What's new

The Military History of Pakistan/Pakistanis

Which one would you guys like me to cover next?

• Other (please write in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Maqpon dynasty was a dynasty from Gilgit-Baltistan that at its peak under Ali Sher Khan Anchan had spread to include much of northern Pakistan and Hindustan.

A map of the Maqpon dynasty's territory at its peak:

Balti_kingdom.jpg

Ali Sher Khan Anchan

Gilgit-Baltistan

You Forgot Ali Sher Anchan Defeated Akbar And Akbar Was Forced To Send Mughal Pricesses To His Harem.Yep We Pakis Even Banged Mughals:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::azn::azn::azn:

Look guys we are like a tree being eaten up from one side by Indians and the other side by Afghans. And a country of 200 million people sat on one of the world great river basins - Indus ends up with zero heritage. It's like we are 200 million orphans.

The reason is Indians and Afghans have chose to crack our country in half. The western half has been claimed by Afghans and the easern half by Indians. Anything remotely of heritage or cultural value in the west is branded as Afghan and anything in the east as Indian. It's like having a house but both your neighbours effectively own everuthing inside it leaving you looking on as a amused stranger.

You know many years ago when exposed to the continous bite by the termites [from both sides] I used to feel insecure and not quite sure of who I was. I was not very religious so I could not exactly salve this insecuity in breing 'Muslim'. Even that was a problem. There are nearly 40 Muslim countries straddled from Africa, Europe to Asia. That hardly tied me down a identity. It merely made me a member of a global conglomerate. At heaet of this was the widely peddled notion of Pakistan's artificiality which of course is peddled mostly by our neighbours but also western [read English] writers who can't come to terms that their "Raj" was divided and Jinnah is seen as the villain.

g8zxfQI.jpg

But then slowly I began to see the deciet and lies of those who peddled the idea of a cracked/artificial Pakistan. First take Afghanistan. Who is Afghan? If Afghan is Pashtun then that leaves out the Turkic Uzbeks, Turkmen, the Faris Tajiks and I would not even know where to place the Mongol Shia Hazara. Meaning Afghanistan is also 'cracked' along ethnic lines. And Afghanistan is also a recent creation. Below is 'cracked' Afghanistan along major ethnic groups. You have Turkic, Mongol and Persian peoples divided by mountains and a conflicted, bloody history.

2XhJfUQ.png

And then we move to India. Can anyone seriously tell me that there would have been a Indian Republic today with capital at New Delhi if a greedy English business called East India Company had not arrived in South Asia. Please tell me what can be more artificial then Englishmen making your country driven by greed and before leaving even building you a new capital by naming it "New Delhi"?

Then a quick glance at India shows she is a composite of varied people. You find almost every major human racial group within India. From Indo-Aryan, to Dravidian, to Aborginals, to Tibeto-Burmans. India has cracks, indeed even bigger cracks then Pakistan has. Some time ago I had @Pademchen who I believe is Parsee reminding me of the Iranic/Indo crack in Pakistan. The irony was sweet. He is Indian of Iranic stock and he is reminding me of our crack. Think about how craz this is. Pot calling the kettle black. Afghans will also remind us of our cracks but ignore their own as if they are one homogenous peoples with a unified history going back thousand of years ago.

CHTriIk.png

So wher do we stand? Well the problem is with us Pakistani's. We are ourselves unsure and our language displas weakness. We are shy or ashamed of using Pakistan and will makes excuses like 'Asian, Desi, Apna" etc. Is it no wonder then that our neighbours come and plunder our heritage? What we need to do is despite our own internal politics but at external level show vicious adherence to brand Pakistan.

Please no more desi food, desi clothes, Asian culture, Apna music, Indian food. Everything begins with Pakistan and ends with Pakistan. You do that and soon enough you will have a strong identity. Don't do that you will still be a artificial desi in 1,000 years time. I am glad to see threads on Ancient Pakistan/Pakistan.

And a a general rule of the thumb try to stick within borders of Pakistan. If you begin to go beyond that by using some justification then you are inviting Indians and Afghans to do the same. That is a slippery slope. So I prefer to keep it clear and sharp. Trust me we have more then our share of heritage to be proud of.

@Kambojaric
@UnitedPak
@Taimur Khurram
etc

Amazing post. Everyone should read this.

You Forgot Ali Sher Anchan Defeated Akbar And Akbar Was Forced To Send Mughal Pricesses To His Harem.Yep We Pakis Even Banged Mughals:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::azn::azn::azn:

Mughals and Rajputs had been inter-marrying for hundreds of years, until the last Mughals were mostly Rajputs in blood.

This resulted in the eventually Islamization of the Rajput clans of Punjab, which were the powerhouses of the region. Punjab is still important as the breadbasket which feeds the region from Afghanistan to Kashmir and Sindh.

Punjabi clans had a long history of internecine warfare which made them excellent warriors, esp Rajputs, Jats, Gujjars, Bhattis, and others. Heavy cavalries dominated medieval Punjab. Mughals recruited heavily from this area.

I also read someplace that many of the leather and steel shields used in the Islamic world were made in Lahore. These were the same iconic shields used by Muslim armies from Egypt, Turks, Persians, Afghans, and Hindustan.

an-indian-shield-lahore-19th-century-a-cambered-shield-with-fine-gold-and-silver-filled-floral-decoration-reinforced-rim-fou-XEFWBT.jpg

Description: A shield, Lahore, 19th century A cambered shield with fine gold and silver

The Mughals also adopted, added to, and improved the armor, helmets, and chain mail of the Rajputs of Punjab.

armor1.jpg

Mughal Chainmail

a2da008eed2db5b3cc24a1c791721570--arm-guard-the-indians.jpg

Chilta Hazar Masha (mail of a thousand needles), worn by Rajput nobility

armorelephant.jpg

Elephant Armor

url2.jpeg

Horse Armor

I had read a while back that there is actually a Dravidian language spoken in Pakistan by a small community. That surprised me because it kind of defies logic. I forgot the name.

You are referring to the Brahuis.

They are classified as Dravidian, but they aren't really Dravidians. Only 15% of the Brahui language consists of words with a Dravidian origin, and genetically Brahuis are almost identical to their Baluchi neighbours.

Asalamu Alaikum

Yes, he married a Mughal princess, but he did not fight against the Mughals, he actually co-operated with them quite a bit.

Asalamu Alaikum

Yes, he married a Mughal princess, but he did not fight against the Mughals, he actually co-operated with them quite a bit.

Actually What I Read Was That Akbar Tried To Invade Gilgit Baltistan But Was Defeated By Him.Maybe Later On They Formed Alliance

Actually What I Read Was That Akbar Tried To Invade Gilgit Baltistan But Was Defeated By Him.Maybe Later On They Formed Alliance

From what I read, Ali Sher Khan Anchan went to Akbar to form an alliance. But I believe there are multiple versions of how their first encounter came about.

Amazing post. Everyone should read this.

Mughals and Rajputs had been inter-marrying for hundreds of years, until the last Mughals were mostly Rajputs in blood.

This resulted in the eventually Islamization of the Rajput clans of Punjab, which were the powerhouses of the region. Punjab is still important as the breadbasket which feeds the region from Afghanistan to Kashmir and Sindh.

Punjabi clans had a long history of internecine warfare which made them excellent warriors, esp Rajputs, Jats, Gujjars, Bhattis, and others. Heavy cavalries dominated medieval Punjab. Mughals recruited heavily from this area.

I also read someplace that many of the leather and steel shields used in the Islamic world were made in Lahore. These were the same iconic shields used by Muslim armies from Egypt, Turks, Persians, Afghans, and Hindustan.

an-indian-shield-lahore-19th-century-a-cambered-shield-with-fine-gold-and-silver-filled-floral-decoration-reinforced-rim-fou-XEFWBT.jpg

Description: A shield, Lahore, 19th century A cambered shield with fine gold and silver

The Mughals also adopted, added to, and improved the armor, helmets, and chain mail of the Rajputs of Punjab.

armor1.jpg

Mughal Chainmail

a2da008eed2db5b3cc24a1c791721570--arm-guard-the-indians.jpg

Chilta Hazar Masha (mail of a thousand needles), worn by Rajput nobility

armorelephant.jpg

Elephant Armor

url2.jpeg

Horse Armor
The so called Mughal chainmail is actually Rajput armour & not mughal.

I would like you to cover the various Muslim sultanates,empires and states found before the mughal empire and more importantly before Muhammad bin qasim. This part of history is overlooked always in basic textbooks to much comprehensive historical books .

I would like you to cover the various Muslim sultanates,empires and states found before the mughal empire and more importantly before Muhammad bin qasim. This part of history is overlooked always in basic textbooks to much comprehensive historical books .

Asalamu Alaikum

Already done, please see my previous threads.

Back
Top Bottom