roam about in enemy country with Indian IDs?? Porkis gave dug a ditch for themselves - either way they would suffer.
  9. K
    KK
    Apr 22, 2017 at 1:43 am
    I have some questions to the author too ! 1. How come this script which seem to have come directly from stan ISI has your name as the author ? 2. What is the amount on the check OR hard cash that accompanied this ISI script ? 3. How long have you been on their payroll and ditching this nation ? 4. Are all your TV shows/ Interviews also been scripted by ISI ? 5. When are you going to permanently cross the boarder into stan, seem to be the darling of yours ? 6. How many of my above views are correct ?
  10. S
    Sham
    Apr 22, 2017 at 1:32 am
    This guy Thapar is a clear stani agent. Why does he not ask the stanis, why they kidnaped Mr. Jadhav instead of asking the Indian Government? Perhaps the stanis kidnapped him as he was once in the Indian Navy & they could bend this fact to make a spy out of him. Only to answer Thapar, perhaps other 4000 Indians in Iran did not have navy background and, therefore, did not fit the ISI theory. The questions asked by Thapar are similar to cries of "proof" on the surgical strikes. Now the next persons asking these questions will be Kejriwal, Rahul & Co - the real heros for stani media.
  11. Z
    Zee
    Apr 22, 2017 at 12:47 am
    All blackies are crying monkeys brats
  12. Z
    Zee
    Apr 22, 2017 at 12:42 am
    This jhadiv pig must be hanged
  13. O
    Onkar Singh
    Apr 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm
    A good article.We all should be skeptics.Only the we can raise questions.When we raise questions,we get to truth.Otherwise we blindly accept the version or story dished out: which may be true and it MAY NOT be TRUE!!!!Kudos to Karan Thapur's questions!!!
    1. T
      Thrinethran T
      Apr 22, 2017 at 3:18 am
      What does Thapar explain, that makes you overjo ? Was the accused lawfully apprehended and charged, and given a fair trial? Thapar merely draws bits and pieces from several media stories, and tries to build a vague case against Jadhav for the other side.
  14. V
    Vinit Kumar
    Apr 21, 2017 at 10:49 pm
    Very well explained position of stan.
    1. V
      Vinit Kumar
      Apr 21, 2017 at 10:50 pm
      stan
  15. O
    O Sajid
    Apr 21, 2017 at 9:16 pm
    All valid questions.. but biggest question at the moment are - Where is Jadhav? And why stan is refusing access to him? Spy or not, fraud or not, drug mafia or not.. all can be investigated later.. let stan prove firtst that he is alive and well.. not dead from torture.
  16. K
    Kane
    Apr 21, 2017 at 8:47 pm
    What else can you expect from a Doon School(Rajeev hi & Manishankar Aiyar's school) Cambridge college educated slave of the English teaching journalist. Add to that the cousin of Romila Thapar, the same from the band of historian intelectual, those of Indianness hating leftist liberals who have taken oath to keep India a slave of the West, chained and bound. That includes other historians and commentators, including Bipan Chandra, Sumit Sarkar, Irfan Habib, R.S. Sharma, Vir Sanghvi, Dileep Padgaonkar and Amartya Sen. All these were also against the demonetisation with their hate-speech and demonization against it.
  17. P
    Pramod
    Apr 21, 2017 at 8:44 pm
    More pertinent question that remains unanswered is regarding the current status of Kulbhushan Jadhav. No one knows his whereabouts and India has been repeatedly denied consular access to him. Is Kulbhushan Jadhav still alive? Was the hush hush fake trail just a cover up to hide that fact that he has been killed by the stani Deep State?
  18. A
    Ajay G
    Apr 21, 2017 at 8:39 pm
    Capture of Jadav has already brought Indian diplomacy's stature equal to a failed state. Enemy crosses the int'l border regularly and is killing innocent citizens. Why doesn't Indian leadership engage them in talks to stop this !! What hapoened to dossiers given on Mumbai, 2008, Pathankot and Uri ?
  19. S
    Sagarzende
    Apr 21, 2017 at 6:29 pm
    u r as. s. h o le. thapar
  20. G
    Girish
    Apr 21, 2017 at 6:28 pm
    This insect Karan Thapar works on ISI payroll, thts for sure. He is worst form of a journalist.
  21. A
    Aur Maro
    Apr 21, 2017 at 6:05 pm
    Arre Karan, tu kisi ki jaan bachane ke liye journalism kar raha hai ya uski maarne ke liye. You idi t. Itni umar main bhi nahi sikha ki where journalism stop and where common sense start...
No. 23 is the most Funniest with really nice subject :omghaha::omghaha:

What more does one expect from the Son of the Man who lost the war with china and had to resign in Shame.

Karan Thappar, son of infamous Gen. Pran Nath Thappar :sick:

The worse part is he wanted to join TSD which was a MI unit :D :D and he was ex Navy ...... and this Karan thapar guy is arguing about his two passports even the Khorgabde lady(IFS officer) her kids also have 2 passports one Indian one American so her kids were also R&AW agents :D , as mentioned in post 3 , which spy in the world travels in target country with the original passport with fake name and without visa :D :D
two passports is possible but two names isn't.

Jadhav if spy, must have done some thing very remarkable to get death sentence straight.

If allegations are true... he will be a case study world wide.

instead of calling the author a traitor indians should humiliate him by answering his questions but i heard that indian governmnet refused to do so.

It is if he has converted to islam and changed his name.
then whole record also changes. In that case all around the world old passport is submitted and new one is issued with new name.
He never changed his religions as proved by the fact that indian government is calling him jadhav not hussain mubarak and the fact that you will be given him funeral in hindus way not islamic way will lead the stamp to the fact that he was not a muslim.

The ONLY person who can answers these questions is Jadav himself. How the hell can the govt. or anyone speak for him ?
who issued him two passports????

instead of calling the author a traitor indians should humiliate him by answering his questions but i heard that indian governmnet refused to do so.

The ONLY person who can answers these questions is Jadav himself. How the hell can the govt. or anyone speak for him ?

then whole record also changes. In that case all around the world old passport is submitted and new one is issued with new name.
He never changed his religions as proved by the fact that indian government is calling him jadhav not hussain mubarak and the fact that you will be given him funeral in hindus way not islamic way will lead the stamp to the fact that he was not a muslim.

Nope. Not if he has not disclosed his old passport.

Back in 2003, the records were not linked. All he had to do was apply for a new passport under a new name and provide proof of residence.

Everything else you have said is pure SPECULATION.

who issued him two passports????

There is no evidence of him having two VALID passport.

He has only ONE valid passport and another Expired passport.

I have my old expired passport too. Which technically means I have two passport.

Back
Top Bottom