What's new

The mutual unintelligibility of Sinitic lect

Learning and speaking Mandarin is no problem for Cantonese. I think my concern is the writing part. I think that both traditional and simplified characters should be accepted. With the age of internet, there is no problem translating simplified to traditional, vice versa.
I agree. But the damn street signs should not use English. It pisses me off to see that in China.
street signs usually is Pinyin,not English,
For spelling, there is little English,
This is also some foreigners always complain rarely used English in China reasons

street signs usually is Pinyin,not English,
For spelling, there is little English,
This is also some foreigners always complain rarely used English in China reasons
Ok, maybe I mistaken Pinyin for English words. screw the foreign devils , don't give in to them.

The best thing about traditional Chinese font is, this is the only font we need to

Not just apple, the PRC funded Wenhui newspaper say similar thing.

http://news.wenweipo.com/2014/07/14/IN1407140044.htm

消灭母语。

Chinese Dragon still think Cantonese is going strong. I went Guangdong now and 15 years back, I am already alarmed.

dlclong must be a "Mandarin", are you? You may not understand the feeling of "canton race" and "Taiwanese race".

Simplied fonts are developed from 草书&行书, while traditional fonts are based on 隶书&楷书. If you want the real traditional & the most beautiful font, then you need to goto 篆书。

Back
Top Bottom