What's new

The Leader We Don't Have !

Dear, Imran would be the ideal fresh choice but he needs to sit aside from belt busting Maulanas.

I can see a "out-of-the-box" setup in coming months, a national government consisting of top pakistani diplomats, technocrats and bureaucrats backed by the army, supported by the Supreme Court.

Imran might sneak in there as a minister for health or education.

This current govt. cannot and will not last very long, Change is inevitable. :pakistan:

Due to this Mushi i have to suffer 12 hour load shedding.Meaning after every hour of light there is no light for the next hour.And imagine if this is the way of life in one of the most important and central cities of Pakistan how would people in small cities and villages be faring?

This Mushy along with his imported PM destroyed our country.You people can say whatever you want against Mr 10% but the fact is he came through democracy not by jumping into the house of an elected PM.

I am not speaking in the favor of Zardari but that's the way democracy works illiterate people cast their vote on the basis of stupid bradaris and ethnicity and in the end Country suffers.

Due to this Mushi i have to suffer 12 hour load shedding.Meaning after every hour of light there is no light for the next hour.And imagine if this is the way of life in one of the most important and central cities of Pakistan how would people in small cities and villages be faring?

This Mushy along with his imported PM destroyed our country.You people can say whatever you want against Mr 10% but the fact is he came through democracy not by jumping into the house of an elected PM.

I am not speaking in the favor of Zardari but that's the way democracy works illiterate people cast their vote on the basis of stupid bradaris and ethnicity and in the end Country suffers.
Let me ask you this, did the country suffer these kinds of power shortages during Musharraf's tenure. ?
During his stay in the office, i visited Pakistan twice both in Summer and Winter and say with conviction that the situation was nothing as like now. As for Zardari riding on democracy, it's a well known fact that he merely came through on a vote of sympathy, suffice to repeat the saying, good dictatorship is better than sham democracy.

Mush was Mr perfect .. i just wish he wasnt a dictator

Nobody is perfect here :disagree:

His one mistake of sacking Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudry brought million of Pakistanis on streets resulting in loss of country's economy and insult all over the world

Mr 10% Janab Asif Ali Zardari is also a gift of his policies otherwise nobody could ever imagine such a loser serving sentance in the prison will become a leader/President all of a sudden

I do like some of Musharraf's policies but definitely he was not a perfect man

Let me ask you this, did the country suffer these kinds of power shortages during Musharraf's tenure. ?
During his stay in the office, i visited Pakistan twice both in Summer and Winter and say with conviction that the situation was nothing as like now. As for Zardari riding on democracy, it's a well known fact that he merely came through on a vote of sympathy, suffice to repeat the saying, good dictatorship is better than sham democracy.

Well does that matter.What do you think these power shortages are bred overnight.No it is a long process with consequences starting 3-4 years.If you today start to build a power plant at the minimum it would start working in no less than 3 years.For Dam make it 7-8.

If Mushy had thought of something else aside from saving his chair by all means necessary we would not be powerless today.His imported PM gave people the pill of numbers but as soon as he ran away the effect of pill started to wear off.

Well still if we follow the legal way of getting into power Zardari is a million times better than Mushy.But then it is democracy.Were illiterates decide the future of the nation.Were people with fraud degrees easily win the seats.Although in reality i do agree that Mushy was better than Zardari.

I again say as i have said before democracy in Western Form is not suitable for Pakistan.

Well does that matter.What do you think these power shortages are bred overnight.No it is a long process with consequences starting 3-4 years.If you today start to build a power plant at the minimum it would start working in no less than 3 years.For Dam make it 7-8.

If Mushy had thought of something else aside from saving his chair by all means necessary we would not be powerless today.His imported PM gave people the pill of numbers but as soon as he ran away the effect of pill started to wear off.

Well still if we follow the legal way of getting into power Zardari is a million times better than Mushy.But then it is democracy.Were illiterates decide the future of the nation.Were people with fraud degrees easily win the seats.Although in reality i do agree that Mushy was better than Zardari.

I again say as i have said before democracy in Western Form is not suitable for Pakistan.
I can recall Raja Pervez Ashraf giving time frames to rid the shortages, even the PM is on record for stating that he will inaugurate a power plant a month but we knew that was just the Kodak moment. Indeed as we see around us, a great many negative designs can be protected by the democracy umbrella, but at the same time the core issues of the masses need to be addressed, as can be seen, people are more concerned and desperate in daily utilities than to care for a new province or what will it be called. As long as people with vested interests remain within the power house, you will only witness irrelevant issues brought up and tackled. In last two years, i doubt if even a decimal fluctuated.

I can recall Raja Pervez Ashraf giving time frames to rid the shortages, even the PM is on record for stating that he will inaugurate a power plant a month but we knew that was just the Kodak moment. Indeed as we see around us, a great many negative designs can be protected by the democracy umbrella, but at the same time the core issues of the masses need to be addressed, as can be seen, people are more concerned and desperate in daily utilities than to care for a new province or what will it be called. As long as people with vested interests remain within the power house, you will only witness irrelevant issues brought up and tackled. In last two years, i doubt if even a decimal fluctuated.

That's why i said that Mushy was better than Zardari but the problem with Mushy was the same he was always concerned about just his seat.If he had laid the foundations of Power Infrastructure in his 10 year dictatorship we wouldn't be suffering now.

just watch inshallah he will come back and will win.. cant wait for pakistan tobe pakistan again like 7 years ago... ahhhhhh so good not that much curuption not soo many blasts and kidnappings

I don't know whether Musharraf was the best or not, but his gravest mistake, in my personal opinion, was in choosing Shaukat Aziz as PM and PML-Q as the ruling party.

Now, regarding the electricity problem, well, my father was Chief Enng., Irrigation Dept. and later on he was Director General Small Dams,NWFP.

He told me that once, while he was presiding over a meeting at the federal level, the Wapda contingent were explaining that Pakistan was going to face the worst shortage of electricity in the near future. When asked as to why they haven't done anything about it, the Wapda people said that they had planned 62 projects to overcome this shortage but the Musharraf Government had declined all 62 of them, no reason given.

This is why we are facing such problems now.

Now i ask you, who is to blame? Musharraf and PML-Q or just the inability of all the governments to work for the betterment of Pakistan?

regards,

Pakistan is inching towards a blood bath, and after that, out of the ashes, some one will emerge to lead the way.

Our political system will never allow a honest, GOD fearing man with peoples interest in his heart to emerge.

We have to bring down the current system, if it takes violence and mayham so be it. (dont ban me for that).

Pakistan is like a dry forest, a single spark some where will do the job, after that new greener and vibrant Pakistan will emerge.

Iam not supporting violence, iam supporting change and real change doest come peace fully.

Any body thinks real change will come through ballot box, dreaming. Only currupt will come again and again and again.

Pakistan is beyoud ballot box, it needs iron fist, to put things in there right places.

That's my opinon u have the right to disagree. :pakistan:

Pakistan needs Hitler.

The leader of Pakistan has to have the utmost respect amongst his own ministers. He needs to be open minded to listen to those who know more than him. He needs to know his own limitations, and be able to act decisively when needed.

Stalin industrialised the USSR within 10 years, the human cost was great but in his unique case, i guess it kind of paid off. If he hadn't done that, the USSR would have had NO chance against Germany.

His 5 year plans were pretty intense, a lot of the target could not be reached, like steel production, grain production, but in aiming for those values, the Russians outdid themselves and still got high rates of production.

Hitler on the other hand ran his economy like a big ponzi scheme, and the economy depended pretty much on the total war he was gearing up for. He didn't listen to people more capable than him, and lead his country to ruin.

So no to Hitler please.

If anything, Pakistan needs a Jinnah like character, but I doubt there is anyone capable of pulling that off.

Can anyone name a few guys who COULD become leader of Pakistan?

Musharraf
Zardari
Shareef
Imran Khan
Any more...

I don't know whether Musharraf was the best or not, but his gravest mistake, in my personal opinion, was in choosing Shaukat Aziz as PM and PML-Q as the ruling party.

Now, regarding the electricity problem, well, my father was Chief Enng., Irrigation Dept. and later on he was Director General Small Dams,NWFP.

He told me that once, while he was presiding over a meeting at the federal level, the Wapda contingent were explaining that Pakistan was going to face the worst shortage of electricity in the near future. When asked as to why they haven't done anything about it, the Wapda people said that they had planned 62 projects to overcome this shortage but the Musharraf Government had declined all 62 of them, no reason given.

This is why we are facing such problems now.

Now i ask you, who is to blame? Musharraf and PML-Q or just the inability of all the governments to work for the betterment of Pakistan?

regards,
Agreed dear that they all have skeletons in the cupboard but do we only need a leader who can switch on our bulbs, Shaukat Aziz was an efficent finance minister and should have been left in the slot.
The ability with Musharraf was that he mase the nation realize it's potential and stand up to any eventuality, it's said the spirit of 1965 was retrieved when the disastrous earthquake hit the country in 2005. He was also the leader who managed to get the American arms market reopen it's doors to Pakistan something our so called successive democratic set up failed to do.

Back
Top Bottom