What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

No . Russia want to increase their power here. Russia Pacific Fleet increasing in power. Their obj: decrease American power here. Russia can befriend Japan Korea more

I want gaijin out of my country

i don't think so , russia has attracted enough attention with syria and Ukraine , , they rather not make more fuzz about themselves

Hang on there, this article by the Russians is about the SCS, don't deflect the topic to India & the India Ocean, sheesh... :rolleyes:

As for India's role in the SCS, it ist to be determined what role or even whose side India will take. I would have no doubt that India will use SCS to counter play our influence in Pakistan CPEC & our lingering border issue. But to say that Sino-India war will erupt at your desire is just plain silly. :lol:

You are trying way too @Desertfalcon, take a chill pill.

No , that too is going too far.

At best India is only for oil in SCS, it doesn't matter much if it gets that with Vietnam or with China.

And believe me when I say it, there never was so much goodwill and desire, to mend ties with China than ever it was. Yes the border issue and river issue will take its time.

But as economy increase and the bilateral trade, so the conflicts will be resolved.

Because India might if God forbid, the day comes that China and India go to war, again. They did once and China is expanding not only in the SCS, but in the Indian Ocean. Russia also already has a history of supporting India, materially and diplomatically, when India has been at war with Pakistan, China's ally. It's pretty straight forward reasoning. It's not what I think will happen. It's just what I think would play out, if it did happen.

In the event of a conflict, those two countries will be on completely different sides so no, Russia will not supply both. Russia already supplies Vietnam but much less so, China. Just as Russia already has a very close defence relationship with India, but much less so with China.

We know one thing, that no one else will fight wars for us. And we are working for it.

Chinese cooperation with Pakistan is not a concern, but Chinese cooperation with Pakistan in Kashmir is our problem.

The bigger problem is American cooperation with Pakistan. But that doesn't call for preparing 10,000km ICBMs.

As for the point, you brought Russian Support to India on SCS. I only meant that we will do nothing in SCS, so help is not required.

No , that too is going too far.

At best India is only for oil in SCS, it doesn't matter much if it gets that with Vietnam or with China.

And believe me when I say it, there never was so much goodwill and desire, to mend ties with China than ever it was. Yes the border issue and river issue will take its time.

But as economy increase and the bilateral trade, so the conflicts will be resolved.

We know one thing, that no one else will fight wars for us. And we are working for it.

Chinese cooperation with Pakistan is not a concern, but Chinese cooperation with Pakistan in Kashmir is our problem.

The bigger problem is American cooperation with Pakistan. But that doesn't call for preparing 10,000km ICBMs.

As for the point, you brought Russian Support to India on SCS. I only meant that we will do nothing in SCS, so help is not required.
One of the wisest Indian members I've ever encountered on PDF.
Nice meeting you, bro!

i have never heard of russia official stance, all i know is russia somewhat supports their former ally vietnam.

there's no signs that russia is willing to have military alliance with china..

most likely russia will take advantage of the situation.. if china fall's i will bet russia will rush in and take as much territory as much as possible.

i have never heard of russia official stance, all i know is russia somewhat supports their former ally vietnam.

there's no signs that russia is willing to have military alliance with china..

most likely russia will take advantage of the situation.. if china fall's i will bet russia will rush in and take as much territory as much as possible.
True, Russia still prefer Soviet's strategy: support Vietnam to contain China. If CN fall,then Beijing will belong to Russia :)

True, Russia still prefer Soviet's strategy: support Vietnam to contain China. If CN fall,then Beijing will belong to Russia :)

correct i read an article from russian generals that they predict that russia & china will have border disputes in future, once china gets stronger or china no longer need russian military tech.

correct i read an article from russian generals that they predict that russia & china will have border disputes in future, once china gets stronger or china no longer need russian military tech.
Russia bear is not smart at running bussiness, so he will not be the threat to US economy like CN. I think that once day, USA will even shake hand wt Russia to divide CN again,just like in Eight alliance preriod :)

I want gaijin out of my country
This is exactly what Nihonjin1050 talking about. The American will never understand the mind of Japanese, in which they are overconfident that the Japanese will be forever subordinated to them. Look at its history, the Japanese are pride people and every countries that tried to vassalize them were failed at the end, that including my country.

Last edited:
Russia shall do nothing when you see your enemies making a mistake the best thing to do is to remain silent let your enemy get weaker and that is what Russia is doing. They will only get benefits from China-America war

Russia Chopper Tech Heading to China
2016-03-09

3ca8825fe8ed4033a42b1dea7e3fc554.jpg

A new heavy helicopter model is manufactured by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China. [Photo: china.com]

China and Russia have reached consensus on technologies to be used in the joint development of heavy-lift helicopters.

Chairman of the AVIC Helicopter Company, Yu Feng, says the two countries held the seventh round of negotiations to cooperate in developing heavy lift choppers.

The Aviation Industry Corporation of China signed a framework agreement with Russian Helicopters last May.

The project is going forward as planned.

Heavy helicopter refers to those with a take-off weight of over 20 tons.

The cooperation will fill a blank in China's helicopter industry.

China, Russia support resumption of Six-Party Talks

b8aeed9906a7184db53b01.jpg

Visiting Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi (3rd R) holds talks with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov (2nd L) in Moscow, Russia, on March 11, 2016. [Xinhua]

Both China and Russia pursue the denuclearization on the Korean peninsula, and support the resumption of Six-Party Talks with commitment to making new efforts to that end, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said here Friday.

"The United Nations Security Council Resolution 2270 should be fully implemented, which would, on the one hand, block further development of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's (DPRK) nuclear programs, and on the other, should not have impact on its people and humanitarian need," Wang said at a press conference after meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov.

Actions should be avoided to intensify tensions on the Korean Peninsula, and efforts should be made to resume the Six-Party Talks, which are important contents in the resolution and also commitments of all the members of the United Nations Security Council, Wang noted.

There should be no alternative to the UN Security Council resolution, said Wang, adding that any unilateral sanctions beyond the resolution, since without authorization from the UN Security Council and short of international consensus, should be cautiously considered, while all parties involved should exercise restraint to prevent the situation from spinning out of control.

Wang stressed that China's proposal of promoting peace mechanism alongside the denuclearization process indicates its responsible position of not giving up negotiations, which is also part of the implementation of the resolution.

"Any sides with different ideas should speak out their own suggestions, and China is ready to listen to voices from other sides in working out the detailed and practical schemes concerning the nuclear issue," said Wang.

Commenting on the possible deployment of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), a U.S. Army anti-ballistic missile system, in South Korea, the two foreign ministers shared the opinion that it is far beyond the defense needs in the region. They believed that the deployment of THAAD would sabotage regional strategic balance and lead to an arms race.

The Six-Party Talks, involving China, the DPRK, the United States, the Republic of Korea, Russia and Japan, was designed to facilitate a peaceful solution to nuclear non-proliferation on the Korean Peninsula.

The talks were suspended in late 2008.

The UN Security Council unanimously adopted resolution 2270 on the DPRK on March 2 that, in reality, cuts off the country from any means to develop its nuclear and missile programs.

@Nihonjin1051 , @Tiqiu, @Kiss_of_the_Dragon et al.

The problem is that the UN and any outside parties, are virtually powerless over what North Korea does. NK is the most isolated state in the world. There is no real outside leverage against her that is effective.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom