What's new

The making of the Kargil disaster Excerpts from Nasim Zehra's book, 'From Kargil To The Coup: Events

You mean to say same day and same match in which that aloo (potato) incident happened? How was the general mood of the spectators?

By the way, Inzamam does look like potato.
It was a while back. But mood in general was good. Crowds were not segregated like the India Pak match in Adelaide in the World Cup. Infact, I saw it with a Pakistani friend. Just some minor needling but nothing major. Small stadium.

Can't build a dam but use language that does not fit the damn context. Relax and sleep tight.

Blah blah blah, go take a shower and build yourselves some toilets.

when it comes to cricket I remember India SL match in Kolkata Eden gardens 96 wc semi finals , when India lost the match the people had put the stadium on fire.
With Pakistan if they had lost it, well people would have kidnapped the players from the ground only.

Come on, there was definitely considerable hate during 1996 world cup quarterfinals.

@kalakaar
There is always some needling. Pakistan had a fantastic team in the 1990s though. Anyways, maybe there was. I guess everything is just more magnified nowadays because of social media.

Back
Top Bottom