What's new

The gun I got for Christmas

The gun I got for Christmas: Photographer captures everyday Americans showing off their new weapons at the firing range the day after Christmas - including a woman's custom-made pink anti-tank rifle

2FB580B100000578-0-image-m-6_1451587222799.jpg

2FB580DD00000578-0-image-a-7_1451587266415.jpg

2FB580E900000578-0-image-a-25_1451587938354.jpg

2FB580C500000578-0-image-a-8_1451587317661.jpg

2FB580B900000578-0-image-a-27_1451588119571.jpg

2FB580B500000578-0-image-a-26_1451588001010.jpg

2FB580C100000578-0-image-a-23_1451587843816.jpg

Guns have been one of the most popular gifts this year - with the sale of weapons soaring in the months leading up to the holidays.

So, after the leftovers are stuffed into the tuppaware and extended family members are shoved out the door, thousands of everyday Americans who were given a firearm this Christmas headed out to a firing range to test their presents.

Photographer Patrick Hall captures Americans showing off their new Christmas weapons at the firing range | Daily Mail Online
Some folks just don't get the meaning of Christmas, which is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ. Peace on earth? Thou shalt not kill? You shall love your neighbor as yourself? Other teachings of Jesus include loving one's enemies, refraining from hatred and lust, and turning the other cheek. Hardly compatible with (giving) ownership of these kinds of guns, I would think.

2FB580D500000578-0-image-a-22_1451587626758.jpg

As such, with these arms, definitely not welcome in Holland/Netherlands (which has strickt gun controls).

Some folks just don't get the meaning of Christmas, which is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ. Peace on earth? Thou shalt not kill? You shall love your neighbor as yourself? Other teachings of Jesus include loving one's enemies, refraining from hatred and lust, and turning the other cheek. Hardly compatible with (giving) ownership of these kinds of guns, I would think.

2FB580D500000578-0-image-a-22_1451587626758.jpg

As such, with these arms, definitely not welcome in Holland/Netherlands (which has strickt gun controls).

following is just my Personal opinion and I dont really feel strongly about this subject but anyway

they are not out to kill someone this is a hobby (like car racing and extreme sports) where they go to shooting range to discharge their weapons.
dont confuse gun culture with gang culture
almost everything in America has its own signature which is unique. comparing that with Finland or Norway is wrong.
when the gun nut in Norway went on a shooting spree then the police there had no means to stop him and hours were wasted until an armed response team was assembled to stop him.

doing drag races can also be a dangerous hobby which people do in the public roads .. at least these guys show full respect to the weapons and are highly disciplined and wont be going out in shopping Mall waving their guns and shooting in the air etc. also please dont quote Bundy brother's episode in Oregon .. those guys were nuts and would have used some other method to cause the chaos if guns were not easy to come by like the Anders case I quoted who killed many innocent whereas it was only one guy who got shop by police in self defence in Oregon case.

@boomslang please add anything if you care.

I like guns.:enjoy:
so do I but my stuff is vintage

only have a British service issue .38 revolver
a jungle carbine Lee Enfield and number 5. awesome weapons and lovingly kept and maintained.

in terms of how good I am? well I can shoot and hit stuff thats about it. you are way ahead in that league
I use iron sights wondering about getting a scope but currently gathering info from forums and videos where and what to go for.

so do I but my stuff is vintage

only have a British service issue .38 revolver
a jungle carbine Lee Enfield and number 5. awesome weapons and lovingly kept and maintained.

in terms of how good I am? well I can shoot and hit stuff thats about it. you are way ahead in that league
I use iron sights wondering about getting a scope but currently gathering info from forums and videos where and what to go for.

They're some quality guns you got there. I have a bunch of handguns and two AR's. That's hardly any compared to some guys collections. Some days I shoot good. Some not so much. My wife is a pretty good shot with a handgun. She doesn't like rifles. I like stuff from UTG. I have two scopes and a red dot and love all of them. One of the best deals out there. Highly recommend:sniper:

They're some quality guns you got there. I have a bunch of handguns and two AR's. That's hardly any compared to some guys collections. Some days I shoot good. Some not so much. My wife is a pretty good shot with a handgun. She doesn't like rifles. I like stuff from UTG. I have two scopes and a red dot and love all of them. One of the best deals out there. Highly recommend:sniper:
yea I know. they are British issue.
father served in military so he bought them from the army auction. I learnt that jungle carbine is kind of rare due to accuracy problem so only few hundred thousand were produced till 1947 so I wont be selling it until there is an offer I cant refuse.

what I still dont have is a .22 rifle and it makes me a little mad. firing 7.62 rounds from Enfields is expensive and very loud too
and thats what I am planning to get. but undecided about Savage vs Luger bolt vs semi.might end up buying both eventually. .22 LR

my wife unfortunately is a hippie tree hugging liberal (or she just winds me up).. the best I got her to do was clean up the .38 and pose with it lol.

hickok45 and iraqiveteran8888 are two youtubers that are my goto guys for gun info and more

following is just my Personal opinion and I dont really feel strongly about this subject but anyway

they are not out to kill someone this is a hobby (like car racing and extreme sports) where they go to shooting range to discharge their weapons.
dont confuse gun culture with gang culture
almost everything in America has its own signature which is unique. comparing that with Finland or Norway is wrong.
when the gun nut in Norway went on a shooting spree then the police there had no means to stop him and hours were wasted until an armed response team was assembled to stop him.

doing drag races can also be a dangerous hobby which people do in the public roads .. at least these guys show full respect to the weapons and are highly disciplined and wont be going out in shopping Mall waving their guns and shooting in the air etc. also please dont quote Bundy brother's episode in Oregon .. those guys were nuts and would have used some other method to cause the chaos if guns were not easy to come by like the Anders case I quoted who killed many innocent whereas it was only one guy who got shop by police in self defence in Oregon case.

@boomslang please add anything if you care.
We have suchs hobbyist in the Netherlands as well plus strict gun controls. Our Police has special 'arrest teams' (AT), backed by military police 'Special Assistance units' (BBE), backed up by a special marine intervention unit (UIM), all of which which are quite good at swatting. How many mass shootings have we had?

AT
media_xl_850821.jpg

z_b206c813.jpg

BBE
B3nCziAXGHI.jpg

marechaussee+anko+stoffels.JPG

UIM
uoeteam.jpg

kcbMm.jpg

Include the following weapons are prohibited:
  • stilettos;
  • throwing knives;
  • butterfly knives;
  • brass knuckles;
  • catapults;
  • arrows with cutting parts;
  • other undesirable non-firearms;
  • Weapons (except toy weapons as defined in the European Directive 2009/48 / EC, the Toys Directive) air, gas and spring pressure guns that closely resemble real weapons;
  • air, gas and spring pressure guns that closely resemble real weapons;
  • fully automatic firearms;
  • hand grenades;
  • other military weapons;
  • pepper spray;
  • other objects with toxic, defenseless making and tear- substances;
  • pistols;
  • revolvers;
  • guns;
  • alarm guns.
Welke soorten wapens zijn verboden | Justis
(use translate.google.com to translate Dutch to English)

But you can get a permit for a variety of items.

To be allowed to possess a weapon, you need a gun license. For operations with weapons you need licenses. There are five types of firearms licenses: exemption, leave, recognition, consent and waiver transit [explained on website]

To obtain a gun license, you must meet certain conditions. These conditions depend inter alia on the type of weapon which you are requesting a permit. applies to all licenses:
  • The applicant must have a reasonable interest in possession of a weapon. The following reasonable interests may occur:
  1. Keeping a collection of firearms of category II and III;
  2. Keeping a collection of ammunition Category II;
  3. Taking part in reenactment performances;
  4. Professional competence requirement;
  5. Complementing historical military equipment;
  6. Museum;
  7. Salute shots.
  • There should be no fear existed for abuse.

You will not get a permit, if there are grounds for doubting whether authorization is justified. This may be the case if there is a serious suspicion that you have committed an offense. Depending on the severity of the offense can look back to eight years. Also your psychological state or other facts and circumstances can ensure that you get a permit.

If you have a license and commits an offense, your license may be revoked. This may also be the case if you have not been convicted.

Do you need a vacation, recognition or a hunting permit, then you should apply for a police chief. Do you need a waiver, then you must apply for Justis.
Hoe vraagt u een wapenvergunning aan | Justis

We have suchs hobbyist in the Netherlands as well plus strict gun controls. Our Police has special 'arrest teams' (AT), backed by military police 'Special Assistance units' (BBE), backed up by a special marine intervention unit (UIM), all of which which are quite good at swatting. How many mass shootings have we had?

AT
media_xl_850821.jpg

z_b206c813.jpg

BBE
B3nCziAXGHI.jpg

marechaussee+anko+stoffels.JPG

UIM
uoeteam.jpg

kcbMm.jpg

Include the following weapons are prohibited:
  • stilettos;
  • throwing knives;
  • butterfly knives;
  • brass knuckles;
  • catapults;
  • arrows with cutting parts;
  • other undesirable non-firearms;
  • Weapons (except toy weapons as defined in the European Directive 2009/48 / EC, the Toys Directive) air, gas and spring pressure guns that closely resemble real weapons;
  • air, gas and spring pressure guns that closely resemble real weapons;
  • fully automatic firearms;
  • hand grenades;
  • other military weapons;
  • pepper spray;
  • other objects with toxic, defenseless making and tear- substances;
  • pistols;
  • revolvers;
  • guns;
  • alarm guns.
Welke soorten wapens zijn verboden | Justis

But you can get a permit for a variety of items.

To be allowed to possess a weapon, you need a gun license. For operations with weapons you need licenses. There are five types of firearms licenses: exemption, leave, recognition, consent and waiver transit [explained on website]

To obtain a gun license, you must meet certain conditions. These conditions depend inter alia on the type of weapon which you are requesting a permit. applies to all licenses:
  • The applicant must have a reasonable interest in possession of a weapon. The following reasonable interests may occur:
  1. Keeping a collection of firearms of category II and III;
  2. Keeping a collection of ammunition Category II;
  3. Taking part in reenactment performances;
  4. Professional competence requirement;
  5. Complementing historical military equipment;
  6. Museum;
  7. Salute shots.
  • There should be no fear existed for abuse.
You will not get a permit, if there are grounds for doubting whether authorization is justified. This may be the case if there is a serious suspicion that you have committed an offense. Depending on the severity of the offense can look back to eight years. Also your psychological state or other facts and circumstances can ensure that you get a permit.

If you have a license and commits an offense, your license may be revoked. This may also be the case if you have not been convicted.

Do you need a vacation, recognition or a hunting permit, then you should apply for a police chief. Do you need a waiver, then you must apply for Justis.
Hoe vraagt u een wapenvergunning aan | Justis
thanks for detailed post this should be ,made into a separate thread. my objection was to the way discussion was heading in this thread which relates to American specific culture towards guns and more specifically in the south.
it is unique there and its their law of the land and their constitution.
one is ill placed to make a judgement without being part of that community.

in our own tribal areas there are no gun laws... there are never any shoot outs and chaos in public places like one fears (current times terrorism is regional global phenomenon). getting a firearm as a gift is great honour and respect for us.

You are stupid. There should be no arms license requirement. Everyone should be free to buy whatever he wants to protect himself from the terrorist goons. If common people had guns there would be no bhatta khors

i wish pakistan gov disarm all its citizens from A to Z i will be the first one to hand over all the guns in my house.

I think IraqVet passed away a while back, and I envy Hicock 45

They're my favorites, too.

you are not alone:pakistan:

I like guns.:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom