What's new

The Kerala Model: Probably the right way forward

Apart frm tourism I found nothing great in Kerala.

In this discussion we are majorly forgetting, Importance of Kerala from ancient times!!! everyone forgot Spices!!!!

Spices, herbs, Cinamon ,pepper etc etc!! This is also what majorly brings and in past brought prosperity to kerala and Gold to Travancore temples !!
So Kerala do not need industries, only to extent refine the spices and package them.
If I have land in Kerala, I would rather grow spices etc , compared to building a factory

In this discussion we are majorly forgetting, Importance of Kerala from ancient times!!! everyone forgot Spices!!!!

Spices, herbs, Cinamon ,pepper etc etc!! This is also what majorly brings and in past brought prosperity to kerala and Gold to Travancore temples !!
So Kerala do not need industries, only to extent refine the spices and package them.
If I have land in Kerala, I would rather grow spices etc , compared to building a factory

I would not advice it unless you have a large holding and finance to back it up as price of spices are highly fluctuating. Rubber is also a good option, but again finding skilled labours to tap it is a pain in the ***.

Not everyone may be pragmatic as you. The question is why the Sabhas even take such a stance ? Arent they be supposed to guide the people for inner peace and not advise them on how to use their tool. ?

Dude leave it to people of Kerala to decide.................................In Kerala people are not fools to follow any isms blindly ( let it be religious based)

If Kerala want to seperate from mainland , go ahead... who are stoppingg them..

Dude leave it to people of Kerala to decide.................................In Kerala people are not fools to follow any isms blindly ( let it be religious based)

My question again - why is a spiritual body indulging in such gimmicks ?

The point is, there is no need to run behind GDP numbers to bring up the standards of the poor. GDP and GNP are all pointless. The only thing that matters is HDI. People think you need to be rich in order to have a high HDI. No! The Kerala model proves it wrong. We need dedicated initiatives to spread AWARENESS to the poor people.

Lovely. That is the point. Amartya Sen would agree with you, but the local agents of the Neo Cons / Money Barons will not.

Lovely. That is the point. Amartya Sen would agree with you, but the local agents of the Neo Cons / Money Barons will not.

Exactly. It is all about the money now. Not about social and economic development. All we are doing is following the footsteps of a rich few who want to get richer. I am also sceptical about how big companies contribute to social welfare. In Singapore, what I notice is that companies, in the pursuit of getting richer, try to reduce the salaries as much as possible leading to a problem whereby, the rise in the living costs a year is greater than the rise in salary per year. Now, it is a no brainer that it leads to a deterioration in the living standards. What I believe is that firms should only save a fixed amount. The figure should appreciate based on inflation figures and the rest should be disbursed into the market through the working class in the company. This way, it prevents excessive capital accumulation and ensures that the increment in the salaries of the employees is in line with the increase in the prices of the commodities.

It is a fact that people do not need a high income to follow the basic principles that lead to a healthy life. What we need right now is spreading growth to the cities in the B category and create awareness among the populace. Spreading of growth leads to reduction of the migration of people to urban areas and awareness, ofcourse, to better living standards.

Keralities doesn't consider any work on earth as Untouchable (outside their state)...................
Its Good that your state Produces only Engineers & Doctors................
By the by what is the rate of Poverty in Your state......... Infant Mortality Rate...........Female Foeticide rate etc etc .........
I admire you blind hatered towards Malayalis............

What on earth made you think that i hate Malyalam guys???? I said that Kerla model can not be taken by other states coz they generate revenue by other means.

If your revenue generation model is different, your social-economic model can not be same. Each state can have there own model. Only thing is good governance and transparency. Gujrat and Maharastra model too are good.

Kerla is running on Soudi money. It is ever said that "You can find mallu at every corner of world". It is true, Malyalam guys work in Arabian countries, USA and europe as labor, carpenter, mechanic, driver etc. Kerla doesn't have good industrial base or better infrastructure.

So kerla can not be ideal model.

Look like It offended Kerla guys, Ok Let me reiterate it

Kerla is running on Soudi money. It is ever said that "You can find mallu at every corner of world". It is true, Malyalam guys work in Arabian countries, USA and europe as labor, carpenter, mechanic, driver, engineer, Doctor, Administrator,Buisinessman,Hotelers, Chef <almost all job Guys> etc. Kerla doesn't have good industrial base or better infrastructure.

Look like It offended Kerla guys, Ok Let me reiterate it

Kerla is running on Soudi money. It is ever said that "You can find mallu at every corner of world". It is true, Malyalam guys work in Arabian countries, USA and europe as labor, carpenter, mechanic, driver, engineer, Doctor, Administrator,Buisinessman,Hotelers, Chef <almost all job Guys> etc. Kerla doesn't have good industrial base or better infrastructure.

you are right kerala is not a good roll model for industrial base and infra structure development. some of the unique reasons i think is,
labour trade unions are very much aggressive here, any industrialist will run away with the kind of demands and attitude they have.

kerala is a very small state and highly populated, so any kind of new project will be met with protests from people who loose their land, and price of land also is very high here.

Back
Top Bottom