What's new

The Hindu : Top Pak scientist warns of extremist threat to n-weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to be Hoodbhoy to tell this. The day TTP attacked PNS Mehran, it was clear that TTP has the capacity to take on high security installations.

Hope the world community take cognizance of this and seize Pakistan's nuke/

You don't have to be Hoodbhoy to tell this. The day TTP attacked PNS Mehran, it was clear that TTP has the capacity to take on high security installations.

Hope the world community take cognizance of this and seize Pakistan's nuke/
Why? Bharat isn't strong enough to do it by itself?

Why? Bharat isn't strong enough to do it by itself?
Why would we ? West is too much paranoid. Why should we be the hand. We will just keep propaganda of West alive. :enjoy:

We don't want war with Pakistan. Pakistan is getting divided in various schools of thought. Any thing done by India will unite all of them for common cause against their arch enemy, India.

Why would we ? West is too much paranoid. Why should we be the hand. We will just keep propaganda of West alive. :enjoy:

We don't want war with Pakistan. Pakistan is getting divided in various schools of thought. Any thing done by India will unite all of them for common cause against their arch enemy, India.
Recent border killings, babri masjid, gujrat aren,t really helping your cause at all :police:

Recent border killings, babri masjid, gujrat aren,t really helping your cause at all :police:
Border killings united India. All parties came together. Babri, decades have past, Gujrat, well even Gujrati Muslims have forgotten it. :enjoy:

What has babri masjid, gujrat has to do with Pak. You have weird ways of connecting things

What has babri masjid, gujrat has to do with Pak. You have weird ways of connecting things
Treatment of muslims in india strongly worries us Pakistanis for some reason and make us proud that we have our own land :pakistan:

Border killings united India. All parties came together. Babri, decades have past, Gujrat, well even Gujrati Muslims have forgotten it. :enjoy:
seems to be working for both sides thn

Pakistan wants some elements in Afghanistan who can counter India in Afghanistan. Hence Pakistan started double crossing US so that after 2014 Pakistan comes out to be Taliban's sympathizer and which led to the creation of TTP. For this reason only CIA came to know about it and started sending drones into Pakistan. Because US does not want any Taliban any more which has Al Qaida type mentality.

@SHAMK9 Instead of worrying about so called mis-treatment of Indian Muslims, think about daily killings of Pakistani Muslims. For the love of God, get your priorities straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Treatment of muslims in india strongly worries us Pakistanis for some reason and make us proud that we have our own land :pakistan:

seems to be working for both sides thn

Come out of this non sense reason of being a Pakistani. By the same account, killings of scores of Shias by Sunnis almost everyday then should make an Indian proud. A weird logic I say

@SHAMK9 Instead of worrying about so called mis-treatment of Indian Muslims, think about daily killings of Pakistani Muslims. For the love of God, get your priorities straight.
I was talking about general Pakistanis, I can care less what happens in India, Indian Muslims are least of my worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not stat where this concern is coming from, if he means america thats hardly neww

We all know america is pushing for the very conditions that will give it the pretext to create a global consesus to denuke pak, nothing new there.

The American's have been talking with such confidence aboutan extremist threat to nukes I wonder what they Know that Pak does not.

Pakistani nuclear scientist Pervez Hoodbhoy has spoken of growing fears in Pakistan that its nuclear arsenal could be “hijacked” by extremists as a result of “increasing radicalisation” of the Army.

He said such fears were initially expressed mostly in the west but were now widely shared within Pakistan after “repeated” extremist attacks on Army installations, including the ISI headquarters in Lahore. These could not have taken place without “some sort of inside information”.

“There’s a fair degree of concern that because of increasing radicalisation of Pakistani Army, the country’s nuclear weapons could be hijacked by extremists,” he said speaking to a group of Indian journalists at the launch of his book, Confronting the Bomb: Pakistani & Indian Scientists Speak Out, a collection of essays by Indian and Pakistani scientists who believe that the acquisition of nuclear weapons by the two countries was “undesirable” and had put the entire subcontinent in danger.

Mr. Hoodbhoy, who has often been a target of the Pakistani establishment, said Pakistan’s nuclear capability had given a new dimension to its campaign against India. Islamabad saw it as a “counter-force” to overcome India’s military superiority and was providing a “nuclear umbrella” to jihadis engaged in anti-India activities.

“If Pakistan did not have nuclear weapons, Kargil would not have happened. My contention is that it was the first instance that nuclear weapons actually caused a war, ‘’ he said.

Warning of continued j****i threat to India, he said: “Today India is faced with a very difficult situation because jihadis are still operating in Pakistan with the sanction of the state and they are provided cover by the fact that Pakistan has nuclear weapons.”

Mr. Hoodbhoy said Pakistan started developing its nuclear weapons only because India embarked on it, and though it was still seen as “the primary enemy” by Islamabad’s military establishment there appeared to be signs of a shift amid concerns about threats from within the country.

“But to some extent that perception is changing, with General Kayani (Chief of Pakistani Army Staff) recently saying that Pakistan's major challenge is the enemy within. It is seen to represent a doctrinal shift. It could be, but we are waiting for evidence,” he said adding that the general himself was “under attack within the forces”.

He warned that given the history of nuclear tension between the two countries , there was no room for complacency.

“India and Pakistan have come close to nuclear war at least five times — in 1987, 1990, during Kargil (1999), after the attack on the Indian Parliament (2001) and the Mumbai attacks in 2008… we can’t afford to be passive on this issue. The fallout, from the blast itself to the radioactive effects, will be felt not just in the sub-continent but around the world,” he said.

Source: The Hindu : News / International : Top Pak scientist warns of extremist threat to n-weapons

Note: The word commonly used to describe terrorists is being censored for some reason, as seen in the article. I added the j and i to make it understandable.

Top scientist my a$$, he is just a physics professor at Quad-e-azam university

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom