What's new

The Hunt for Seawolf

Not sure I understood the vid. Is it trying to say China torpedoed the seawolf?

I have proposed the scenario of the collision between Connecticut with Chinese sub drone, but someone said the drone cannot cause such a damage. In the meantime I believe if the drone bump with the high speed the damage caused could be serious.

So China deliberately attacked the seawolf submarine? That would cause a war.

It was no war time, so China didn't blow the USS Connecticut into pieces with a heavy torpedo.

The underwater drone just forced the SSN-22 to abdicate its mission to sabotage China's submarine base in Sanya.

Despite with ill-intention from the USS Connecticut, China did show some mercy.

It was no war time, so China didn't blow the USS Connecticut into pieces with a heavy torpedo.

The underwater drone just forced the SSN-22 to abdicate its mission to sabotage China's submarine base in Sanya.

Despite with ill-intention from the USS Connecticut, China did show some mercy.

So the US submarine came to sabotage China's submarine base? What's the source of this information?

So the US submarine came to sabotage China's submarine base? What's the source of this information?

Check for the background information of the Seawolf class; it was built to hunt down the Soviet SSBN.

And now China replaces the Soviet as the main opponent, and the USS Connecticut's incident happened in the waters close to China's SSBN base at Sanya of Hainan.

They didn't come to the South China Sea just for strolling in the park.

Do you get the picture right now?

Check for the background information of the Seawolf class; it was built to hunt down the Soviet SSBN.

And now China replaces the Soviet as the main opponent, and the USS Connecticut's incident happened in the waters close to China's SSBN base at Sanya of Hainan.

They didn't come to the South China Sea just for strolling in the park.

Do you get the picture right now?

They may have come to spy or gather data. Sabotaging a Chinese base is too far fetched.

FYI I did some work on electronic warfare. Below is my opinion.

China will not fire on US sub. This is declaring war. Likely US sub found itself surrounded by various sonar sensors and active sonar pinging that her commanders got panic. We all know the visibility of undersea is as low as 10 meter. You rely on sonar ping to navigate. When there are too much sonar noise, it blinds you. Likely China EW team capture US Sonar signature and transmit same signal pattern. Your sonar is confuse.

Out of panic, the crew choose to flee too fast without thinking too much, and hit rock.

Back
Top Bottom