What's new

The Jats of Sindh

People might have laughed calling it hoax like you when they first said " Greece was once most powerful civilization in the world "
There is years of research and there is you who find it funny. I think I'll go with researchers.

Pahari in Pakistan mean someone who live in mountains. They have no relations what so ever with Indian pahari people.

So does in Nepali and Hindi ..

Genetically people of Nepal and utrakhand are a mix of indian and mongoloid people , this is not the case with pahari people in pakistan . Genetics has upper edge over stupid mythologies.

Re

Thank God.

Brother don't get me wrong. But so called paharis of Pakistan look like other people living few km away from them and not Indian paharis who are of mix mongols and Indians. We call people living in mountains of Azad Kashmir as pahari. While Indian pahari people in Jammu, Nepal, Uttarkand, Himachel are mixture of mongol and Indians.

From wiki
''This process of incremental conversion was seen by the presence of members of a particular clan, some who had become Sikh while others had converted to Islam.[11] In the plains and high plateau of Punjab, there are many communities of Jat, some of whom had converted to Islam by the 18th Century, while others had become Sikhs. As a result, some clans such as the Virk are largely Muslim, while others such as Pannun and Bal have Muslim branches, but are largely Sikh.''

Jatts in upper punjab mostly converted to either islam or sikhsm . Then there was cases of muslim jats converting to sikhsm and sikh jats converting to islam. Punjabi jatt religious identity became strong in 20th century and with it converting to either religion was less common.

Some punjabi jatt population estimates, about 10 million in west punjab (around 10% of west punjab population). Around about 10 million in east punjab making 30% of population.

Last edited:
I also read about kammi being known for jatts in Potohar, maybe because jatts are very small biraderi there. Like Awans in Bannu who are also most probably just kammis taking awan name.

Only mirasis shajra can confirm origins of one tribe/clan of Punjab.

Rajput = Rajah da Putt. Sons are of tribes and not of the titles such as Rajah.
Rajput na caste hay na hi koi zaat hay na hi koi qabeela hy.....maharaja Ranjit singh kya rajput tha ??? Nahi maharaja ka matlab badshah king sultan hy....
Maharaja ranjit singh jatt tha ye rajput koi zaat paat nahi hy .

Rajput = Rajah da Putt. Sons are of tribes and not of the titles such as Rajah.
Rajput koi caste zaat paat nahi hy...
Maharaja ranjeet singh kya rajput tha nahijatt tha sansi jatt tha jatt k bohat gotra yani sub castes hain...
Cheema..gill..sandhu.....grewal...maan...dhaliwal...bajwa.
Bhatti..chohan...awan...noon..khattar hayat...hanjral hinjra hanjra.......chattha....
Sidhu...bohat hain........
Rajput zaat nahi hy rajput ka mtlb hy king ka beta ab har city ma rajput king k betay thay nahi ye sub jatton ki harami auladain thein jin ko rajput boltay hain......
Jatton ny kashmir afghanistan pak india punjab pe hakoomat ki thi.....
Jatt qom warrior qom hai....
Mughal raaj b khtam hogya hy mughal ki family ki video dekho utube pe black colour k koi keh sakta hy k ye bahadur shah zafar ki aulad hy....nahi....aik waqt hota hy....aj kal to pesa mochion mehron k paas b hy mehar b rajput bne huy hain jb k rajput koi zaat paat nai hy....sub jatt hain

I heard that according to Greek Historian Arrian
Raja Porus was a Jatt and
Arrian writes that
Jatts were the bravest people in India and Alexander's first contest was with Jatts.

Arrian writes that Alexander defeated Jatts but Alexander was no more capable to move further after war with jutts.

Alexander attacked Punjab because Porus military aid to Iranians.
This was 2300 years ago.
Screenshot_20220706-203615.png

@Sainthood 101 plz write something about this.

Being Sandhu jutt,I am interested in history of my ancestors.

Raja Porus was a Jatt
Its a speculation people later developed for the tall and physical built of porus..
Its not substantiated what ethnicity or even religion porus really had.
Also porus actually successfully repelled Alexander and that's why his army was pushed south instead of going back victoriously to alexanders bastion in today's tajikistan. Alexander never went back to his stronghold esp. After getting a Malian(multani) arrow puncture his right lung that killed him later.
As for Arian there was a 400-year gap between the time Alexander died and Arrian went to work on his book.
Such a lengthy time lapse breeds skepticism about a biography's accuracy .also since arians source was primary ptolemy who was the successor of Alexander and king of Egypt who left no stones unturned in giving. Alexander a god like figure to prove his succession and give it political strength. A mention of defeat at the hands of porus would have contaminated the godly image of alexander. Also it's to be noted greeks needed a flawless legacy figure like alexander for a high morale in their wars with Romans. So a lot of flattery was part of warfare back then by both ptolemy and aristadous with regards to details on campaigns of Alexander.

Last edited:
Its a speculation people later developed for the tall and physical built of porus..
Its not substantiated what ethnicity or even religion porus really had.
Also porus actually successfully repelled Alexander and that's why his army was pushed south instead of going back victoriously to alexanders bastion in today's tajikistan. Alexander never went back to his stronghold esp. After getting a Malian(multani) arrow puncture his right lung that killed him later.
As for Arian there was a 400-year gap between the time Alexander died and Arrian went to work on his book.
Such a lengthy time lapse breeds skepticism about a biography's accuracy .also since arians source was primary ptolemy who was the successor of Alexander and king of Egypt who left no stones unturned in giving. Alexander a god like figure to prove his succession and give it political strength. A mention of defeat at the hands of porus would have contaminated the godly image of alexander. Also it's to be noted greeks needed a flawless legacy figure like alexander for a high moral in their wars with Romans. So a lot of flattery was part of warfare back then by both ptolemy and aristadous with regards to details on campaigns of Alexander.
Unfortunately we do not have local records of that war.

Arrian writes that
Jatts were the bravest people in India and Alexander's first contest was with Jatts.

Arrian writes that Alexander defeated Jatts but Alexander was no more capable to move further after war with jutts.

This was 2300 years ago.View attachment 861369

jutts were historically good people who lived by code of honor, its had a name in the villages

but were never politically, linguistically, culturally, or religiously united, divided up in subclans, the tribal leader responsible for bringing money for their tribe and were used by every general in their war-fighting machine (like one tribal leader would have his men with one person, some other tribal leader gave men for the defending side) but no jutt except for maybe ranjit singh managed to create an empire- all due to very little unity and clan leaders fighting each other, and using their clans to earn money by recruiting them in any army, outsider, insider doesnt matter

Arrian writes that

This was 2300 years ago.View attachment 861369

This is false, there is no mention of Jatts in Alexandar's biographies.

Back
Top Bottom