What's new

The key to prosperity in AJK & GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL33D

Reaction score
Country
India
In 2014, the most awaited telecom spectrum auction introduced Pakistan with 3G and 4G technology, driving it into the world of fast speed data and hence enabling digitalization of various sectors including education. While the rest of country enjoyed this transition, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir languished behind.

As the world moves at the speed of your internet, one can commiserate with the residents of AJK-GB who are still waiting to access something that has become a necessity. In this age of technology, it is heartbreaking to admit that AJK & GB, which constitutes of one of the most scenic parts of the country, is still deprived of basic internet 3G and 4G access. While this region can majorly contribute towards the country’s GDP via tourism and cottage industry, this is an opportunity lost since many travelers seek good connectivity to stay in touch with their friends and family, and many home and small business owners need a channel to sell their products. In the absence of good data connectivity, the regions faces a number of challenges.

Mobile internet technology has not only made communication easier but has also opened paths for various e-commerce companies to operate successfully in Pakistan. The mobile broadband services have helped local businesses to emerge on the international market and have also opened gateways for online and new ways to connect with various stakeholders.

The residents of AJK-GB are not aware of the online avenues of learning and earning through freelancing and other means. Providing good quality data services will create more opportunities for the general public in these areas. E-health and E-education are also greatly underutilized in these areas. It raises a lot of questions regarding the educational future of the children since with the internet becoming the basic necessity, inaccessibility to online learning platforms limits their knowledge in comparison to children across the world.

Introduction of 3G/4G services will readily increase the use of smartphones in Gilgit-Baltistan because more people would be interested in having access to this service with the most technological mode of communication through cellular internet. Moreover, during the ongoing COVID19 outbreak, people are gathering most of the information via the internet. Even Government of Pakistan has introduced WhatsApp Helpline and application to facilitate people however, due to unavailability of data services, people in AJK-GB may not be fully able to benefit from these services.

COVID19 has also affected students and people who are working from home. HEC has ordered universities to hold online classes for the students. The students who belong to northern areas are finding it difficult to cope with this situation due to unavailability of reliable data services. Since businesses and companies have resorted to remote working routines; with insufficient availability of broadband, people are facing challenges in keeping up with their employers and other employees.

There should be some meaningful and long-lasting steps taken by the authorities to ensure all Pakistanis can benefit from data services not only during this pandemic but in the times to come. Taking into account the plight of the local communities, one might say that telecommunication is a need in modern times and we need to bridge this gap by overcoming delay of the mobile data services in this region. It will certainly empower these areas and open new avenues of prosperity.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/602625/the-key-to-prosperity-in-ajk-gb/

upload_2020-5-10_12-58-23.png

upload_2020-5-10_13-0-49.png

upload_2020-5-10_13-1-46.png

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/PK/-/1....536274512989916&lg=100.19531250000001&zoom=5

@KhanBaba2 @Krptonite @Jackdaws @Raj-Hindustani @TheGreatMaratha @Chhatrapati

Last edited:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1507627/4g-internet-service-launched-in-gb
GILGIT: A mobile service provider formally launched 4G Internet service in Gilgit-Baltistan on Thursday. GB Chief Minister Hafeezur Rehman was the chief guest during the launching ceremony at a local hotel.

CEO of the mobile service provider Irfan Wahab Khan said the deployment of fibre optic in GB was challenging due to its geographical terrain and extreme weather. He said the region was mainly served with Legacy VSAT satellite network to provide the residents with telecom services.

https://propakistani.pk/2019/09/27/telenor-pakistan-launches-4g-in-gilgit-baltistan/

Telenor Pakistan is spearheading another leap towards empowering the Pakistani society through the rollout of its 4G services in Gilgit Baltistan. To bring the benefits of digital communications to the people of Gilgit Baltistan, Telenor Pakistan has used state-of-the-art satellite solution by refarming its network sites in Gilgit and Skardu.

Gilgit Baltistan is home to one of the world’s highest mountain ranges where deployment of fiber optic is challenging due to its geographical terrain and extreme weather. To provide telecom services, Gilgit Baltistan was mainly served with Legacy VSAT satellite network. As a smart alternative, Telenor Pakistan is now using O3b satellite network to provide 4G services which is a constellation of numerous satellites that orbit only 8,000kms away from Earth. This low altitude reduces latency by up to four times while bringing it at par with long haul fiber transmission.

“In this increasingly digital world where connectivity has become a need for growth and development opportunities, Telenor Pakistan is pleased to extend the benefits of high-speed mobile broadband to the people of Gilgit Baltistan where it was not possible through conventional means,” said Irfan Wahab Khan, CEO Telenor Pakistan and Head of Telenor’s Emerging Asia Cluster.

@The Eagle @waz @Irfan Baloch

Do tell me one can manipulate thread title like this, because I have plenty of topics on gow-mutra which I would love to title like this ___ has done to this thread.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1507627/4g-internet-service-launched-in-gb
GILGIT: A mobile service provider formally launched 4G Internet service in Gilgit-Baltistan on Thursday. GB Chief Minister Hafeezur Rehman was the chief guest during the launching ceremony at a local hotel.

CEO of the mobile service provider Irfan Wahab Khan said the deployment of fibre optic in GB was challenging due to its geographical terrain and extreme weather. He said the region was mainly served with Legacy VSAT satellite network to provide the residents with telecom services.

https://propakistani.pk/2019/09/27/telenor-pakistan-launches-4g-in-gilgit-baltistan/

Telenor Pakistan is spearheading another leap towards empowering the Pakistani society through the rollout of its 4G services in Gilgit Baltistan. To bring the benefits of digital communications to the people of Gilgit Baltistan, Telenor Pakistan has used state-of-the-art satellite solution by refarming its network sites in Gilgit and Skardu.

Gilgit Baltistan is home to one of the world’s highest mountain ranges where deployment of fiber optic is challenging due to its geographical terrain and extreme weather. To provide telecom services, Gilgit Baltistan was mainly served with Legacy VSAT satellite network. As a smart alternative, Telenor Pakistan is now using O3b satellite network to provide 4G services which is a constellation of numerous satellites that orbit only 8,000kms away from Earth. This low altitude reduces latency by up to four times while bringing it at par with long haul fiber transmission.

“In this increasingly digital world where connectivity has become a need for growth and development opportunities, Telenor Pakistan is pleased to extend the benefits of high-speed mobile broadband to the people of Gilgit Baltistan where it was not possible through conventional means,” said Irfan Wahab Khan, CEO Telenor Pakistan and Head of Telenor’s Emerging Asia Cluster.

@The Eagle @waz @Irfan Baloch

Do tell me one can manipulate thread title like this, because I have plenty of topics on gow-mutra which I would love to title like this ___ has done to this thread.
The article is dated April,27.

And the signal coverage is from this site which is updated.
https://www.nperf.com/en/map/PK/-/1....536274512989916&lg=100.19531250000001&zoom=5

I would trust these data.

Its not manipulation if the title represents arrived conclusion from the article and it extensively talks about lack of 3G/4G in GB and AJK.

In 2014, the most awaited telecom spectrum auction introduced Pakistan with 3G and 4G technology, driving it into the world of fast speed data and hence enabling digitalization of various sectors including education. While the rest of country enjoyed this transition, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir languished behind.

As the world moves at the speed of your internet, one can commiserate with the residents of AJK-GB who are still waiting to access something that has become a necessity. In this age of technology, it is heartbreaking to admit that AJK & GB, which constitutes of one of the most scenic parts of the country, is still deprived of basic internet 3G and 4G access. While this region can majorly contribute towards the country’s GDP via tourism and cottage industry, this is an opportunity lost since many travelers seek good connectivity to stay in touch with their friends and family, and many home and small business owners need a channel to sell their products. In the absence of good data connectivity, the regions faces a number of challenges.

Mobile internet technology has not only made communication easier but has also opened paths for various e-commerce companies to operate successfully in Pakistan. The mobile broadband services have helped local businesses to emerge on the international market and have also opened gateways for online and new ways to connect with various stakeholders.

The residents of AJK-GB are not aware of the online avenues of learning and earning through freelancing and other means. Providing good quality data services will create more opportunities for the general public in these areas. E-health and E-education are also greatly underutilized in these areas. It raises a lot of questions regarding the educational future of the children since with the internet becoming the basic necessity, inaccessibility to online learning platforms limits their knowledge in comparison to children across the world.

Introduction of 3G/4G services will readily increase the use of smartphones in Gilgit-Baltistan because more people would be interested in having access to this service with the most technological mode of communication through cellular internet. Moreover, during the ongoing COVID19 outbreak, people are gathering most of the information via the internet. Even Government of Pakistan has introduced WhatsApp Helpline and application to facilitate people however, due to unavailability of data services, people in AJK-GB may not be fully able to benefit from these services.

COVID19 has also affected students and people who are working from home. HEC has ordered universities to hold online classes for the students. The students who belong to northern areas are finding it difficult to cope with this situation due to unavailability of reliable data services. Since businesses and companies have resorted to remote working routines; with insufficient availability of broadband, people are facing challenges in keeping up with their employers and other employees.

There should be some meaningful and long-lasting steps taken by the authorities to ensure all Pakistanis can benefit from data services not only during this pandemic but in the times to come. Taking into account the plight of the local communities, one might say that telecommunication is a need in modern times and we need to bridge this gap by overcoming delay of the mobile data services in this region. It will certainly empower these areas and open new avenues of prosperity.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/602625/the-key-to-prosperity-in-ajk-gb/

View attachment 631184
View attachment 631186

View attachment 631187

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @KhanBaba2 @Krptonite @Jackdaws @Raj-Hindustani @TheGreatMaratha @Chhatrapati

@waz please look into posts of this poster, he is posting against Pakistan in his hate, cherry picking old stuff, kindly implement your rules which you defined previously.

Its not manipulation if the title represents arrived conclusion from the article and it extensively talks about lack of 3G/4G in GB and AJK.

I was there for half of 2019

Had 4g on my mobile and full broadband at home

What the hell are you talking about

https://m-economictimes-com.cdn.amp...bile-net-speed-ookla/articleshow/71908085.cms

OHHH, didn't knew that was thread title of the article, my bad I didn't have gow-mutra in the morning, so my eye don't automatically change a title from
The key to prosperity in AJK & GB
to whatever your cs filled brain has produced.

And don't bother me to ask what cs is.....

So you might be in the small pockets where it is available. I am using the latest available data. And therefore the conclusions.

I didn't stay in one spot though

I didn't stay in one spot though
So either you are lying or the dailytimes.pk reporter and the mobile coverage website with updated data till today is lying.

So either you are lying or the dailytimes.pk reporter and the mobile coverage website with updated data till today is lying.

I'm saying data and articles about our neck of the woods is sketchy at best and the reality on the ground is far far different

My whole family was over there, the kids are used to their kids cartoons etc

Throughout 6 months I had no issue accessing Netflix, BBC iPlayer or prime on the net

I'm saying data and articles about our neck of the woods is sketchy at best and the reality on the ground is far far different

My whole family was over there, the kids are used to their kids cartoons etc

Throughout 6 months I had no issue accessing Netflix, BBC iPlayer or prime on the net
Well, as an observer you would come to same conclusion provided the evidence vs one individual account. Wouldnt you agree.

Hmm,,so while India disconnects 4g services in our kashmir,,and Pakistan protests,,they themselves simply didnt provide the service in the first place.
Hmm very cunning.
You cant disconnect if you dont have.

Ofcourse you r posting lies.
Well, as an observer you would come to same conclusion provided the evidence vs one individual account. Wouldnt you agree.

You cant disconnect if you dont have.
Correct

What I'm saying is having been on the actual ground, I was impressed with the availability of widescale internet services in the area
Although things always can get better to keep pace with the world

This is vastly different to India, where Kashmiri hate Indians and in order to suppress the voice of Kashmiri India cuts all internet services

What I'm saying is having been on the actual ground, I was impressed with the availability of widescale internet services in the area
Although things always can get better to keep pace with the world

This is vastly different to India, where Kashmiri hate Indians and in order to suppress the voice of Kashmiri India cuts all internet services
Its less to do with suppressing the voice, because even amidst that there are reporters everywhere, international journalists and activists from India. The bans have a valid reason - COIN operations. Only the A370 ban was a special case. The infrastructure is there and remember the vast majority of the region enjoys network except the few districts that have been notoriously filled with terrorists and militants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom