What's new

The Indus Valley is Genetically Distinct from Gangetic North India

Harapp Ancestry seems to be reinforcing what studies have also shown.

the Pakistani (Indus Valley) populations differ substantially from most of the Indian populations and show comparably low genetic differentiation (within the FST range of 0.008–0.020) from European, Near Eastern, Caucasian, and Indian populations (Figure 1 and Figures S1 and S11). In agreement with previous Y-chromosome studies,41,42 the Brahmin and Kshatriya from Uttar Pradesh stand out by being closer to Pakistani (FST = 0.006 on average) and West Eurasian populations (FST = 0.030) than to other Indian populations (average FSTs 0.017 and 0.046, respectively) from the same geographic area (Figures S1 and S11).

I don't think that PAC chart properly highlights the visual distance, other reference populations should have been added.

Also, it's better to just calculate the averages rather than adding individual samples, makes it much more cleaner. I recommend using G25 views.

1613666784573.png

Here is one with ancient samples from Pakistan, perhaps @Indus Pakistan may find it interesting.

1613666814781.png

First of all this "Indo aryan" group of languages itself is an useless classifications. Languages are just languages. If a sindhi cannot understand bengali then thats all there is to know. Gouping them togetther and fretting over genetic similiarities or genetic differences is a fools errand. I really wish south asians stop running behind genes - focus on values and deliver benefits to people in the native language of people.

I don't think that PAC chart properly highlights the visual distance, other reference populations should have been added.

Also, it's better to just calculate the averages rather than adding individual samples, makes it much more cleaner. I recommend using G25 views.

View attachment 717499

Here is one with ancient samples from Pakistan, perhaps @Indus Pakistan may find it interesting.

View attachment 717500

So the scientific evidence shows that a north indian has more in common racially and genetically with a bengali then with a Pakistani Punjabi who has more in common with a Pakistani Pushtun who in turn has more in common with an Iranian then they do with ANTYTHING even remotely indian.

@Indus Pakistan:

Bro you need to look at this.

Great thread @ArainGang

We've often reminded our eastern neighbours of the stark distinction between the original genetic composition of the IVC and that of the post-Aryan era gangetic tribes. Such studies, along with the "own goal" Rakhigiri findings further cement this reality, much to the chagrin of OOI philosophisers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom