What's new

The incredible China hydro-engineering

China using 90-100% of yellow river water mostly for agriculture. That is incredible.

The Henan Xiaolangdi dam release 1300 cubic m per sec of water. Among them, Shangdong receives 1020 cubic m per sec of water, meanwhile, Shandong will use 775.6 cubic m per sec of water.

That is to say, only 245 m3/s of water flow to the sea.

Taking into account of water usage before Xiaolangdi in for example Lanzhou, Ningxia and Shannxi, more than 90% of yellow river goes into utilization while less than 10% flow to the sea.

The yellow river flood is a history of past. CPC turn flood water into good use and produce lots of food.

Also CPC must not listen those God damn environmentalist, NGO such as Chai Jing...etc. These people are those liberal arts major type and has no sense of engineering. If people start listening to them China will be finished.

在黄河进入山东的第一个水文站——高村水文站,监测数据显示,黄河流量已达到1020立方米每秒。为保证黄河中下游沿黄灌区小麦关键生长期用水,黄河防总科学调度小浪底水库,2月20日以来分四次将小浪底水库下泄流量,由700立方米每秒逐步加大至1300立方米每秒。今天8点,进入山东各站流量最大已达1020立方米每秒。

目前,山东沿黄各地引黄春灌用水进入高峰期。截至今天,全省有49座引黄闸开启,引水流量775.6立方米每秒,今年累计较去年同期多引水2.41亿立方米。河务部门正密切跟踪水情、旱情及用水需求变化,加强与灌区的沟通联系,科学调度,全力支持沿黄灌区小麦关键生长期用水。

黄河小浪底水库加大下泄流量 山东引水抗旱

Last edited:
@Lux de Veritas Lux de V. is Malay or Chinese?

He's neither. He's an Ili Pika.

The cascade of dams upstream of 3 gorge dam.

View attachment 15789

The technical specification of Wu Dongde, Bai Hetan, Xi Luodu, Xiang Jiaba dam and 3 gorge dam. The 4 dams add together have 200% electric power generation capability than 3 gorge dam.

View attachment 15790

3 gorge dam is the biggest hydro-electric station in the world.

The dam herself, is an engineer wonder, and has been maliciously bad-mouthed. Since the filling of 3 gorge dam reservoir, the flood problem of Yangtze has largely been solved.

There is a serious Yangtze flood in 1998, whereby a lot of life and property are lost.
1998 Yangtze River floods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During 2010, there was a Yangtze flood. I keep on collecting data about Yangtze flood, and monitoring the 3 gorge dam statistic.

Yangtze River floods -- Encyclopedia Britannica

The 3 gorge dam has successfully scaled down the crest water by emptying the reservoir before flood first. Then it discharge less than what it received.

With Wu Dongde, Bai Hetan, Xi Luodu, Xiang Jiaba dam in coordinationze with 3 gorge dam, flooding in Yangtze will be a history.

360_3gorges_dam_1012.jpg

3 gorge dam

View attachment 15791

Xiluodu dam receives very much less attention than 3 gorge dam but she is nevertheless a class of its own. She has 60% power generation of 3 gorge dam, and at the time I am writing, she is very near completion.

Good thread, Lux. Surprisingly not a troll thread. Keep it up.

China using 90-100% of yellow river water mostly for agriculture. That is incredible.

The Henan Xiaolangdi dam release 1300 cubic m per sec of water. Among them, Shangdong receives 1020 cubic m per sec of water, meanwhile, Shandong will use 775.6 cubic m per sec of water.

That is to say, only 225 m3/s of water flow to the sea.

Taking into account of water usage before Xiaolangdi in for example Lanzhou, Ningxia and Shannxi, more than 90% of yellow river goes into utilization while less than 10% flow to the sea.

The yellow river flood is a history of past. CPC turn flood water into good use and produce lots of food.

Also CPC must before those God damn environmentalist, NGO such as Cai Jing...etc. These people are those liberal arts major type and has no sense of engineering. If people start listing to them China will be finished.

在黄河进入山东的第一个水文站——高村水文站,监测数据显示,黄河流量已达到1020立方米每秒。为保证黄河中下游沿黄灌区小麦关键生长期用水,黄河防总科学调度小浪底水库,2月20日以来分四次将小浪底水库下泄流量,由700立方米每秒逐步加大至1300立方米每秒。今天8点,进入山东各站流量最大已达1020立方米每秒。

目前,山东沿黄各地引黄春灌用水进入高峰期。截至今天,全省有49座引黄闸开启,引水流量775.6立方米每秒,今年累计较去年同期多引水2.41亿立方米。河务部门正密切跟踪水情、旱情及用水需求变化,加强与灌区的沟通联系,科学调度,全力支持沿黄灌区小麦关键生长期用水。

黄河小浪底水库加大下泄流量 山东引水抗旱

Dude, if you're surprised by the Yellow River, research into the Pearl River.

He's neither. He's an Ili Pika.

Good thread, Lux. Surprisingly not a troll thread. Keep it up.

Dude, if you're surprised by the Yellow River, research into the Pearl River.
You are both Ili Pikas, my people.
What's with Pearl River?

The 3 gorge dam did wonder again in rescue work of ship capsize.

三峡枢纽继续控制下泄流量 坝前水位升至近153米-搜狐新闻

三峡集团发布的实时水情数据显示,6日8时,三峡枢纽的入库流量为14200立方米每秒,出库流量为6490立方米每秒,出库流量远小于入库流量。受此影响,三峡水库的坝前水位已上升至152.86米。

三峡梯级调度通信中心主任肖舸介绍,三峡水库原本正处于汛前水位消落期,接到长江防总紧急调令后,三峡梯调中心立即着手进行削减下泄流量操作。目前,下泄流量保持为7000立方米每秒左右,水库水位平均每天上升约0.8米。得益于三峡枢纽下泄流量紧急削减,“东方之星”客船翻沉水域的水位下降明显,为救援创设了便利。

I translate.

3 gorge dam inflow is 14,200 while outflow is 6490 cubic meter per sec. 3 gorge dam received instruction to reduce the outflow of water to facilitate rescue effort of capsize ferry Dongfangzhixing.

475944054-rescuers-work-to-hoist-the-capsized-ship-gettyimages.jpg

476062166-rescuers-work-to-raise-the-capsized-ship-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
Tibetan mega-dam begins operation: China media - Channel NewsAsia

View attachment 185110

The biggest dam in Tibet Zangmu Dam @ Brahmaputra in operation. I studied specs of the dam specs. I would express marvel in the planning of PRC engineer.

The location of this dam would be the MOST suitable if PRC is to dig a tunnel and transfer water to Tibet. The water flow is merely 30% compared to Medong, but you cannot transfer water from Medong to Xinjiang. Think of the energy to do a 3 gorge dam in reverse (though not exactly that much).

The water flow here is around 2.5% of 3 gorge dam. 3 gorge dam flow is 14300m3/s. So Zangmu water flow is around 350 m3/s. If 30% can be diverted to Xinjiang, it would be equivalent of South North water transfer central line.

In short term diversion to Xinjiang may not be done because it requires thousand km of tunnels.

This is very confusing. So can the water be transfer to Xinjiang or not ?

This is very confusing. So can the water be transfer to Xinjiang or not ?

Hard to do in engineering. The reason is Zangmu is around 3000m attitude, and if water is going to Xinjiang, there is a need to pass thousands of km of above 4000 attitude.

You cannot simply pump it as it is energy intensive. Think of a reverse 3 gorge dam.

The best way is to build thousands of km of tunnels, but then that itself is an engineering feat.

Those who say China gonna divert Tibet water is trying to sow discord. I have seen so many white man and India newspaper mongering this shit.

@Lux de Veritas

Nice thread! I am looking into this subject these days.

An excellent post.

Wealth will not buy you face and spending hundreds of thousands on a sports car will only impress the ignorant and crass. Unfortunately, this lesson is lost on many in China who euqates 'face' with vulgar displays of wealth.

Absolutely agree with you bro on your view that many Chinese these days are spending stupid money like some people in ME (not all, no offence to the general public in ME). Say in sports car the central focus should be sports, not how expensive are the cars. I used to poke fun on some ignorant friends buying lavish cars without even knowing what they are buying let lone racing in those toys. Be patient bro, consumer education takes time, faster if opinion leaders can set good example.

Last edited:
@Lux de Veritas

Nice thread! I am looking into this subject these days.

Absolutely agree with you bro on your view that many Chinese these days are spending stupid money like some people (not all, no offence to the general public there) in ME. Say in sports car the central focus should be sports, not how expensive are the cars. I used to poke fun on those ignorant guys buying lavish cars without even knowing what are they buying let lone racing in those toys. Be patient bro, consumer education takes time, faster if opinion leaders can set good example.

That's just a social phenomena that is bound to pass. Explosive economic development, social mobility and globalization may have such side affects. This does not clean their act but, sociologically, it is not unprecedented.

Back
Top Bottom